Author Topic: What a wingnut believes are "rational auidiences"  (Read 3085 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: What a wingnut believes are "rational auidiences"
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:26 pm »
I think the right is radicalizing, but the left is just becoming more European-left than American-left. That is, we're becoming legitimately left wing, not left wing only because those guys are even more right wing.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 11:59:23 pm »
I consider myself Independent. I look for what works, and "conservative" and "liberal" don't really enter into it. Only reason I tend to vote Democrat at all is because the GOP has lost its damned mind, and even then, I don't vote along party lines. If I think a candidate is doing his or her job okay, I vote for 'em. Sadly, results don't seem to matter to most pols.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 03:37:42 am »
I consider myself Independent. I look for what works, and "conservative" and "liberal" don't really enter into it. Only reason I tend to vote Democrat at all is because the GOP has lost its damned mind, and even then, I don't vote along party lines. If I think a candidate is doing his or her job okay, I vote for 'em. Sadly, results don't seem to matter to most pols.

Why do you assume that people who happen to hold views broadly in line with those of a lot of other people must have abandoned pragmatism? I disagree with you about what works- that does not mean I do not still hold efficacy to be important. Why do you think I don't care about results?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR