Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 748879 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2730 on: February 28, 2016, 10:42:21 am »
"Gotta spend money to make money" -Niam.

Step 1: Put LSD in the water.

Step 2: ?

Step 3: Profit!

Step 2: Sell them sugar packets for $25 a packet by telling buyers that the sugar packets are "magical fairy dust."

Note, this is fraud in the United States. So, be sure to tell them that your name is Dave Dan.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2731 on: February 28, 2016, 12:48:09 pm »
Or you can go the CIA route and just kidnap random sods at a brothel and inject them with the shit. (Seriously this happened  look it up, this was a thing they did for MK Ultra)

Even Then

« Reply #2732 on: February 29, 2016, 05:31:39 pm »
What the cockshit even is "identity feminism" anyway? Is it women actually discussing the female identity and its relation to society, which is bad somehow? It might as well be that because 1) UP 2) Google isn't giving me anything on the term.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2733 on: February 29, 2016, 05:41:00 pm »
What the cockshit even is "identity feminism" anyway? Is it women actually discussing the female identity and its relation to society, which is bad somehow? It might as well be that because 1) UP 2) Google isn't giving me anything on the term.

It's identity politics as applied to feminism.  To elaborate, feminism mixed with the idea that your identity is the most important thing about you.

Even Then

« Reply #2734 on: February 29, 2016, 05:51:03 pm »
So basically:

"You're discussing your identity and its social ramifications too often and too loudly for my tastes, which means you're reducing yourself to your identity because I know your mentality better than you do. The concept of people being able to think about things they're not currently talking about confuses me. I haven't developed object permanence yet."

Got it.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2735 on: February 29, 2016, 06:08:28 pm »
That last sentence almost made me spew my enchilada on the screen XD!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2736 on: February 29, 2016, 06:28:12 pm »
So basically:

"You're discussing your identity and its social ramifications too often and too loudly for my tastes, which means you're reducing yourself to your identity because I know your mentality better than you do. The concept of people being able to think about things they're not currently talking about confuses me. I haven't developed object permanence yet."

Got it.

That's not really what I meant.  I'm talking about other things, like the idea that your opinion is worth more if you're part of an "oppressed" or "marginalized" group.  Certainly, their perspectives are valuable, but their opinions shouldn't inherently carry more weight.

Nor should they automatically be taken as right.  For example, the facts about the wage gap are different from what pundits and politicians frequently claim.  Does that mean women never get unfairly shafted when it comes to pay?  No.  But it does mean that things are more complex than they seem, and not as bad as often said.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2737 on: February 29, 2016, 06:38:17 pm »
In a battle of wits, UP is sadly unarmed.

Ironbite-but thinks he's got what it takes to go the distance.

Even Then

« Reply #2738 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:43 pm »
And now, an excerpt from my upcoming screenplay "Identity Labour".

Quote from: I'm writing this at 3 AM, I do not consent to a formal debate, this is me taking the piss and not making a serious argument

SETTING: The parking lot of a McDonalds restaurant. Day is beginning to shift into night. MARK, a FRY COOK, has just been liberated from his shift and heads for a nearby bench to obtain a moment's rest.

Mark, ranting in a highly exasperated fashion: Boy, those managers at McDonalds sure do like to fuck me in the ass! Even when I'm unionized, they find fresh new ways to shit down my back! Fuck them all in Hell!

With a heaving sigh, Mark sits down on the mahogany wood... and as soon as he does, an IDLE BILLIONAIRE teleports onto the selfsame bench.

The Billionaire, oblivious to Mark's shock: Say, my boy, would you like to hear my opinion on your plight?

Mark, slowly processing what is happening: ...not really, no.

The Billionaire, continuing as if he hadn't heard Mark say anything at all: You really ought to be more polite. Sure, the corporate system is grabbing you by the ghoulies and giving them a good old-fashioned twist or thousand, but by Jove, that doesn't justify such profanity!

Mark, surprise having finally given way to annoyance: With all due respect, sir, you could literally buy a small East European nation. I don't think I need to justify being pissed off to you.

The Billionaire, shocked and appalled: My word! Just because I have never in my life experienced the same disenfranchisement that you have and most likely never shall, thus making me detached from the issue nigh-completely, it doesn't mean my input isn't valuable! All opinions matter, don't you know? Now go apologize to that nice chap who runs the eatery, there's a good boy.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2739 on: March 31, 2016, 04:37:56 pm »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2740 on: March 31, 2016, 06:06:50 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2e2yHjc_mc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2e2yHjc_mc</a>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2741 on: April 03, 2016, 12:47:06 am »
Just stopping by to announce that I'm retiring the Dopefish avatar for now.

Also, RAWR.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2742 on: April 05, 2016, 04:51:45 am »
Giving relationship advice to other people feels weird. Perhaps because I don't give it to people unless they specifically ask for my opinion (and I don't get why anyone would start giving such advice unasked, but people are weird) and so far it has only happened once.

There was this young woman who wanted to know a guy's opinion how to explain a guy that although she likes him as a friend she does not want a relationship with him. There were originally three guys giving advice with all of us agreeing on that she would have to make things EXTREMELY clear. I specifically explained why her previous message had been too "subtle" and that even though she doesn't want to hurt him trying to soften the message may lead to misunderstandings. Things were complicated by the fact that she didn't mind having him as a friend or a fuckbuddy, which is not wrong of course but, can lead to misconceptions of him thinking he has a chance at something more. Still, we told her to explain things but make it clear that there is 0% chance of a romantic relationship.

Then a fourth guy showed up with a "I see no problem here, fuck him and if he thinks you two are something more than friends then it's his own damn problem, you don't have to tell him the truth." ...Needless to say that opinion did not get any support from anyone in the room. (Although one of us only protested because in his opinion the social circles the two are in are too small to pull it off so she would get caught sooner or later. But then again, he's an asshole too.)

Anyway, giving relationship to a people who are SO MUCH younger than me certainly makes me feel old...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2743 on: April 24, 2016, 02:19:25 pm »
You know what I wouldn't mind seeing?  A serious spy thriller starring a little person.  Might help break some barriers.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2744 on: April 24, 2016, 02:46:17 pm »
Can someone name me a Let's play or two worth watching? I just binged through most of the Ratchet and Clank games and need something to do when I'm wasting my time.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!