Author Topic: Is Miami going to be the first Raccoon City?  (Read 4381 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Is Miami going to be the first Raccoon City?
« on: May 26, 2012, 11:06:18 pm »
One man was shot to death by Miami police, and another man is fighting for his life after he was attacked and his face allegedly half eaten, by a naked man on the MacArthur Causeway off ramp, police said.

The bloodshed began about 2 p.m. when a series of gunshots were heard on the ramp, which is along NE 13th Street, just south of The Miami Herald building. Witnesses said a woman saw the two men fighting and flagged down a police officer who was in the area.

The officer, who has not been identified, approached and saw that the naked man was actually chewing the other man’s head, according to witnesses. The officer ordered the naked man to back away, and when he continued the assault, the officer shot him. The attacker continued to eat the man, despite being shot, forcing the officer to continue firing. Witnesses said they heard at least a half dozen shots.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/26/2818832/naked-man-shot-killed-on-macarthur.html

God I hope that the victim recovers but good damn half his face was eaten! Seriously, this sounds like how Resident Evil started.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Is Miami going to be the first Raccoon City?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:13:58 pm »
What the flying fuck?!  That is batshit insane...
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:37:09 am »
PCP is a terrible drug.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 01:10:46 am »
So what drugs do I have to take to start thinking "Hey theres Jim he looks tasty I think I'll eat him om nom nom."?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:14:12 am »
Told you.  PCP.

Ironbite-it's a hell of a drug.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 01:15:35 am »
I saw some police drama show recently that had a plot just like this( I think it was Castle).
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 01:22:41 am »
Yeah, I immediately thought PCP too.  That drug is... just... evilcrazywild.  There's a story of a guy high on PCP who cut HIS OWN face off... and felt no pain.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 01:25:41 am »
I don't understand why anyone would willing take PCP.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 01:28:30 am »
I don't either... but there's a possibility they thought the same thing before they tried it.

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 03:24:23 am »
PCP is nothing compared to krokodil (Warning NSWF and the pictures can destroy your appetite.) Especially since it is actually called the drug that turns you into zombie!

You know when I came to this topic I knew I had 50/50 chances that this is either about Miami getting some sort of outbreak like Resident evil or about actual raccoons having multiplied so much that the city will have to be evacuated as the raccoons are taking over. (I was hoping for the latter one  :'( )
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 04:56:30 am »

Seriously. I'd sooner smoke crack than PCP.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 04:06:21 pm »

Aren't you supposed to snort it? </missing the point>
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 04:29:43 pm »
Once I read about a guy who killed his girlfriend under the influence of PCP, but when police dragged him in he couldn't remember any of it. They even tried administering a "truth serum" to the guy, but he couldn't remember any of it. During the court proceedings, they had to keep him in a separate room so that he couldn't see the evidence, because it could compromise his testimony. He was found not guilty for reason of insanity and sent to a mental hospital, where he had a seizure which caused him to recall every single detail of the murder, relived in his head, over and over again. He tried to kill himself several times. The kicker is that the murder as he recalled it was perfectly consistent with the forensic evidence that was never revealed to him in the trial or the police investigation.

So yeah, don't do PCP, kids.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 06:51:21 pm »
Don't do Krokodil either...  ugh...

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 10:39:25 pm »

Aren't you supposed to snort it? </missing the point>

Crack is usually smoked, PCP can be snorted or smoked.

Edit:

Once I read about a guy who killed his girlfriend under the influence of PCP, but when police dragged him in he couldn't remember any of it. They even tried administering a "truth serum" to the guy, but he couldn't remember any of it. During the court proceedings, they had to keep him in a separate room so that he couldn't see the evidence, because it could compromise his testimony. He was found not guilty for reason of insanity and sent to a mental hospital, where he had a seizure which caused him to recall every single detail of the murder, relived in his head, over and over again. He tried to kill himself several times. The kicker is that the murder as he recalled it was perfectly consistent with the forensic evidence that was never revealed to him in the trial or the police investigation.

So yeah, don't do PCP, kids.

I'm skeptical about this. For one thing, when someone is on trial, they have the right to see every second of the proceedings, even if they're planning on testifying. Concerns about compromised testimony only apply to witnesses. Taking a drug and then killing someone usually isn't grounds for a finding of not guilty by reason of insanity/mental defect, nor would it require that one spend time in a psychiatric hospital if they're perfectly sane now. It's much more likely that he would have been convicted of manslaughter, being that his actions -- as in, taking the drug -- still led to her death.

Plus, the bit about him having a seizure and suddenly remembering ever detail seems rather... unrealistic.

That said, it is very believable that a person could kill someone under the influence of a potent enough drug, and not remember some or all of it afterward. It's just that the other stuff makes me question the validity of the source from which you got this.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:14:54 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)