Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072655 times)

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2700 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:57 am »
I hate how I always have to press the on button twice before my laptop turns on.

Sometimes I forget and just press it once.

Then i'll go and get something, and come back expecting to see the password screen already up, but it isn't even turned on >:(

Then I have to actually turn it on and wait a few minutes for it to load up. It's an absolute disgrace!

I get the opposite problem. My laptop often fakes me out about shutting down, and I'll go away and come back later and find out the damn thing is still on.

It also just so happens to be the one remaining device I use that has a Windows OS. Draw your own conclusions.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2701 on: December 03, 2012, 05:03:22 am »
People who, when they find out I like something say a popular game, start to insult it and complain about it to me. I still haven't figured out their reasoning. Are you... are you trying to make me agree even tho I already said I love the series? Are... are you just trying to be an ass?

It's even better when people say BUT THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH IT! Newsflash: I can still like something despite its faults. I can still like something and accept it has faults. I am not the type of person who says THIS GAME IS PERFECT. It isn't. No game is perfect but I can still love it regardless. Just like we can like a person even tho they tend to do something we dislike. You see?

I've dealt with this on multiple forums and on tumblr. And then people make assumptions based on what I tend to like. It's kinda amusing. And annoying.

I also am getting really annoyed with the whole LET'S CROSSOVER SHERLOCK WITH EVERYTHING!

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2702 on: December 03, 2012, 06:13:39 am »
Something that annoys me...fancy-flavored coffee creamers, like salted caramel and shit.  Yeah, some of em are alright, but...really?  Its coffee, I want it to taste like coffee: sweet, with cream.  If I had my druthers, the fanciest creamer I'd ever get is French vanilla.  Also, liquid creamer only.  The clumps dry creamer makes look gross, and it always leaves my coffee with froth at the top, which makes the glass a real whore to clean, afterward.

As an coffee addict, I love the different falavored coffee creamers. I wish I could find my all time favorite:Chocolate Raspberry, I haven't been able to find it for close to a year now. Though I hear you on liquid creamer, I'm not a big fan of the dry stuff.
If you're a coffee addict, I bet you'd love a Keurig and the 32958937871 different flavors it has to offer. I just looked it up and one of the flavors is chocolate raspberry truffle. I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but perhaps it's worth a try. I know the machine can be expensive, but if you're an addict and looking to invest in something worthy, it's a pretty good choice.

Depends. I find that my coffee/espresso machine and espresso supplies is more cost-effective than a Keurig. Then again, there's anywhere between 4 and 6 coffee freaks in the house at any given time, and if I just make plain coffee we go through 3 pots/day. If there's only one person a Keurig isn't that bad, but a box of the little coffee packets is something like $15 for a twelve-pack, minimum.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2703 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:53 am »
It's a lot cheaper if you buy it online. It's $15 for a 24-pack, and if you buy $45 worth at once, shipping is free. So you basically stock up that way, and it's not nearly as bad.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2704 on: December 03, 2012, 10:37:44 am »
People who, when they find out I like something say a popular game, start to insult it and complain about it to me. I still haven't figured out their reasoning. Are you... are you trying to make me agree even tho I already said I love the series? Are... are you just trying to be an ass?

It's even better when people say BUT THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH IT! Newsflash: I can still like something despite its faults. I can still like something and accept it has faults. I am not the type of person who says THIS GAME IS PERFECT. It isn't. No game is perfect but I can still love it regardless. Just like we can like a person even tho they tend to do something we dislike. You see?

I've dealt with this on multiple forums and on tumblr. And then people make assumptions based on what I tend to like. It's kinda amusing. And annoying.

But... But... But... Then you might actually like something that I don't... And that would be just weird, everyone should like and hate all the same things as I do.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2705 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:55 pm »

But... But... But... Then you might actually like something that I don't... And that would be just weird, everyone should like and hate all the same things as I do.

I know! I'm just a rebel.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #2706 on: December 03, 2012, 07:49:54 pm »
When shows you're watching on Netflix streaming disappear. I want to finish watching Spaced.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2707 on: December 03, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »
I still haven't forgiven them for taking down SG-1

Also, I'm annoyed by the fact that my hands feel dirty for hours after I do the dishes.  I just finished, and I'm hungry, and want to eat some delicious chocolate chip cookies, but I can't because my hands feel filthy.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:55:33 pm by Veras »
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2708 on: December 03, 2012, 08:08:30 pm »
When shows you're watching on Netflix streaming disappear. I want to finish watching Spaced.
Yes yes yes! So annoying!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2709 on: December 03, 2012, 08:49:13 pm »
They should email you a warning when a show in your queue is about to be yanked.

&

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2710 on: December 03, 2012, 11:15:02 pm »
Nothing says classy like your 16-year-old cousin Gangnam Style dancing right in front of you in nothing but his briefs with his junk flopping less than a foot from your face.   
Classy, Mikey.  Classy.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2711 on: December 03, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »
I get paranoid easy. Like I think everyone talks about me as soon as I leave, and that they can read my thoughts sometimes... It's really unnerving. I even thought that all the school counselors and teachers were being sarcastic with me when they tried to help me.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline calshepN7

• Neonate
  • Calibrating...please wait.
« Reply #2712 on: December 03, 2012, 11:36:06 pm »

I know! I'm just a rebel.

Is it Mass Effect? I feel like you're talking about Mass Effect.  ;)

I couldn't agree more with that feeling. If I tell you I like something, I'm not asking to be 'converted' out of it anymore than I'm looking to be converted into a religion.

I find myself annoyed recently by people who make committments and then later act like they can't be bothered. Seriously, is it so hard to not agree to something you don't want to do??! *sigh* It's like they think no one else has to deal with the consequences of their decision to bail...
Telling an atheist to burn in Hell is like telling an adult that Santa's not bringing him any presents this year.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2713 on: December 03, 2012, 11:47:03 pm »
Not just Mass Effect. Happened with Call of Duty (the more recent ones), Fallout: New Vegas. Those kinda games.

&

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2714 on: December 03, 2012, 11:49:12 pm »
My landlady is so unreliable sometimes. I got up early this morning to work for her, and she called and said nevermind because she didn't sleep well. Understandable, but it happens far too frequently, and the fact that I cut my sleep short to do her a favor, only to be turned down, is pretty damn annoying.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades