Author Topic: Mass shooting in a gay club in Florida  (Read 21453 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mass shooting in a gay club in Florida
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2016, 11:19:07 am »
For the record: When I am talking about cosmetic differences I mean things like these:

Muzzle break and flash hider have a purpose which is useful in military operations but unless you are firing a massively powerful cartridge you can do without muzzle break and if you aren't hiding in a bush and desiring to shoot at people without them seeing your position after the first shot you don't really "need" a flash hider. Things like changing the pistol grip and such affect the ergonomics but that gun is nothing but a massive "fuck you" to the laws that were supposed to end the sales of semi-auto assault rifles in California.

And the real problem is that as long as "shall not be infringed" thingy exists and you can't make a law that says "to become a gun owner you must pass these requirements [which may include things like a safety course and possibly a test of mental health]" all that you can make is bans of specific types of weapons. (And even then you get people crying about the "shall not be infringed.")

...And in "funny" turn of events, I have not seen anyone "liberals," "leftists" or whatever defend the attacker but the right-wing, religious & pro-gun mobs are undecided between supporting the massacre because it killed LGBT people and condemning the massacre to use it to blame all Muslims.

Actually the /pol/ mob and pro-gun folks in particular are fighting over issues like this because some of them would like to ban Muslims and LGBT from owning weapons and this triggers (no pun intended) the pro-gun folks who stick to the idea that everyone should be allowed to have guns. ("Shall not be infringed" and all that.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2016, 02:14:30 pm »
The flash hider thingy is supposed to preserve night vision actually, it doesn't conceal your flash.

Honestly it's unimportant unless you plan of fighting insurgents or just want it to look cool.

Either I've been misinformed or it has several purposes. Anyway, it's not really important for the function of the gun. Muzzle brake has more effect but that's mainly in bigger rifles.

EDIT: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/06/14/marine-vets-quick-actions-saved-dozens-lives-during-orlando-nightclub-shooting/85860320/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:20:23 pm by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2016, 05:58:34 pm »
no, I won't stop calling them gerns. They're fucking penis extenders, they serve no purpose in a civilized society, and we can't even get sensible gern policy (a Floor), let alone more specific gern regulation (a ceiling that should be pursued with data and empirical evidence). I'll continue calling them gerns because I don't respect them, nor do I respect the people and the organizations (and by proxy the people that support said organizations) that fight tooth and nail to prevent us from attaining sensible gern policy or even information and data about gern violence. People are dying every fucking day, mass shooting are happening every fucking day, and so many people are content to do fuck all about gerns. Because clearly, gerns are more important than human lives.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2016, 06:03:47 pm »
Because clearly, gerns are more important than human lives.

Emphasized for emphasis.

I hate the people who call themselves pro-life and just cluck when 49 people are slaughtered in a horrific act of domestic terrorism. I hate the people who call themselves pro-life and block all attempts to extend basic medical care to their citizens. I hate the people who call themselves pro-life and deny any real opportunity of a life to children by poisoning their water with lead, or by keeping them from having what might even generously be called a good education. I hate those fucking hypocrites for whom life begins at conception and ends at birth.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2016, 06:08:08 pm »
They're pro-life as long as that life is sinless. Once the child is born, it is stained with sin. Thus it is on Its own.

That's the base of the Republican logic here. Fundamentally they despise actual life and "the world", and have based their foreign policy around Israel and making Jesus come back.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2016, 09:39:26 pm »
June 15 Senate filibuster drinking game: drink every time someone says "terrorist watch list."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2016, 07:26:48 pm »
Topical.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2016, 09:16:55 pm »
Who knows what's in that French crap?  At least you know what's in a gun: screamin hot lead.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2016, 09:31:12 pm »
Who knows what's in that French crap?  At least you know what's in a gun: screamin hot lead.

But, if we outlaw crazy french cheese, then only outlaws will have crazy french cheese. Criminals don't obey the law and all. And without crazy french cheese, then how will good, law-abiding citizens defend themselves against outlaws with crazy french cheese.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »
Your money, or I open the the Brie de Meaux!!!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2016, 11:04:58 pm »
As usual these days, claims of the massacre being fake or at least false-flag are being raised on the net:

http://nodisinfo.com/terrorist-attack-florida-homosexual-nightclub-total-fake-complete-fabrication/

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/06/paul-craig-roberts/im-skeptical-orlando/

I could go on for ages on how clearly wrong these conspiracy theorists are and how easy their ridiculous claims are to disprove. Instead I shall merely highlight the first set of "evidence" from the nodisinfo article:

In the above photo the two men appear to be holding up a poorly dressed dummy. There are pants, there, but no legs!

That does appear to be a pair of pants with no human inside.

It’s merely a staged hoax. There is nothing to see, here.

...That is a photo of two people holding up someone's pants and the conspiracy theorists who claim to see through the lies and deception (of... Well, whoever it is they claim to be behind the latest conspiracy) look at the pants and claim that it must be a dummy made to look like a human?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2016, 11:41:03 pm »
So, if the picture is supposed to be a staged picture of people holding up a dummy, why didn't they just use another actor who was pretending to be dead?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2016, 12:10:06 am »
So, if the picture is supposed to be a staged picture of people holding up a dummy, why didn't they just use another actor who was pretending to be dead?

Most of the more outlandish conspiracy theories involve a particular kind of doublethink.  They assume that the conspirators are brilliant, ruthless, and coordinated enough to secretly manipulate numerous factors towards a singular end, while coercing countless individuals into going along with the sham and keeping it a secret.  And yet at the same time, they're stupid enough to overlook details that an untrained, uneducated individual would be able to pick out of public broadcasts.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2016, 01:51:39 am »

Most of the more outlandish conspiracy theories involve a particular kind of doublethink.  They assume that the conspirators are brilliant, ruthless, and coordinated enough to secretly manipulate numerous factors towards a singular end, while coercing countless individuals into going along with the sham and keeping it a secret.  And yet at the same time, they're stupid enough to overlook details that an untrained, uneducated individual would be able to pick out of public broadcasts.

I don't say this very often, nor do I post this to be snippy, but I'll give credit where credit is due: good post, Paragon.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2016, 02:14:17 am »
Yeah conspiracy theorists are prob more likely to cry "false flag" when they've got "skin in the game".

So to speak.