Author Topic: Whistleblower punished in Steubenville Rape Case  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Whistleblower punished in Steubenville Rape Case
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 09:50:57 am »
Anonymous should just be defined as a grassroots socio-political movement. Since some anon cyber-knights-in-shining-armor have hacked into the sites of the rich and powerful, any government agency would go after any individual for the sake of intimidating and discrediting the movement as a whole.

Anons are the new dirty commie radical hippie scum a la the 1960's. A lot of higher-ups and rich folks back then were terrified of the anti war movement and civil rights, feminist, etc. activists - who were typically college student "hippies". Thought the whole thing was a plot by the Soviets to subvert America through brain washing the youth into disrupting the country. Some more radical hippies did some overly militant, violent shit, like SDS and Weather Underground, but on the whole, thank gawd for the hippies and other "radicals" back then for making the world freer and more just. We should be proud of what most of anons have/are doing to expose shit, lies, fraud and oppression today.

HIPPIES RULE! Let's bring the whole "Flower-Power" thing back! Let's resurrect what was lost at Altamont! THE DREAM WILL NEVER DIE!

Plus, the '60's had some awesome music!

I classify Hippies in two varieties, the American kind, which I dubbed Yankee-Hippie or Yank-Hippie & The British-Hippie or Brit-Hippie.

Yank-Hippies are the hairy Woodstock/Merry Prankster/earthy/Jesus-looking ones. The Brit-Hippies are the more stylish, foppish, better-groomed, Mod-like ones.

It's not cut-and-dried, they do overlap. Plenty in Britain were wild and hairy & plenty of in the states were stylish mop-tops. I personally prefer the beauty & romanticism of the Brit-Hippies but Brit-Hippies seemed sort aloof to politics & political protest. I would love a guy with British style but with an earthy, non-materialist DIY mindset of the Yankee-Jesus guy, who buys or sews his own psychedelic foppery from thrift store stuff.

However, Flowerpower it's not about fashion statements, it's about social change & human Progress....true human Progress. Progressive values. Enlightenment, World Peace, Equality, Harmony, Being a sweet, gentle, playful Bonobo Human rather than a raging, aggressive, brutish Chimp Human, developing the good side of human nature.

I also think we shouldn't make the same mistakes as the Boomer-Hippies. Don't get over-Idealistic, don't widen the Generation Gap, don't alienate the "straights" or "boring average conventional people" & recognize that not all authority figures/police/clergy/etc. are pure evil. Some are good people who do want to do good things, they may be diamonds in the rough but they're there. With conventional folks as allies or somewhat sympathetic, you can have more influence & change the world. Perhaps we can give the non-corrupt cops, liberal/moderate clergy, somewhat more ethical politicians the drive & morale to stand up to the corrupt ones!

I confess, in fits of anger & rage, I have spewed some pretty awful stuff. I take it all back, though I won't take back my displeasure at nasty actions of folks. I want to be Pure Compassion.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:44:25 pm by SpukiKitty »

Distind

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 04:07:44 pm »
Yeah, when dealing with people who think anon is an organization rather than a running name it's best to keep any associations to anon as quiet as humanly possible. Why? Simple, we're dealing with generations of law enforcement that is trained to deal with real organizations that cause serious problems, and if they think anon is one they'll see if they can't hit you with any of the anti-organized crime(and much of what anon has done where crimes) statutes.

If you're going to do something that a decent human being thinks needs to be done, do it openly and don't hide behind a group known for questionable activities, their activities could bite you in the ass.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 05:02:43 pm »
Yeah, when dealing with people who think anon is an organization rather than a running name it's best to keep any associations to anon as quiet as humanly possible. Why? Simple, we're dealing with generations of law enforcement that is trained to deal with real organizations that cause serious problems, and if they think anon is one they'll see if they can't hit you with any of the anti-organized crime(and much of what anon has done where crimes) statutes.

If you're going to do something that a decent human being thinks needs to be done, do it openly and don't hide behind a group known for questionable activities, their activities could bite you in the ass.

I think the need to be "part of Anonymous" is also an ego thing. They not only want to do something, but they want to feel like they belong to an important organization. It's almost like they view themselves as the cool underground hackers in dystopian fiction, fighting The Man with spunk and slang.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 06:23:23 pm »
Yank-Hippies are the hairy Woodstock/Merry Prankster/earthy/Jesus-looking ones. The Brit-Hippies are the more stylish, foppish, better-groomed, Mod-like ones.

Uh huh?

I see your "stylish, foppish, better groomed" British hippies and raise you Neil from The Young Ones!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 07:43:30 pm »

I'd rather the FBI quit being stupid. 5 minutes of research will tell you that Anonymous is more of an idea than a real organization. It's like raiding a mosque because "Islam" has, in some circles, gotten a reputation for crimes.

They could also have applied their investigative powers to, you know, the actual rape case, instead. Perpetuating their dumb personality conflict with Anonymous just gives them fuel to make the government look bad, wastes resources, & contributes to this troll boogeyman that equates actual crimes with people who are just kind of annoying.

Don't get me wrong, no one says that you should be able to hack the FBI with impunity, but they are no closer to finding the hackers who pissed them off in the first place. Anyone they find is either an attention-seeking idiot or has done nothing wrong. I don't know what they're supposed to do when an important case runs cold, but it sure as Hell isn't this.

Distind

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 08:10:45 pm »
Oh it'd be nice, but given the sheer number of acutal (though minor) organizations that operate under the label anon the FBI doesn't have a lot of choice but to ream anyone they catch with it. They're trying to catch the people who use the label effective, they only ever manage to hit the idiots you mention.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »
It's like raiding a mosque because "Islam" has, in some circles, gotten a reputation for crimes.

It's not even that decent, since Islam at least has a religion tying things together. That's how so many people are able to justify bigoted violence and wars against Islam.

Anonymous is more like the hippie movement of the 60s, or the anti-war protesters during the Bush administration. Imagine the government raiding homes and businesses to arrest anyone who they think is against the war because one of the protesters on the other side of the country burned down a government building. That's about how much sense it makes.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »

Uh huh?

I see your "stylish, foppish, better groomed" British hippies and raise you Neil from The Young Ones!

Well I SAID there were exceptions & that they overlapped.

Maybe I should use the terms "Earth-Hippie" & "Mod-Hippie" or something. I'll think of something.

The point concerning Flowerkin is this, I see two expressions as far as style or approach:

The Foppy Mod Type:

(I just HAD to post Syd, again ::) )

The More Shaggy Hippy-Dippy Type:

See the difference?

I don't know if the fops can be regarded as hippies.

I got a better idea. The proper term is FLOWERCHILD, FLOWERKID or THE FLOWER KIN. I'll call them "Hippies" & "Foppies". The top Pink Floyd pic are Foppies. The lower are Hippies. Neat, huh?

I always have a weird tendency to conjure up new terms, expanded definitions, labels and classifications to describe stuff better. Yes, I'm a weirdo. Yes, I don't care! ;D 8)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 10:24:42 pm »

Uh huh?

That's less of a hippie and more of a viking metal band's lead singer out of costume.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 10:33:59 pm »
Even if he did do something wrong, there's something seriously messed up when the rapists get a slap on the wrist, but they throw/or intend on throwing  the book at this guy.

This is EXACTLY what's wrong with this situation.  Even if he does do time for doing something wrong, the fact that the rapists still get off almost scotch free is what's so infuriating.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 07:26:17 am »
Even if he did do something wrong, there's something seriously messed up when the rapists get a slap on the wrist, but they throw/or intend on throwing  the book at this guy.

This is EXACTLY what's wrong with this situation.  Even if he does do time for doing something wrong, the fact that the rapists still get off almost scotch free is what's so infuriating.

The major reason the rapists got such a light sentence is that they are under 18. At most, they can be held until they are 21.

Yes, it sucks that the whistle blower is facing more time than the rapists. But it isn't because "they were just good kids, who made a small mistake" and the whistle blower is "a big meanie." The whistle blower, because of his age, is facing the full effects of the law. The rapists, because of their ages, are being treated as the juveniles that they are.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg