Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069472 times)

wrightway

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4110 on: June 08, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »
Going by doctor's charts I am morbidly obese. I delivered normally with my previous children AND had no trouble finding out gender. Might I suggest bitch slapping the next person to say shit and blaming it on pregnancy hormones?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4111 on: June 08, 2013, 08:23:03 pm »
According to my mom, when she was pregnant with my older sister (her first kid), her doctor was really obese and also had a habit of telling the pregnant women under his care that they needed to lose weight, including my mom.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4112 on: June 08, 2013, 09:00:14 pm »
You know what's awesome about having a higher sex drive than your partner?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

Jebus christ sorry bout that.  Not all us males are total horn dogs.  And like Distind said, at least your's has a sex drive.

Ironbite-as I found out my ex had none...to my sorrow.

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4113 on: June 08, 2013, 10:20:09 pm »
Going by doctor's charts I am morbidly obese. I delivered normally with my previous children AND had no trouble finding out gender. Might I suggest bitch slapping the next person to say shit and blaming it on pregnancy hormones?

Yeah, he just seemed like a douche.  There was no way that I was going to take him seriously. 
Two days later, at a different hospital (and the one I ended up choosing), they were able to tell me the sex without a problem.  I nearly asked them to phone up the other doctor and tell me, so I could get the last laugh.

According to my mom, when she was pregnant with my older sister (her first kid), her doctor was really obese and also had a habit of telling the pregnant women under his care that they needed to lose weight, including my mom.

That's incredibly annoying.  I hope your mother and sister were lucky enough to end up with a different doctor.

Here in Japan, the doctors seem to want the babies to be as small as possible to make the birth "easier" for the mothers.  The doctors often tell even people who are thin to lose some weight so that the baby is smaller.  :/ Although this is anecdotal evidence and doesn't mean much in the long run, everyone I know who has given birth here has pretty much been told either to lose weight or to make sure only to gain as few kilos as possible.

That doctor also told me to start wrapping my belly to ensure that the baby doesn't get very big.  When both my mother-in-law and I told him that we didn't think that was necessary, he scolded my mother-in-law by saying, "It's Japanese tradition and you should make her do it."
一期一会

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4114 on: June 09, 2013, 01:05:27 am »

That's incredibly annoying.  I hope your mother and sister were lucky enough to end up with a different doctor.

Here in Japan, the doctors seem to want the babies to be as small as possible to make the birth "easier" for the mothers.  The doctors often tell even people who are thin to lose some weight so that the baby is smaller.  :/ Although this is anecdotal evidence and doesn't mean much in the long run, everyone I know who has given birth here has pretty much been told either to lose weight or to make sure only to gain as few kilos as possible.

That doctor also told me to start wrapping my belly to ensure that the baby doesn't get very big.  When both my mother-in-law and I told him that we didn't think that was necessary, he scolded my mother-in-law by saying, "It's Japanese tradition and you should make her do it."

No, he was her doctor for that pregnancy.  I think she said that he was even the reason my sister got stuck and had to be pulled out with forceps;  according to her, he told her to push too early.  She did say that the doctor she went to for her next pregnancy (me) was her favorite one.

I once read an article someone wrote about their stay in Japan and the obsession with weight loss over there.  They described how they, and others they've talked to, could go in for anything and the doctor would almost always bring up weight and how losing more would help remedy the problem they were having, no matter what it was.  And what you said about stomach wrapping reminded me about Chinese foot binding.

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4115 on: June 09, 2013, 03:07:26 am »

No, he was her doctor for that pregnancy.  I think she said that he was even the reason my sister got stuck and had to be pulled out with forceps;  according to her, he told her to push too early.  She did say that the doctor she went to for her next pregnancy (me) was her favorite one.

I once read an article someone wrote about their stay in Japan and the obsession with weight loss over there.  They described how they, and others they've talked to, could go in for anything and the doctor would almost always bring up weight and how losing more would help remedy the problem they were having, no matter what it was.  And what you said about stomach wrapping reminded me about Chinese foot binding.

Goodness, that sounds awful.  I'm really sorry that they got stuck with him.  Other than having to use forceps, were your mother and sister okay?
It's great, though, that she had a good doctor for your birth.  Having to go through with a terrible doctor twice would be awful.

That seems to be the case.  Hell, even when I order clothes from the store I shop at, if the size is above a large they often send pamphlets upon pamphlets of various weight loss tips and programs. 
The ob/gyn seem to be particularly hard on women about their weight.  Other doctors are, too, but the ob/gyn especially tend have some pretty unrealistic goals for their patients.

Huh.  I never thought about that connection before -- the belly wrapping and foot binding. 
一期一会

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4116 on: June 09, 2013, 11:16:10 am »
There was a LOT of goopy white stuff in my milk this morning. It was like glue.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4117 on: June 09, 2013, 12:26:19 pm »
I hate it when people put small bottles in the fridge door. Whenever I put shopping away, I always have to move loads of small bottles from the fridge door to make room for the big bottles that don't fit anywhere else.

wrightway

« Reply #4118 on: June 09, 2013, 01:45:32 pm »
People who believe there is no bias against mental health issues in the judicial system.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4119 on: June 09, 2013, 10:33:40 pm »
All of the lecture notes online for this perception class are absolutely terrible.

Theres a 4 different lecturers, and they all suck. Mark's slides give barely any info, they are ok, but not my main concern. Andrew's slides contain close to no text, just random pictures, its horrible. Ky's slides contain so much terminology and useless info thats its near impossibly to tell what is needed and useful for the exam and Peter's slides are walls of text that are incredibly dry to sift through
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #4120 on: June 09, 2013, 11:35:29 pm »
Here in Japan, the doctors seem to want the babies to be as small as possible to make the birth "easier" for the mothers.  The doctors often tell even people who are thin to lose some weight so that the baby is smaller.

.... WAT. No, babies need to be a certain size to be healthy.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4121 on: June 10, 2013, 05:02:41 am »

.... WAT. No, babies need to be a certain size to be healthy.

Apparently, they didn't get the notice.
一期一会

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4122 on: June 10, 2013, 05:06:00 am »
They're trying to fit as many people into Japan as possible. It's easier if they're smaller.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4123 on: June 10, 2013, 05:15:44 am »
I won't make a racist joke. I won't make a racist joke.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

« Reply #4124 on: June 10, 2013, 07:08:26 am »
Didn't the US used to do something similar? I remember reading that doctors used to encourage women to gain no more than 15 pounds (or none at all if they were even the slightest bit overweight) so the babies would be small and easier to deliver.