Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514555 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5055 on: October 18, 2014, 03:05:27 pm »
Wait, this is actually created by Neo Nazis?

EDIT: The devs apparently live in Poland, which would make that awfully sobering if they were. Apparently, they're some devs from the Farm 51 which makes this very interesting.
Admittedly it's supposedly just one or two neo-nazis, but It could have been designed by the Dali Lama and Barac Obama and still suck just as much.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5056 on: October 18, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »
The game creators say the whole thing is a statement against political correctness, never a good sign!

This is the best statement for "political correctness" these wannabe fascists could make. Show just how much empathy and self-awareness they have.

I do bet The Amazing Atheist and various other fighters of those fucking PC faggots will defend it though.

By which you mean, defend it from any journalist or fellow Internet nobody that would dare direct criticism toward it and its concept. And MAYBE, to a considerably lesser extend, from the actual campaigns of censorship that will inevitably come and, for the most part, fail.
That is basically what I meant, the "Fucking PC faggots" part was tongue in cheek.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5057 on: October 18, 2014, 05:47:38 pm »
I dunno, the only thing that bothers me about Hatred is that they stole my damned idea.  I think its a work of art, and I'm actually kinda glad someone's giving the finger, in the biggest way possible, to all the moralistic whinging that goes on re the gaming industry.  Let me put it this way, if someone can stick a plastic crucifix in a jar and fill said jar with their own piss and have it deemed art and defended as such, then this game, which is no different, should be allowed the same privilege.  If you don't like a painting, you just don't look at said painting; if you don't like a game, then how about just not playing the damned game?  Vote with your wallet and all that.  Stop bitching that people are making art you don't like and enjoy whatever art you do like, instead.  You'll be a hell of a lot healthier and live a lot longer.
Are you one of those people who enjoys "A Serbian Film"?

Never seen it, only heard about it because Deimos mentioned it quite a bit a while back.
Judging by your love of "Hatred" you'd enjoy it.

You might also like "Food Fight". 

Its not so much that I love it, just that I'm not going into hysterics over the fact something so blatantly offensive is being made.  Art is art, taste has nothing to do with it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5058 on: October 18, 2014, 09:42:52 pm »
I dunno, the only thing that bothers me about Hatred is that they stole my damned idea.  I think its a work of art, and I'm actually kinda glad someone's giving the finger, in the biggest way possible, to all the moralistic whinging that goes on re the gaming industry.  Let me put it this way, if someone can stick a plastic crucifix in a jar and fill said jar with their own piss and have it deemed art and defended as such, then this game, which is no different, should be allowed the same privilege.  If you don't like a painting, you just don't look at said painting; if you don't like a game, then how about just not playing the damned game?  Vote with your wallet and all that.  Stop bitching that people are making art you don't like and enjoy whatever art you do like, instead.  You'll be a hell of a lot healthier and live a lot longer.

OK, but can I still call it a shit painting?

Way I see it is that Hatred is exactly like pissing in a jar and dropping a crucifix in it, the shock value gets your attention but all you are left with is a smelly jar!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5059 on: October 18, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »
You know what I think would be a neat twist?  If it turned out you play as that monster for the intro and then it abruptly switches to the cop who guns him down and the rest of the game is hunting down copycats and musing on violence and how society reacts to it.  I really don't expect it but I think that would be cool.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5060 on: October 18, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »
All the discussion of Postal has made me think of a neat idea: Why the hell not take all the ridiculous old tropes of FPS up to eleven and homage what it used to be while combining it with a smooth coat of mechanics polish.

