Author Topic: Joe Biden Won't Run  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Joe Biden Won't Run
« on: October 21, 2015, 07:45:19 pm »
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/biden-im-not-running-for-president-in-2016-162514730.html

Maybe a cancer research foundation is in the cards for him.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: Joe Biden Won't Run
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 08:17:55 pm »
The democratic establishment must be pulling their hair in frustration. Without Biden, Sanders is gonna continue to rise.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 10:44:51 pm »
It's open to debate, but it's too early in the polls to know whose support Biden truly saps. My belief is that he takes votes away from Hillary. One Bernie supporter I know IRL agrees, writing on Facebook that he "wonder(s) how much Hillary paid Biden to not run. #FeelTheBern."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:47:03 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 10:52:11 pm »
I'm not denying that. As I see it, it's more like this; Hillary just isn't popular with liberals. I know a good number of left wing voters who just won't vote for her. Now Biden, he's further to the left, but he's not a threat to the monied elite like Bernie is. So, I think the political establishment was trying to push him as the "official leftist opposition" to Hillary.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 09:57:14 am »
He would take votes from Clinton, no doubt.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 10:42:42 am »
I could never see him getting elected, anyway. He's a decent enough pol, and not a bad person, but you can imagine the late night talk show jokes such as Presidential Shoulder Massages, or What a hands-on president, you betcha Joe! That, and some of his spontaneous comments over the years that nearly rival Bush Jr's for "huhs?" and face palms.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 11:33:25 am »
Whomever Biden does endorse is pretty much gonna get the nom.  I just hope he's smart enough to realize Hillary is not the Chosen One.

Ironbite-and that Bernie Sanders has the high ground.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 03:00:35 pm »
I don't care either way, I'm just sick of hearing the going back and forth from "sources" that was part of the news cycle every fucking week.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 12:34:18 am »
What's with USA and pestering people to become presidential candidates? Didn't Christie go through the same thing last time? He was literally screaming "no I won't become a candidate" and the news reporters immediately followed it with "looks like he's leaving a window for himself to still start running for president."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 12:45:38 am »
What's with USA and pestering people to become presidential candidates? Didn't Christie go through the same thing last time? He was literally screaming "no I won't become a candidate" and the news reporters immediately followed it with "looks like he's leaving a window for himself to still start running for president."

To be fair, I see this as the Democratic establishment throwing a shit fit over the current democratic field, I've seen names like Gov. Jerry Brown's name being floated around every so often. 

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 06:13:13 am »

It's a thing where the "grass is always greener." One of those, I like who we have, but this person that we do not have is better because forbidden fruit. There's also the notion that people want to vet a wide pool to get the best candidate they can. But, it happened in 2008 with Al Gore, and the democrats had a rock star line-up of people running: Hillary, Obama, Edwards, Biden, Richardson, and Dodd (to name a few).
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 10:11:31 pm »
Good! Biden offers the party nothing, neither electorally or in policy terms. Forget him!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR