Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 749745 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2580 on: September 28, 2015, 05:18:25 pm »
So I found out that I apparently have the following in my search history:

Quote from: Google
"fuck yourself with a chainsaw"
"fuck yourself with a chainsword"
"fuck yourself with a spiked mace"
"fuck yourself with a spiked club"

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2581 on: September 28, 2015, 05:28:24 pm »
Would you happen to have a cat with some kind of kinky fetish?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2582 on: September 29, 2015, 01:07:56 am »
Would you happen to have a cat with some kind of kinky fetish?
Genital mutilation is a little bit more extreme than "kinky"

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2583 on: September 29, 2015, 08:03:54 am »
So, after watching a bunch of trailers to Roland Emmerich's Stonewall, I can at least take solace that in this white-washed and trans-erased version of "where pride began," he at least he portrayed the NYPD accurately; as authoritarians eager to brutalize the next minority that looks at them wrong.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2584 on: September 29, 2015, 08:12:41 am »
...one of these days I wish Hollywood would at least try making a movie based on historical incident without whitewashing or otherwise changing facts that they consider"bad for marketing."

They might be surprised, perhaps people who want to see a historical film like it when it actually is a historical film!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2585 on: September 29, 2015, 05:11:08 pm »
Considering how badly Stonewall tanked, gonna be a bit before Hollywood tries something like this.

Ironbite-maybe...2 years?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2586 on: September 30, 2015, 01:00:23 pm »
So, after watching a bunch of trailers to Roland Emmerich's Stonewall, I can at least take solace that in this white-washed and trans-erased version of "where pride began," he at least he portrayed the NYPD accurately; as authoritarians eager to brutalize the next minority that looks at them wrong.

Actually, there's no hard evidence to support the narrative of a Transgender Stonewall.  That doesn't necessarily mean it's not true (absence of evidence =/= evidence of absence), but we shouldn't take it for granted that it is true.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2587 on: September 30, 2015, 05:03:07 pm »
No....hard......fuck this shit.

Ironbite-*novas*

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2588 on: September 30, 2015, 05:05:21 pm »

Actually, there's no hard evidence to support the narrative of a Transgender Stonewall.  That doesn't necessarily mean it's not true (absence of evidence =/= evidence of absence), but we shouldn't take it for granted that it is true.

Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2589 on: September 30, 2015, 05:11:09 pm »
You had to say it, UP. May God have mercy on your soul.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #2590 on: September 30, 2015, 05:26:37 pm »

What.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #2591 on: September 30, 2015, 05:45:37 pm »

What.

seconded. i have no idea what's going on. also, the wikipedia page for the movie tears it a new asshole. makes for a nice read.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2592 on: September 30, 2015, 06:04:09 pm »
I don't think he's trying to say that there were *no* trans people at Stonewall, more that they weren't in the majority. Granted, the term "transgender Stonewall" is pretty ambiguous, but I think it would be absolutely insane to say that no trans person was there at all.

Granted, I still don't get why it's such a big deal to argue about whether or not trans or gay people were more of the 'force' behind Stonewall. Both were present there, and both were harmed in the raid. Saying 'we were hurt more than you' or 'we did more at the riots than you' is just denigrating to both groups and what they went through.

Note: I'm talking more about people who argue over the events themselves, as opposed to the movie. I've had it heard from both gay and trans individuals that Stonewall needs to be 'claimed' by one or the other, and really, it's...tiring. I'd just like it to be seen for what it was - a horrible event which brought about a movement which is slowly, but surely, making things better for groups who were once outcast and oppressed. You don't have to erase what other people did for it to be important to you and yours.

Forgive me for the rant. This is just a thing that I've been hearing a lot about since the movie became a thing, and it's gotten mildly frustrating.

I'd like to clarify what I mean: of course trans* people and PoC were involved in the Stonewall Riots.  However, we don't know how big of a role they played.  Eyewitness accounts are contradictory, and we have little footage of the event.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2593 on: September 30, 2015, 07:49:17 pm »
Don'....fuck it I'm still out.

Ironbite-*supernovas*

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2594 on: September 30, 2015, 07:57:40 pm »
I don't think he's trying to say that there were *no* trans people at Stonewall, more that they weren't in the majority. Granted, the term "transgender Stonewall" is pretty ambiguous, but I think it would be absolutely insane to say that no trans person was there at all.

Granted, I still don't get why it's such a big deal to argue about whether or not trans or gay people were more of the 'force' behind Stonewall. Both were present there, and both were harmed in the raid. Saying 'we were hurt more than you' or 'we did more at the riots than you' is just denigrating to both groups and what they went through.

Note: I'm talking more about people who argue over the events themselves, as opposed to the movie. I've had it heard from both gay and trans individuals that Stonewall needs to be 'claimed' by one or the other, and really, it's...tiring. I'd just like it to be seen for what it was - a horrible event which brought about a movement which is slowly, but surely, making things better for groups who were once outcast and oppressed. You don't have to erase what other people did for it to be important to you and yours.

Forgive me for the rant. This is just a thing that I've been hearing a lot about since the movie became a thing, and it's gotten mildly frustrating.

I'd like to clarify what I mean: of course trans* people and PoC were involved in the Stonewall Riots.  However, we don't know how big of a role they played.  Eyewitness accounts are contradictory, and we have little footage of the event.

Selective amnesia. History is pretty clear that it was transwomen and drag queens being arrested, and that it was a transwoman of color that threw the first brick. In fact, white, gay men largely got to go home untouched.

What has happened since is a collaborative effort by mainstream LGb groups to erase the trans-contribution to Stonewall. During the 70's, 80's, 90's, and early 2000's, gay groups sought to gain civil rights for gays and lesbians, often by using transsexuals as a bargaining chip. They could compromise and exclude us, so as to get their civil rights. Or worse, they could demonize us to make themselves appear more "normal." In fact, one of the biggest legal scholars in gay law, Dale Carpenter, often operated in this manner--in particular in his amicus for Lawrence.

And yes, Stonewall wasn't a "trans-event" -- transgender people make up a very tiny part of the population, more so then when being out was a  likely death sentence. But, fact is, white, gay men were not the victims of the police raid: the police largely sought to arrest people caught in the act of gay-sex (rare) or in "drag" as this evidence sufficed for homosexual conduct back then. Gay men had no skin in the game other then a bar they visited--transsexuals, cross-dressers, and drag queens were the ones being arrested and beaten at the police station. There is a reason that some of the biggest names to come out of Stonewall are Sylvia Rivera, Marsha Johnson, and Miss Major Griffin-Gracy, or even Stormé DeLarverie and Jean O'Leary and not, Danny Winters.

You can only push someone so much before they fight back. Historically, it is those with the most to gain and the least to lose who fight back first (lesbians and transgender people of color) and not those with the most to lose and least to gain (white, gay, fit men as seen in Stonewall). As a transwoman, I feel that excluding Sylvia Rivera and reducing Marsha Johnson's role in the event is like trying to portray a historical film about the underground railroad while excluding Harriett Tubman, or worse, making her a white man named Danny Winters.

EDIT: I originally brainfarted and wrote Rita Brown as coming from Stonewall when in fact I intended O'Leary (a transphobic lesbian, but a lesbian nontheless).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:08:48 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?