Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1518332 times)

Offline Potenatae Argyros

• Neonate
  • Sorry to pop in unannounced.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2790 on: July 11, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »
I finally finished Portal 1 & 2. Despite some problems with the retcon between the sequel and the original,  and the appearance of the Personality Cores from both games, it was a pretty good series. (If 2 games count as a series)
I came up with this signature all by myself.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2791 on: July 11, 2013, 07:41:08 pm »
Playing Rainbow six, I got a Marksman bonus with a shotgun and a close-quarters bonus with a sniper rifle. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2792 on: July 11, 2013, 07:42:52 pm »
Uh....

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2793 on: July 11, 2013, 07:43:33 pm »
Playing Rainbow six, I got a Marksman bonus with a shotgun and a close-quarters bonus with a sniper rifle. 

I'm not sure that's how those guns should work.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2794 on: July 11, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »
Broke out my dad's old SNES the other day and started a new game of Final Fantasy II (North American FF IV), which was my very first RPG. The game's older than I am, but damn what a game!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2795 on: July 11, 2013, 08:06:45 pm »
So today I decided to play the first two Eldar Scrolls game since I'm a huge fan of the series and holy fuck is Arena harder than I thought it was (this is mostly due to me not knowing how to control the damn thing.) and I couldn't even get past the first dungeon. I haven't tried Daggerfall but I imagine it's gonna be much of the same. (Also trying to find a copy of The Elder Scrolls Adventures : Redguard impossible can't even find a copy on Amazon. )

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2796 on: July 11, 2013, 11:21:38 pm »
So, with the Green Man Gaming sale on it and the Steam summer sale, I now have the complete Borderlands 2 on PC... for less than $20. I had already bought it on Xbox, but I only have one expansion, so I saved $30 and got the better version of the game. Steam sales are AWESOME.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2797 on: July 11, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »
Broke out my dad's old SNES the other day and started a new game of Final Fantasy II (North American FF IV), which was my very first RPG. The game's older than I am, but damn what a game!

No kidding.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2798 on: July 12, 2013, 01:44:24 am »

No kidding.

(click to show/hide)

Ah yeah, I made the same mistake several times before I figured it out on my first playthrough. Yeah, the story in that game was what really made it for me. The graphics and sound and mechanics are shitty compared to today's standards, but the story was so powerful that pretty early on, I was cheering for or raging at little clusters of pixels on the screen. It's probably safe to say that that game greatly shaped how and why I enjoy video games. After FF IV, my top priority was always a game's story.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2799 on: July 12, 2013, 02:25:38 am »

No kidding.

(click to show/hide)

Ah yeah, I made the same mistake several times before I figured it out on my first playthrough. Yeah, the story in that game was what really made it for me. The graphics and sound and mechanics are shitty compared to today's standards, but the story was so powerful that pretty early on, I was cheering for or raging at little clusters of pixels on the screen. It's probably safe to say that that game greatly shaped how and why I enjoy video games. After FF IV, my top priority was always a game's story.

I like how you've mentioned that the graphics sucks by today's standards because I once upon a time really hated the graphics of that game, how it was often inconsistent in quality. I regret playing the Game Boy Advance remake first because it wasn't so great a port in comparison. At least my first experience with another classic Super Nintendo (or "Super Famicom," as it originally wasn't released in North America) RPG, Tales of Phantasia, wasn't with the Game Boy Advance "remake."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2800 on: July 12, 2013, 03:13:58 am »
So today I decided to play the first two Eldar Scrolls game since I'm a huge fan of the series and holy fuck is Arena harder than I thought it was (this is mostly due to me not knowing how to control the damn thing.) and I couldn't even get past the first dungeon. I haven't tried Daggerfall but I imagine it's gonna be much of the same. (Also trying to find a copy of The Elder Scrolls Adventures : Redguard impossible can't even find a copy on Amazon. )

Yeah if you're having trouble with Arena you won't have any better luck with Daggerfall. This post reminded me I still need to get Oblivion. I kinda wish that game had the same map system as Daggerfall, being able to go anywhere as long as you know the name of where you want to go

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2801 on: July 12, 2013, 03:43:21 am »

Yeah if you're having trouble with Arena you won't have any better luck with Daggerfall. This post reminded me I still need to get Oblivion. I kinda wish that game had the same map system as Daggerfall, being able to go anywhere as long as you know the name of where you want to go

Well, Daggerfall NEEDED that kind of fast travel. Otherwise you'd never leave the starting area.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2802 on: July 12, 2013, 04:25:44 am »

I'm not sure that's how those guns should work.

Well, in my defense, the shotgun has a laser site attached, and I think I got REALLY lucky with that head-shot.  With the sniper rifle, I was sniping targets from behind cover when some mook snuck past my teammates and got right in my face.  I spun out of cover looking through the sites and saw someone's groin.  On reflex, I pulled the trigger.  Next thing I know, I got the award.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2803 on: July 12, 2013, 06:31:45 am »

Actually Daggerfall is way easier than Arena I think it stems from the fact that Arena has controls that are weird to me since I grew up in the era when WASD where the movement keys and not the arrow keys . Combine this with the fact that you cannot edit the controls for Arena unlike Daggerfall and you see the root of my problem.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2804 on: July 12, 2013, 09:26:00 am »
You young'uns talking about your first games bein on the SNES.  Mine was on the NES!  Ultima IV, which is -still- one of my favourite games of all time, if not my all-time favourite; NES or PC.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.