Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075931 times)

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3285 on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:27 am »
No me.

Ironbite-you guys didn't know my scientific name was Raptorious Lootious Explodious?

....What manner of sexual deviance is a "Lootious" and why am I terrified by the fact that it allegedly explodes.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3286 on: February 19, 2013, 01:53:09 am »
I dunno.  Might have something to do with the fact that I steal shit that's not nailed down.  And then the stuff that is nailed down.  As well as your pants.

Ironbite-which I'm wearing on my head right now.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3287 on: February 19, 2013, 10:27:14 pm »
YouTube is failing, as usual. I have fantastic net here, and I have to wait ages for a couples minutes of a video to load, watch it, then wait again. They've really fucked up.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3288 on: February 19, 2013, 11:04:37 pm »
Slight back story: after 3wks of not hiring on any temps, one of the recent properties I've worked at has brought temps out in force to... I don't really know. Because yesterday was President's Day, the college we're trying to canvass was closed, so nobody was around, and I spent about half my day quite literally doing nothing. I don't mind getting paid to sit on my ass, but it struck me as odd that a place that's trying to accommodate one college, while still being privately owned, doesn't know something as important as which holidays mean class is cancelled. Then, today, I'm handing out flyers to promote a lunch truck/ticket raffle in an (IMHO underhanded) attempt to get cell numbers and emails for the property's database.

This place, I'm convinced, is staffed by some of the most incompetent people in Los Angeles. First off, they've been promoting almost daily since August, using all manner of handouts, giveaways, and irritating "Oh hi would you like this flyer and cheap trinket on your way to class" that I've come to hate about where I live. It's gotten to the point that the entire area knows who they are, and either takes advantage of them, or can't stand them.
Second, there doesn't appear to be a clear chain of command, or anyone in a position that's really related to what they were hired for. The manager is more of an accountant, the assistant manager and leasing agents spend more time promoting on the streets than handling leasing and office duties, the "social media director" is so out of touch that it's funny (she's probably most qualified to manage, which is terrifying because of how she manages), and the temps (including me) are almost always left without direction or instruction, while being expected to perform tasks that routinely do not follow anything in our job description.
Today was, in fact, the first time I saw a temp doing something she was qualified for, followup phone calls with potential residents. Otherwise, they've been out on the street, peddling trinkets and pamphlets to people who've rather had enough of us and our antics. And that's assuming we're given an actual assignment. It hasn't been uncommon to sit around for an hour or two because nobody knows what to do with us; given the rate charged for each temp, and the number of temps they tend to hire (3-5), bringing us out to sit on our asses for half the work day is a colossal waste of money. Granted, so is just about everything else this place does in the name of PR and being "hip" with the college kids, and I'm more than happy to get paid for doing nothing, but after 4mo. of this, it's gone from amusing to sad.
It doesn't exactly help that my fellow temps and I aren't exactly being given much respect. For starters, we were told to be at this place all week from 10-7. First problem, the office closes at 6, so I don't know how we're supposed to be there an extra hour. Seriously, that should be an easy one to get right. Second, is being given an assignment for all day, then being sent home halfway through because the office is out of ideas for what to do with us. If you only need help for half the day, only hire it for half the day; I'd love to know that I've got more of my day to do other things, because I just may have a lot of other things to work on. It's also nice to not look forward to a paycheck that's half the size you're expecting. Third, I get that there are a lot of us, but if you're going to hire what's essentially double your workforce, make a fucking effort to learn our names, and not just refer to us as "the temps" all day. It's rather insulting, especially since I've been here off and on since November, going beyond the tasks you assign me to make this place work.
I am seriously tempted to ask their corporate bosses if I can try to run the place for a week and see if I can do a better job. The chances of them losing out more than they already do seems rather slim.

TL;DR, I am not pleased with my current work assignment.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3289 on: February 19, 2013, 11:28:22 pm »
I have to open tomorrow morning, and I'll probably be the only one in the department until about 11am.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:32:20 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Migu

• Neonate
« Reply #3290 on: February 20, 2013, 06:37:45 pm »
The word ''gaffe''.  As someone who reads a lot about politics and follows the news so closely it's almost obsessive, I don't think there's a word that will EVER annoy me more than ''gaffe.''

Also, when people use ''-gate'' whenever there's a scandal.  Monicagate, Benghazigate, Romneygate, 'You didn't build that'-gate, whatever.  It stopped being clever about 40 years ago and I cringe when I hear it.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3291 on: February 20, 2013, 06:40:54 pm »
I missed my bus, because of the dumb ass lock at work, and I had to wait an extra hour for another one.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3292 on: February 20, 2013, 07:06:54 pm »
The word ''gaffe''.  As someone who reads a lot about politics and follows the news so closely it's almost obsessive, I don't think there's a word that will EVER annoy me more than ''gaffe.''

Also, when people use ''-gate'' whenever there's a scandal.  Monicagate, Benghazigate, Romneygate, 'You didn't build that'-gate, whatever.  It stopped being clever about 40 years ago and I cringe when I hear it.

How long until there's a Gategate, I wonder?

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #3293 on: February 20, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »

How long until there's a Gategate, I wonder?

Or a Watergategate?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB9JgxhXW5w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB9JgxhXW5w</a>

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3294 on: February 20, 2013, 08:06:56 pm »
How about a Stargate?
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3295 on: February 20, 2013, 08:19:21 pm »
Or a Picket-fence-gate.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3296 on: February 20, 2013, 08:53:21 pm »
People who use apostrophes on words that are plural, not possessive. Someone once said something about "you grammar Nazi's" and it was all I could do not to yell "Nazis, not Nazi's".

*Curls into a ball in the corner and rolls back and forth, mumbling "plural, not possessive" over and over.*

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3297 on: February 21, 2013, 03:41:05 am »
Yeah, I hate it when people misuse apostrophe's.

Had to be said.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3298 on: February 21, 2013, 03:47:29 am »
Art I would love you but your sig desparately makes me want to eat a monaco bar.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3299 on: February 21, 2013, 04:22:30 am »
Really? They look like ice cream sandwiches to me.