Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 859865 times)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3120 on: April 08, 2014, 07:37:09 pm »
I beat 2048.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #3121 on: April 08, 2014, 09:42:26 pm »
I beat 2048.

The numbers game app? If so, well done.

I've been addicted it for a week now and my highest score so far is only 11448.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #3122 on: April 08, 2014, 10:40:23 pm »
I watched Pontypool on Netflix today.

Sydney Briar is alive!
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3123 on: April 09, 2014, 01:48:43 pm »
So I found out I'm taking the ASVAP next Tuesday, so that's a thing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3124 on: April 11, 2014, 01:47:45 pm »
Technically, this happened yesterday, but I went in for a preliminary doctor meeting thingy so I can schedule a vasectomy.  The cool part?  Absolutely ZERO bullshit questions or him-hawing, or beating around the bush, or pussy-footing around.  Just asked why I wanted it, gave my answer (tonnes of inheritable psychological maladies in my family), and he said it was cool.  I'll need to get some athletic support and an ice pack for afterwards, though, but that's not too bad.  Plus, the typical time it takes to clear my tubes, as it were, after the process is complete is around 15 ejaculations.  Also known as something I could comfortably complete within two weeks, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3125 on: April 11, 2014, 03:12:37 pm »
I just got promoted!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3126 on: April 11, 2014, 06:48:50 pm »
Congrats! What's your job?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3127 on: April 11, 2014, 07:13:57 pm »
Congrats! What's your job?
I'm a sales broker.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3128 on: April 15, 2014, 03:49:24 pm »
I have made some statistics look better. I got a job. Again.

The funny part is that the unemployment office held an interview/questioning with me last week to see if I am really trying to get a job or if they could maybe stop giving money to me for being a lazy moocher.

...After talking for a while and counting all the applications and job interviews I had been to they were left a bit flabbergasted. They did tell me to try get job X which they found from a list for me and to join a project that is supposed to help engineers gain employment. One day after joining the project I got a job (I had applied for it before the meeting with the unemployment office and actually had a phone interview for the job on my way home from the meeting...) so now the project can once again put on their papers that they've helped another engineer find employment. Yay!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3129 on: April 15, 2014, 06:56:58 pm »
Congrats on finding a job, Askold!...And all by yourself, thank you very much. ;D
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3130 on: April 17, 2014, 09:24:36 am »
My final project for the most stressful class this semester is complete. I have virtually nothing else to do besides final exams.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3131 on: April 18, 2014, 06:04:52 pm »
I just got my birthday present today (my birthday's a week from Sunday); a portable air conditioner for my room.  Hopefully, sleeping in my room upstairs will be a bit more bearable this summer (there's no central cooling for the upstairs, so it gets really hot and humid in the summer).

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3132 on: April 19, 2014, 11:55:55 pm »
A couple people told me they thought I was five years younger than I am. I chose to take it as a compliment.
Σא

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3133 on: April 20, 2014, 03:57:07 am »
I finally got my old writings off of my broken computer and onto my new one!
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3134 on: April 20, 2014, 08:26:12 am »
A couple people told me they thought I was five years younger than I am. I chose to take it as a compliment.

According to a friend of mine, my mic makes it sound like I'm 15 years old, lol.  Though, my voice does still occasionally fluctuate...a lot.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.