Author Topic: Lobbyist Poses as Anti-Union Mechanic  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Lobbyist Poses as Anti-Union Mechanic
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:14:22 pm »
http://www.truth-out.org/lobbyist-poses-mechanic-anti-union-super-bowl-ad/1328972334

One of these “mechanics” is sporting a gold watch, manicured hands, and a brand new shirt. That’s because he’s not a mechanic, or even an actor.

He’s Washington lobbyist Rick Berman.

Berman is a gun-for-hire—nicknamed Dr. Evil—who specializes in creating nonprofit front groups to push corporate interests. His clients have included the likes of Phillip Morris, Coca Cola, and Tyson’s Foods. But you wouldn’t know it hearing the names of the organizations he starts. The Employment Policies Institute? They fight minimum wage increases. The American Beverage Institute? They go after Mothers Against Drunk Driving. And the gem of an organization linked to the Super Bowl ad is the Center for Union Facts.

Not to be confused for the man who worked on Star Trek Richard Berman is truly a sight to behold.

The Center for Union Facts (CUF) argues that unions are corrupt and bad for workers, as shown in the Super Bowl ad.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: Lobbyist Poses as Anti-Union Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:50:44 pm »
And that, everyone, is why you never believe everything you see on TV or read in the paper or the net. People have an agenda. The fact that it was advertising to the Super Bowl should've been suspicious by itself.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!