Author Topic: AIG -- censoring facebook comments and helping to perpetuate lies by doing so  (Read 3521 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Well, it's a good thing I took screenshots of many of my comments on the AIG facebook page, because they are gone now, as is my ability to reply.

This thread is set up to keep track of some of their censorship, and to show that those people in reality, do not give a damn about either truth, or "academic freedom".

From "Is It Child Abuse to Teach Christianity to Your Children?  Dawkins Thinks So. on May 3, 2013 it seems:

Original picture with my comment:

Newer pic of the site with my comment gone:

From "Richard Dawkins Continues his Vehement Attacks On Christians", May 3, 2013 facebook page article:
Original picture with my comment:

Newer pic of the site with my comment gone:

Again, from the link above:

New pic of the site with my comment gone:

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
There is only one thing to be said about AIG, and that is:

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Really, you should feel exceedingly proud, flattered by the backhand of the fb editing. Nice to know they felt threatened by your commentary, now isn't it? They are cultish, if not yet cultists, so there is no chance of winning over the pod people there. Can't argue with mad men.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
I still have trouble understanding how these people can recognize that you make good points, realize those points threaten their belief system, and then basically stick their fingers in their ears and scream "LALALALALA!" How can someone actively do that and at the same time not realize that their faith is shaky at best? I understand that some people's beliefs may be completely ingrained and that they couldn't imagine life without them, but it still takes serious mental gymnastics to do what these folks have done.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Reality Warper

• Bishop
AIG?  You mean the insurance company?

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
AIG is one of the Internet's biggest fapfests.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
You know what's so irritating? 

My exchanges with this one guy named Eric were not screenshot-saved.  I was figuring that by that point, AIG would not do what it did.  So he's left replying to me while none of my comments are there anymore!

You can see just how ignorant this Erik guy is, yet all my responses to him are gone now and I can't reply:

Actually The bible said Darkness is the absence of light years before any scientist could say the same and it's all found in the first book of the bible in chapter 1. Science existed in the bible, so is darkness the absence of light? Yes, so it is tested. There are hundreds of broken Egyptian carriage wheel spokes at the bottom of the Red Sea, testable that the story of Exodus is true. These are a couple of many tenets that can actually be tested. However, you are going off topic.
Of course, that "wheels" in the red sea story is a complete hoax a la Ron Wyatt, but over there, ignorance rules.

They should at least take his responses to me off, but nope.  His replies remain.  Even when reading them leaves one wondering what the talk is about.

Oh well.  If you go up and down that thread a bit, I'm sure you'll find some fstdt-worthy quotes from him so it won't be a complete loss.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
AIG?  You mean the insurance company?
Don't worry, that's what I assumed too.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Dude seriously?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Don't worry, Magus, I never throw my Prinnies. They're MUCH too useful, especially in Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days and Disgaea 4.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Sadly, I've only ever experienced Disgaea vicariously.  Never myself.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Shit, I'll buy you a copy, Magus.  The game is silly over the top fun.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."