Author Topic: Spam spam spam lawsuit spam spam spam! Spamity spam!  (Read 4019 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Spam spam spam lawsuit spam spam spam! Spamity spam!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 04:49:51 pm »
...*twitch*

If you'll excuse me, I'll be in the angry dome.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 05:52:30 pm »
What a poorly written article. Re-reading the article several times and I still didn't fully understand the issue. this guy "helped" produce the movie and says he was entitled to more money, and he got it because of a diary entry? I'm gonna need to look for more articles to actually understand the backstory to this.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 07:42:47 pm »
What it looks to me is that, while he worked on the movie, he didn't work on the broadway version. In other words, he just "proved" that he deserved to be paid for work he didn't do.
Who needs a signature?

wrightway

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 08:15:15 pm »
To me it looks like he gets a cut of all Holy Grail profits, and Spamalot was considered a part of it.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:59 am »
To me it looks like he gets a cut of all Holy Grail profits, and Spamalot was considered a part of it.

This is what I was thinking as well. What else can we find on the contract he signed? I highly doubt that any court would accept a vague diary entry about how "He's the seventh Python, you know" as damning evidence.

Also, what on Earth does this have to do with UK and US relations? This is hardly a political case.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 03:25:43 am »
Some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle! And this'll help things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life. Always look on the bright side of life.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 06:59:24 pm »
Also, what on Earth does this have to do with UK and US relations? This is hardly a political case.
It’s this connotation:
Forstater, an American based in Britain, argued that he was entitled to one-seventh of the profits from the “Holy Grail” film and any merchandise or spin-offs.

Don’t try to steal credit for revered cultural works, it causes a lot of bad blood. Which can and probably will be used for political capital.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 07:11:31 pm »
It’s this connotation:
Forstater, an American based in Britain, argued that he was entitled to one-seventh of the profits from the “Holy Grail” film and any merchandise or spin-offs.

Don’t try to steal credit for revered cultural works, it causes a lot of bad blood. Which can and probably will be used for political capital.

I seriously doubt that an American successfully getting a share of profit for a Monty Python production is going to cause an international incident.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:32:28 pm »
It’s this connotation:

I seriously doubt that an American successfully getting a share of profit for a Monty Python production is going to cause an international incident.
I agree. Monty Python does not control world government (we only wish they did).
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 10:54:42 am »
I could see it pissin 'em off, but not to the point where it'd harm international relations.  After all, what country can honestly say they have complete control over all their dipshit citizens?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.