Community > Politics and Government

Rep. Giffords to Resign

(1/3) > >>

DiscoBerry:
I am all for her focusing on her recovery but I am not eager to see who replaces her.  Not familiar with Arizona election law but a special election could put another Tea Party wacko in the seat.   

--- Quote ---Rep. Gabrielle Giffords says she is stepping down from Congress this week to focus on her recovery from the shooting in January 2011 that shocked the nation.

The Arizona Democrat was shot in the head at point-blank range as she was meeting with constituents in a Tucson grocery store. Six people were killed in the rampage and 12 others were wounded.

"A lot has happened over the past year. We cannot change that," she said in the video posted on her Facebook page. "...I don't remember much from that horrible day, but I will never forget the trust you placed in me to be your voice. Thank you for your prayers and for giving me time to recover. I have more work to do on my recovery so to do what is best for Arizona I will step down this week."

The Associated Press reports Giffords' resignation is expected to take effect Monday.
--- End quote ---

Meshakhad:
NOOO!

I was really hoping that she would remain in office.

Here's hoping that after she recovers, she decides to return.

Rabbit of Caerbannog:

kefkaownsall:
odd she seemed okay to givve that one vote

DasFuchs:

--- Quote from: kefkaownsall on January 22, 2012, 04:10:14 pm ---odd she seemed okay to givve that one vote

--- End quote ---

Sometimes injuries don't mend well in stressful situations, which is Congress 100% with all the bullshit retardedness going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version