Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 859053 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3195 on: May 30, 2014, 11:58:29 pm »
Youre both faggots
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3196 on: May 31, 2014, 01:21:40 am »
I finally got an interview scheduled.

Sadly, it's for McDonalds... but that's better than no job.  And I'm going to try to eventually get some cashier experience while I'm there - it'll be invaluable for future jobseeking opportunities.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #3197 on: May 31, 2014, 02:50:42 pm »

Sadly, it's for McDonalds... but that's better than no job.  And I'm going to try to eventually get some cashier experience while I'm there - it'll be invaluable for future jobseeking opportunities.

This morning I handed a cashier a coupon, and the cashier couldn't even read the coupon.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3198 on: May 31, 2014, 03:20:26 pm »

This morning I handed a cashier a coupon, and the cashier couldn't even read the coupon.

I'm talking about how places won't give you a cashier job unless you have cashier experience.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3199 on: May 31, 2014, 03:25:32 pm »
Finally back home after a 3 week vacation!
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3200 on: June 01, 2014, 10:26:20 am »
It didn't happen today but it's still good my friend who works at the World War II Museum said he could get me a job their so that's good for me since I've been looking for work for a while.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3201 on: June 01, 2014, 12:29:30 pm »
I got new spices today!  It sounds silly, but I like having plenty of spices around to make food less...well, dull.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3202 on: June 01, 2014, 05:45:44 pm »
I have finished my new home computer/gaming rig.

It was a pain in the ass figuring out what I've been doing wrong while setting it up. I had to format my operating system twice because I thought I fucked it up so badly (after installing the drivers for my graphics card) until I figured out I needed to have setup the screen display.

In short, I've made a few stupid mistakes (this is the first time I've built a computer, with the help of my uncle) and this took nearly four months with long, long delays (Spring Semester classes and finals, mainly) but in the end this was so worth it because I have a computer I won't have to be afraid I will suffocate with games of high-quality graphics and rendering 3D models (having to do 3D models for homework was hell on my laptop, but the wonderful thing was that its graphics card was better than the campus computers).

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #3203 on: June 02, 2014, 08:36:46 pm »
I spilled coffee on the 500.00 laptop. I dropped the smartphone. The car needs repairs. The TV is broken.

At least I got a decent hike through a river gorge and checked out 3 waterfalls up close. That'll do.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3204 on: June 05, 2014, 01:44:13 am »
This is no longer an April Fools joke and is now a real thing:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3jVX6cU2M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3jVX6cU2M</a>

My reaction:

(This just didn't seem to fit well into Funny/Stupid Videos)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3205 on: June 05, 2014, 02:39:07 am »
I have my second job interview of the week on Friday which is a record for me; usually if I get one interview in the span of a month I consider myself lucky.  Unfortunatley, like  Magus, it's for McDonalds but I mean, fuck, it's got to be better than being enemployed right?

The only problem is I have a 14 inch long beard, which may be an issue working in a food joint.  I'm assuming they have beard nets though?  I mean Sikhs traditionally are not alowed to cut their hair or beards (though many do these days),  they couldn't just refuse them jobs on those gorunds because that'd be a form of religious descrimination, so  surely they'll have beard nets for such an eventuality even if the Sikh population of Belfast is not exactly extensive.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3206 on: June 05, 2014, 07:16:34 pm »
I have my second job interview of the week on Friday which is a record for me; usually if I get one interview in the span of a month I consider myself lucky.  Unfortunatley, like  Magus, it's for McDonalds but I mean, fuck, it's got to be better than being enemployed right?

The only problem is I have a 14 inch long beard, which may be an issue working in a food joint.  I'm assuming they have beard nets though?  I mean Sikhs traditionally are not alowed to cut their hair or beards (though many do these days),  they couldn't just refuse them jobs on those gorunds because that'd be a form of religious descrimination, so  surely they'll have beard nets for such an eventuality even if the Sikh population of Belfast is not exactly extensive.

Are you actually Sikh, or pretending to be Sikh?

Or just going to refuse to shave anyway and hope that they don't care?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3207 on: June 05, 2014, 08:12:04 pm »
THEY FIXED THE AC!  I'm so happy!  I won't have to strangle people, now!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3208 on: June 05, 2014, 10:21:00 pm »
Yeah but I'm still on my way

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3209 on: June 06, 2014, 01:31:13 am »

Are you actually Sikh, or pretending to be Sikh?

Or just going to refuse to shave anyway and hope that they don't care?

Neither of the first two - the Sikh thing was merely an example of my reasoning behind why they should have beard nets.  Also, I know someone with a beard who applied for a job at KFC who was given the choice of a beard net or shaving so hopefully McDonalds will do the same.  Hopefully.

And my beard is for another intermittent job that I do that I actually like doing, I don't imagine I'll like working at McDonalds nearly as much, so I'd prefer to not shave if possible as whilst it won't necessarily stop me fom doing that other job it will descrease my chances of being called back if I don't have the right look anymore.  Although a stable full time job will have to take priority over that, but I'd rather not shave if I can get away with it.