Author Topic: Girls Kidnapped 10 Years Ago, Found  (Read 14454 times)

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
Re: Girls Kidnapped 10 Years Ago, Found
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2013, 07:11:20 pm »
I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to relive all that in the courtroom.

Well, they lived it for 10 years. It's probably a picnic compared to actually being raped and beaten. I imagine being able to tell their story is cathartic as well.

wrightway

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2013, 07:18:17 pm »
He pled guilty to 937 counts, giving him life without chance of parole plus a thousand years. In return they took the death penalty off the table.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2013, 07:43:19 pm »
He pled guilty to 937 counts, giving him life without chance of parole plus a thousand years. In return they took the death penalty off the table.

I assume he'll be in permanent solitary, right? Otherwise he'll be dead within a couple weeks.

Also, you mean 937 counts of rape, right? How'd they get that number?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2013, 07:47:33 pm »

I assume he'll be in permanent solitary, right? Otherwise he'll be dead within a couple weeks.

I'd imagine with a lot of discussion and math. Also, here's hoping he's in the general population.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

wrightway

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2013, 07:55:26 pm »

I'd imagine with a lot of discussion and math. Also, here's hoping he's in the general population.

It covered a lot of things. Rape was part of it; there was also kidnapping, forced abortion, assault, menacing, etc, etc. I'm praying he gets general population.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2013, 08:34:02 pm »
this guy is beyond evil. i am formally against the carceral system, and yet here i think it's almost fitting. although i would wish for his imprisonment to be televized and moreso to actually see him being beaten beyond recognition. i would wish him to be thrown into an arena reminiscent of unreal tournament, so that people can actually make a profit of his suffering. i wish him jack harkness immortality, so that he may die again and again. may his world be one of suffering and pain.

also, he actually got life and a thousand years?! i didn't know the USA went that far! i thought the biggest sentence ever was 379 years (maddof? dahmer? i forget)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

wrightway

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2013, 08:42:19 pm »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ariel-castro-received-best-sentence-son-article-1.1411636

Life plus a thousand. Now I'm wishing for reincarnation and a way to prove it for the next 15 goes or so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2013, 09:48:13 pm »
I can't imagine any other scenario where he couldn't get off.  Seriously this was just open and shut.  Not only was he guilty, there's no way anyone can prove reasonable doubt in this case.  He was caught red handed.

Ironbite-still life plus 1000, not bad.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2013, 10:02:53 pm »
this guy is beyond evil. i am formally against the carceral system, and yet here i think it's almost fitting. although i would wish for his imprisonment to be televized and moreso to actually see him being beaten beyond recognition. i would wish him to be thrown into an arena reminiscent of unreal tournament, so that people can actually make a profit of his suffering. i wish him jack harkness immortality, so that he may die again and again. may his world be one of suffering and pain.

also, he actually got life and a thousand years?! i didn't know the USA went that far! i thought the biggest sentence ever was 379 years (maddof? dahmer? i forget)

The longest in the US is 10,000 years, given to Dudley Wayne Kyzer. The longest in the world is 384,912 years, given to Palma de Mallorca for not delivering letters.

Edit: Actually I found upon further reading that the longest sentence in the US started a 2,000 years for Darron Bennalford Anderson's crimes, which he later appealled. Upon appealing a few thousand more years were added for each of his crimes, ending up at 12,744 years. Where was this you ask? Well where else but right here in Oklahoma.

Quote from an article:
   The longest jail sentence passed was in the United States - 10,000 years for a triple murder. Dudley Wayne Kyzer was jailed for 10,000 years by a court in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in 1981 for murdering his wife. He was then sentenced to two life terms for murdering his mother-in-law and a college student. In 1994 Oklahoma rapist Darron Bennalford Anderson received a 2,200-year jail sentence. When he appealed and won a new trial, he was convicted again and resentenced to more than 90 additional centuries behind bars - including 4,000 years each for rape and sodomy, 1,750 years for kidnapping, 1,000 years for burglary and robbery, and 500 years for grand larceny. In July 1997, the state Court of Criminal Appeals held that the grand larceny charge was double jeopardy on the robbery conviction and thus dismissed it. So the court cut Anderson's sentence by 500 years, speeding up his release date to the year 12,744!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:11:44 pm by MadCatTLX »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov