Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513396 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4545 on: June 21, 2014, 04:31:48 pm »
I'd be happy to give you my 7+ Aesepsis silencers if I could. I always have a shit time getting masks. And when I do get a mask, it's usually one I have and don't like enough to assemble the first one, let alone the third one.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4546 on: June 21, 2014, 08:33:45 pm »
I dunno.  I got a few silencers from the random drops.

Ironbite-Big Bank is big.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4547 on: June 21, 2014, 08:53:31 pm »
Got Payday! Debating getting some DLC, but holy fuck look at all of those, blatant money grab
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4548 on: June 21, 2014, 08:54:10 pm »
Got Payday! Debating getting some DLC, but holy fuck look at all of those, blatant money grab

I got gifted the original Payday.  Any tips, gents?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4549 on: June 21, 2014, 09:10:36 pm »
Oh my god frag grenades are paid DLC.

WHAT THE FUCK?!
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4550 on: June 21, 2014, 10:33:44 pm »
I have Payday 2.....for the PS3.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4551 on: June 22, 2014, 12:49:15 am »
The DLC is worth it when it's on a sale like it is now. It goes on sale every couple months. The sale price of all the DLC except the new Big Bank one is something like 12 USD. For what is an average price of larger dlc in other games, you get about the same content, but spread out over smaller DLCs released about once a month. If you bought it all full price it'd feel like bullshit, definitely, but the sales are frequent enough you don't have to wait long if you wanna get a DLC 2/3 off. Also, a lot of the heists were free DLC. The most recent one being Shadow Raid. I thought the Sniper DLC was way too much money for only three guns, but after getting it on sale, I found them fun enough that it was totally worth $1.60. So satisfying to shoot right through the riot shield guys.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4552 on: June 22, 2014, 05:04:27 am »
I have Payday 2.....for the PS3.

Bummer, 360 here.  I'd be thrilled if people here played the game online as i'm tired of getting kicked 2 seconds after entering a game.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4553 on: June 22, 2014, 06:00:31 pm »
Do you mean getting kicked by the person hosting the game or getting kicked by your connection fucking up?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #4554 on: June 22, 2014, 07:20:23 pm »
by people in the game. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4555 on: June 22, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »
For those that are interested, the Summer Games Done Quick 2014 stream is going on.  The charity this year? Doctors Without Borders.

Have fun, enjoy, maybe toss a little cash their way:

Stream here:  http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

Donate here:  https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/10

Game schedule here:  https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4556 on: June 22, 2014, 07:38:44 pm »
Wow, I've got in to games with some dickish hosts before but not too many. Most of the people I've played with are pretty chill and don't really care even if someone fucks up the stealthing on a pro mission. We might all be disappointed that we were so close to getting the last bit on a run of Framing Frame day 3, but oh well, we can just run it again.

Like I said, my Steam name is the same as my name on here, and I play Payday 2 pretty often.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4557 on: June 22, 2014, 09:53:47 pm »
Sent a friend request madcat,

This game is kinda strange, it has so many FTP game mechanics, the grinding, the repeated scenarios, the excessive stuff you have to pay for...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:36:50 pm by Hofstadter's Tortoise »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #4558 on: June 23, 2014, 05:56:36 am »
Wow, I've got in to games with some dickish hosts before but not too many. Most of the people I've played with are pretty chill and don't really care even if someone fucks up the stealthing on a pro mission. We might all be disappointed that we were so close to getting the last bit on a run of Framing Frame day 3, but oh well, we can just run it again.

Like I said, my Steam name is the same as my name on here, and I play Payday 2 pretty often.

Try Left 4 Dead 2.  If you suck, you get kicked.  If you play well, you get kicked.  If you just entered the room, you get kicked.  Once they voted to kick me while I was in the middle of healing a teammate.  Seeing 3 checkmarks (meaning a unanimous vote), I stopped healing him and backed into the fire (so I'd die and the AI wouldn't control my character).  I got 3 messages slamming me for "my bad attitude."

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4559 on: June 23, 2014, 08:03:04 am »
Does anyone know if there are any mods for Anno 1404 that let you build any and all buildings from the begining in the "continous play" mode, rather than having to meet certain requirments before they're unlocked?  I've searched the web and I can't find shit, can't find any mods for it at all actually.  I just want to plan and build my town as I like without all the fucking around.  I'll do the fucking around in the campagin and scenarios, I don't want to do it in what I thought would be the free build mode.