Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 568762 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #630 on: March 04, 2012, 12:58:14 am »
So think about Fluttershy's insults to Rarity and Pinkie Pie for a minute.  She insulted their lives' callings.  Everypony dreams of the day they find their calling, earning their cutie mark in the process.  She berated and belittled that.

I mean, what she did was rude, but if you consider just how much a pony's life calling means to them, then she was indeed a monster.

I'm starting to think what Discord did wasn't turn people opposite, but essentially turn their personalities inside out - the deepest part of them that they are quite capable of but subconsiously deny suddenly became their main personality.

Rarity innately has the capacity for great selfishness, Pinkie Pie has the capacity for great party-poopering, Fluttershy has the capacity for great meanness, Applejack probably has the capacity to be deceitful, and hell, the very first thing we saw Twilight Sparkle do was be an antisocial loner.
Also apparently Faust said that Luna turned evil due to external forces
please have discord come back with an epic battle
Really? Yes!! My world-view is confirmed!

Loved the episode. I love how Rarity being "assertive" is just being a tease. :p

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Da Rat Bastid

• Pope
  • Takes what he can, while he can.
« Reply #631 on: March 04, 2012, 09:08:02 am »
(...) and hell, the very first thing we saw Twilight Sparkle do was be an antisocial loner.

*perks up* So...she started talking like Raven, then?

She could easily do that, y'know. :P

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #632 on: March 04, 2012, 12:19:29 pm »
So was anyone else reminded of the PPG episode where Bubbles goes "hardcore," or is it just me?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #633 on: March 04, 2012, 12:52:27 pm »
Nightmare Trixie would be awesome...

The fanfic The Dresden Fillies features her as a villain.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #634 on: March 04, 2012, 12:59:02 pm »

That it does.  I've been so busy reading 'My Little Denarians' that I'd forgotten about that one.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #635 on: March 04, 2012, 01:02:03 pm »
So I see that the story I've been waiting on for forever is finally updated.  I'm talking of course about The Sun is Tired.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #636 on: March 04, 2012, 01:11:15 pm »
So was anyone else reminded of the PPG episode where Bubbles goes "hardcore," or is it just me?

Now that you reminded me of that PPG episode, yes does remind me of it.

I have to check that fanfic out.

On the subject of fanfics, I can't wait for the Iron Will fanfics, I hope someone does a background story for him, because I have a great idea of making him into an ex-pro wrestler for some reason.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #637 on: March 04, 2012, 01:12:27 pm »
B:  Several of the other pre-readers were happy about that themselves.  Me, I haven't read it.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #638 on: March 04, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »

On the subject of fanfics, I can't wait for the Iron Will fanfics, I hope someone does a background story for him, because I have a great idea of making him into an ex-pro wrestler for some reason.

One thing I like about the episode is that at the end, he was actually very reasonable.  He wasn't a monster, he was just teaching others wrong.

My personal fanon for him is that he was actually bullied a lot growing up, and had to teach himself how to handle it, since no one else would help him.  And then he saw others being bullied, so he taught them to do the same.

When he was met with non-violent resistance for the first time in the form of Fluttershy, it surprised him and essentially changed his viewpoint on things.

I suppose he could've been a pro-wrestler along the lines.  He certainly acts like one XD

In case you can't tell, I like Iron Will.  He's sorta like Gilda's opposite.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #639 on: March 04, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »

One thing I like about the episode is that at the end, he was actually very reasonable.  He wasn't a monster, he was just teaching others wrong.

My personal fanon for him is that he was actually bullied a lot growing up, and had to teach himself how to handle it, since no one else would help him.  And then he saw others being bullied, so he taught them to do the same.

When he was met with non-violent resistance for the first time in the form of Fluttershy, it surprised him and essentially changed his viewpoint on things.

That's a great background for him, I really like the idea of him being bullied when he was younger, and is the reason why he acts the way he does.

I suppose he could've been a pro-wrestler along the lines.  He certainly acts like one XD

No wonder he reminds me of a pro-wrestler, I like him too.

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #640 on: March 04, 2012, 09:26:32 pm »

Yeah, there was nothing wrong with Will, just his methods. I quite enjoyed the episode overall. Not my favorite, by far, but not the weakest either. Plus, I know it made N. de Plum happy. Yay.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #641 on: March 04, 2012, 10:18:34 pm »
I thought the episode was very good. It was nice to see the "bad" side of Fluttershy, even though she was doing it the way she was taught by Iron Will. She just thought she was indeed being more assertive and did not see how she was turning into a bully. At the end she eventually figured out that she can have the courage to tell other ponies "no" and to be able to put her hoof down instead of being a push over.

I do hope that her newfound assertiveness won't take over her shy, domicile personality as that is what I like about her and I absolutely hate it when writers of shows try to change a character's persona.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #642 on: March 04, 2012, 10:22:32 pm »
Oh yeah, did anyone notice what was on Derpy's saddlebag in the market scene?? It was a MUFFIN!! lol

Here's a closeup pic of the scene
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:47:14 pm by nickiknack »

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #643 on: March 04, 2012, 11:08:54 pm »
Oh yeah, did anyone notice what was on Derpy's saddlebag in the market scene?? It was a MUFFIN!! lol

Here's a closeup pic of the scene

I claim nothing of this. I need more Doctor Whooves!

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #644 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:24 pm »
You know, that looks really uncomfortable. I can only imagine that most pegasi would kind of freak out if their wings were restricted like that.

Yes, Rainbow Dash endured it in the Running of the Leaves, but her fidgeting implied it was incredibly uncomfortable for her.