Author Topic: White supremacist finds out he's part black  (Read 10072 times)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
Re: White supremacist finds out he's part black
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 03:06:31 pm »
And as I said previously, I'm a fucking mutt.  Norse, Welsh, Scottish, British,
I'm sorry, but that's not a mutt. It's northern european, northern european, northern european, and northern european.

and a hint of Native American in my bloodstream.
Lol. It may be true, but that's what EVERY white person I've ever known who wanted to sound more racially interesting says.

My mum's like that, she's convinced that we have practically all the ethnicities.

She's even thinks that we have Mayan and Native American blood, even though we're British and there's pretty much no chance of that being true.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »
I'm sorry, but that's not a mutt. It's northern european, northern european, northern european, and northern european.

Lol. It may be true, but that's what EVERY white person I've ever known who wanted to sound more racially interesting says.

My mum's like that, she's convinced that we have practically all the ethnicities.

She's even thinks that we have Mayan and Native American blood, even though we're British and there's pretty much no chance of that being true.

On the other hand concidering the Roman rule of the British isles it is possible that you have ancestors from any or all of the ethnic groups that formed Rome. (Some historian even claims that London during Roman rule was more multicultural than it is now, with legionnaires and citizens from all corners of Rome living there.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 03:34:18 pm »
Slavics are usually brown haired/brown eyed and tend to be able to trace themselves back to the magical Caucasus region. It's so odd to apparently be whiter than the people who say they are white when Slavics are actually dark. 

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2013, 03:37:35 pm »

On the other hand concidering the Roman rule of the British isles it is possible that you have ancestors from any or all of the ethnic groups that formed Rome. (Some historian even claims that London during Roman rule was more multicultural than it is now, with legionnaires and citizens from all corners of Rome living there.)

I can see that, but Mayan and Native American? I don't think so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2013, 03:56:55 pm »

Did I do something to offend you?

Not to mention that even if they are all Northern European, so what?  I'm pretty damn sure they don't unite under a happy banner of being white, there are people in those cultures bigoted against other northern europeans for not being their brand of northern european.

The idea of a "noble, superior white race" is absurd because of that and many, many other reasons.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:59:43 pm by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2013, 04:28:30 pm »
Some Brits have Native American blood in them.  Remember a lot of Natives were taken from the Americas back to the Old World to... well... 'show off', for lack of a better word. 
Some Natives were educated in England so they could act as go-betweens from the Native-Speaking and English-Speaking settlers and gentry.

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2013, 04:43:26 pm »
Some Brits have Native American blood in them.  Remember a lot of Natives were taken from the Americas back to the Old World to... well... 'show off', for lack of a better word. 
Some Natives were educated in England so they could act as go-betweens from the Native-Speaking and English-Speaking settlers and gentry.

I know it's not completely impossible, but she will just randomly get it in her head that we definitely have a specific ethnicity or famous ancestor in our family, but it won't be based on any kind of evidence.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2013, 05:54:45 pm »

No, I just find it a funny trend. i.e. White folks calling themselves "mutts" (they always seem to use that word too) because their ancestors were ever-so-slightly different shades of white. And they always seem to throw in an imperceptable smidgin of native american for good measure.

Not to mention that even if they are all Northern European, so what?  I'm pretty damn sure they don't unite under a happy banner of being white, there are people in those cultures bigoted against other northern europeans for not being their brand of northern european.
So? People fight over being different tribes or clans, or even families within a tribe or clan. That's like saying your dog's a mutt because its parents were both chocolate labs, but they were born in kennels on opposite sides of town.

English, Scottish, and Welsh all come from the same little island, even, and have a lot of Norse ancestry to begin with.

The idea of a "noble, superior white race" is absurd because of that and many, many other reasons.
No argument there.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:57:57 pm by JohnE »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2013, 06:23:41 pm »

No, I just find it a funny trend. i.e. White folks calling themselves "mutts" (they always seem to use that word too) because their ancestors were ever-so-slightly different shades of white. And they always seem to throw in an imperceptable smidgin of native american for good measure.

I was using "mutt" as a humorous term in the first place.  (Also of note is that mutts are generally healthier dogs than purebreeds.  And also of note is that most human beings tend to be mutts in the first place)

As for the whole native american thing, well, I'm from America. A lot of white people here have a smidgen of native american blood.

So in the future, should I pretend to not have Native American blood, just so I don't fit into a "silly trend"?  I probably have blood from more sources than I listed, I just don't know them.  What I listed was what I actually knew for a fact.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:25:21 pm by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2013, 07:36:03 pm »
You shouldn't pretend anything. It just strikes me as a little, "Look at me!" to call yourself a mutt because you have a few non-white ancestors. (I'm sure I do too, but like you said, being an American, that's par for the course.)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »
That wasn't really even remotely close to what I was going for, though.

More along the lines of "If I fit their definition of Aryan simply because blue eyes blonde hair, their definition is insane."

Which we already knew anyways, but I like illustrating how insane.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2013, 09:05:22 pm »
Out of curiosity, which Native tribe/band are your descended from?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2013, 09:38:24 pm »
Out of curiosity, which Native tribe/band are your descended from?

Some of my relatives think it's Chirikawa Apache (or is it Apache Chirikawa?), but that doesn't make much sense considering they were in the southwest and my family lineage doesn't really come from there (it's more northeast/central for my overall family lineage)

So Mom thinks it's Cherokee, actually.

I don't even know the exact percentage either.  All I know is, I don't really care because I don't plan on identifying as a Native American, nor do I have the right to speak on their behalf (after all, it was also my ancestors who made their lives a living hell)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2013, 10:18:47 pm »
I've only narrowed down my bloodline to being a good portion of Ukrainian. Beyond that, all I know is that my biological dad was genetically diverse though mostly European. I would have to take a test to narrow down things. I assume I have some sort of Celtic in me. I do know I was adopted into a family that was descended from the Scottish MacFarlane clan and that my mother actually does have Native American in her (amusing in the fact that she is blonde hair, blue eyed). But neither of those things matter when it comes to my bloodline because of obvious reasons. If the tests weren't so expensive I'd happily get one done simply because I enjoy looking up the history of my ethnicities.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2013, 10:30:55 pm »
I'm mostly Scottish, Irish, German, and Finnish, with maybe a bit of English, Polish, and Swedish mixed in.

Yeah, complete blond-haired, blue-eyed northern European here and no Native American blood whatsoever.

I also have a cousin with the whole "red hair, green eyes" Irish look.