• Rocket Jumping with almost every weapon, with your recoil or sheer explosive power propelling you through the air. How does this happen? Quit questioning and fly through the air like a bird on fire.
  • You run like a doping Olympic sprinter and can consequently run around the wall or even the ceiling if you so desire. Jumping off either is a key mechanic in multiplayer games.
  • Magazines? What magazines?
  • Your standard array of FPS weapons. The weak but accurate piece of shit pistol you have at the start, your random melee weapon, that reliable assault rifle, the shotgun, the shotgun's better cousin, a couple of gimmick weapons and that thing that looks cool but you never get any ammunition for.
  • Health regeneration is for the weak. Rip out the other guy's heart if you want to heal.
  • Carry as many weapons as you want. Hyperspace is your friend!
  • Mutators if you want to make the game even more arcade-like.
  • Upgrades for all of your weapons.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #5061 on: October 18, 2014, 10:29:09 pm »
Kind of reminds me of this from Steve Jackson Games.

(click to show/hide)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5062 on: October 18, 2014, 10:52:45 pm »
Are you one of those people who enjoys "A Serbian Film"?

Never seen it, only heard about it because Deimos mentioned it quite a bit a while back.
Judging by your love of "Hatred" you'd enjoy it.

You might also like "Food Fight". 

Its not so much that I love it, just that I'm not going into hysterics over the fact something so blatantly offensive is being made.  Art is art, taste has nothing to do with it.
Ok, you're the one who went out of your way to post how you hated FNAF and defended it as "your opinion" but now you're being condescending  to us about finding a game shit?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5063 on: October 18, 2014, 10:55:44 pm »
Kind of reminds me of this from Steve Jackson Games.

(click to show/hide)
That art looks cute  ;D

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:59:16 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5064 on: October 18, 2014, 11:35:46 pm »
Not that good of a game, though. A shame, too. Steve Jackson has put out some pretty good stuff, but also 20,000 versions of Munchkin because it sells.

Also, there's Pathfinder Munchkin. Considering that standard Munchkin is a parody of Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder is more or less literally D&D 3.75, I'm not entirely sure how that works.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #5065 on: October 18, 2014, 11:55:04 pm »
I was more evoking the old cliche of the Munchkin or "Combat Wombat" as a player character who wants the guns, all the guns at the same time plausibility, physics, decency and logic be damned!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5066 on: October 19, 2014, 12:17:24 am »
Well, a Munchkin-esque first person shooter would be fun. Abuse all of the imbalances! 
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5067 on: October 19, 2014, 01:14:47 am »
Considering that standard Munchkin is a parody of Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder is more or less literally D&D 3.75, I'm not entirely sure how that works.

Recursive parody, perhaps?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #5068 on: October 19, 2014, 02:17:30 am »
Speaking of tasteless games.

Meet Boganella the talking lady shotgun that talks like a bogan. She makes her debut 43 seconds into the video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRgmwsk5mEI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRgmwsk5mEI</a>

Best line? "I've got a fucken' lady boner!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5069 on: October 19, 2014, 11:03:32 am »

OK, but can I still call it a shit painting?

Way I see it is that Hatred is exactly like pissing in a jar and dropping a crucifix in it, the shock value gets your attention but all you are left with is a smelly jar!

Of course.  It may be art, but not all art is good.

All the discussion of Postal has made me think of a neat idea: Why the hell not take all the ridiculous old tropes of FPS up to eleven and homage what it used to be while combining it with a smooth coat of mechanics polish.

• Rocket Jumping with almost every weapon, with your recoil or sheer explosive power propelling you through the air. How does this happen? Quit questioning and fly through the air like a bird on fire.
  • You run like a doping Olympic sprinter and can consequently run around the wall or even the ceiling if you so desire. Jumping off either is a key mechanic in multiplayer games.
  • Magazines? What magazines?
  • Your standard array of FPS weapons. The weak but accurate piece of shit pistol you have at the start, your random melee weapon, that reliable assault rifle, the shotgun, the shotgun's better cousin, a couple of gimmick weapons and that thing that looks cool but you never get any ammunition for.
  • Health regeneration is for the weak. Rip out the other guy's heart if you want to heal.
  • Carry as many weapons as you want. Hyperspace is your friend!
  • Mutators if you want to make the game even more arcade-like.
  • Upgrades for all of your weapons.

So, basically, you want a somewhat beefed-up version of Rise of the Triad?  Because that's almost exactly what you're describing.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.