Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517456 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3105 on: August 13, 2013, 09:38:10 pm »
Prequels among prequels among prequels.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3106 on: August 14, 2013, 08:21:29 am »
i love the blood pack for shogun 2

Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3107 on: August 14, 2013, 09:55:55 am »
I did Grissom Academy's mission in full Cerberus armor. The punch from Jack was totally warranted.

Also I'm still waiting for the new DLC for Bioshock Infinite. I think I'm gonna work on Saints Row the Third tho before I get the fourth game.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #3108 on: August 14, 2013, 02:56:50 pm »
I did Grissom Academy's mission in full Cerberus armor. The punch from Jack was totally warranted.

I never thought to try that. Does she actually punch you?  (And is that different from playing the mission without Cerberus armour? It's been a while since I played and I can't remember.)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3109 on: August 14, 2013, 03:59:05 pm »
She punches you regardless but I feel like it was more powerful cause of the Cerberus armor. lol And she got super nasty with me because I was choosing renegade options when I normally go paragon with Jack.

Interestingly, no matter the options you choose with David, Shepard's tone (at least femshep's) doesn't get as nasty as when you choose renegade options with Jack. With David, Jhale was very soft-spoken and kind no matter the option (and I chose the renegade. The paragon was even more sugary sweet). I can kinda understand it, though. Hard to be nasty to an autistic guy you rescued from his abusive brother.

But yeah this is my Pro-Cerberus run. My canon run of Shepard has her being a survivor of Akuze--which Cerberus was behind-- so she wouldn't logically support Cerberus unless really twisted in the head. In this playthrough my Shepard is ruthless so has a bit of an anti-alien streak as it is.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3110 on: August 14, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »
ME 3 Arena:  I slaughtered everything in my path, even against super-elites.  Then I tried Mirror Match and got slaughtered.  Every.  Single.  time.  The last time, on Pain Train, we backed ourselves into the back of the train and picked off SimSheps as they entered.  It worked great, and we got to the third group.  Then the very last SS spawned right behind me and a blade-thought-the-back later, it was over.

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3111 on: August 14, 2013, 11:09:44 pm »
Just got on to the Minecraft server on which I play, with Tinker's Construct newly-enabled, and within 20 minutes, I've used it to hoodwink GregTech's stupid-ass requirements for making steel.  That is to say that GT requires a multiblock machine that takes tier 2 IC2 power to make the shit, plus the power to pulverize the coal and smelt the iron into refined iron.  The Tinker's Construct does cost twice as much in the way of coal, but it produces steel on the cheap, and is very easy to automate and work with.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3112 on: August 15, 2013, 06:00:33 pm »
I'm really excited for Saints Row 4.

Anyone else getting it on 360?

&

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3113 on: August 15, 2013, 06:13:52 pm »
I'm making a general switch to the PS3. I used to love the 360 so much that I very rarely bought any PS3 games unless they were exclusives or I could get them for free, but when I switched to wi-fi I discovered that my old 360 has no wireless adapter. And I can't find one of the $60 adapters in any stores around here. So I decided to switch to the PS3, and discovered that I like everything except the controller feel way better. It helps that they're currently the only games where I have access to the online multiplayer or DLC.

I wouldn't really say that I'm "excited" for Saints Row 4, but I have high hopes for it. The alien invasion plot is a pretty ridiculous switch from its roots, but it feels like it'll give the game some better grounding and coherence that the third was desperately in need of.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3114 on: August 15, 2013, 06:20:54 pm »
LOL I don't use the wireless adapter I use my laptop to connect. And it does just peachy keen too. I'm able to play multiplayer with no lag.

The wireless in the PS3 is weak as shit though. It doesn't want to connect to my network no matter how many times I try or do general troubleshooting with. And I'm not even that far from my router. So, instead I do a good portion of my gaming on the 360. I connect my PS3 to my laptop too when I want to download DLC for the handful of games I've purchased since last Christmas.

&

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3115 on: August 15, 2013, 06:33:51 pm »
Don't have a laptop, but my PS3 actually seems to connect better than my own computer at times.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #3116 on: August 15, 2013, 07:55:33 pm »
You know what's barrels of fun? Elerium shortages. Now I can't replace my hover tank, or get more flying armour, or get a decent level of interceptor coverage.

Also, crysalids can eat a thousand dicks. Seriously, fuck those guys.
Fun very unknown fact, in X-com Enemy Unknown you were originally able to capture Chrysalides alive. They also have an obscure weakness that ties into this, they can be psi-panicked. This is much easier said than done. Their panic animation almost makes it worth it. They will literally cover their head with their mandibles and cower and shake.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3117 on: August 15, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »
I'd be excited for SR4, but I'm too broke to afford it. Plus, I fucked my phone and need a new one.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3118 on: August 15, 2013, 10:27:39 pm »
You know what's barrels of fun? Elerium shortages. Now I can't replace my hover tank, or get more flying armour, or get a decent level of interceptor coverage.

Also, crysalids can eat a thousand dicks. Seriously, fuck those guys.
Fun very unknown fact, in X-com Enemy Unknown you were originally able to capture Chrysalides alive. They also have an obscure weakness that ties into this, they can be psi-panicked. This is much easier said than done. Their panic animation almost makes it worth it. They will literally cover their head with their mandibles and cower and shake.
You can do that in the original game. Just hit them enough with stun bombs or a stun rod or, or failing that, just shoot them and get lucky with knocking them out rather than outright killing them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:22:54 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3119 on: August 16, 2013, 03:17:59 am »
I'm gonn aget Xillia instead of SR4