Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069413 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5280 on: September 13, 2013, 01:18:50 am »
Youtube layout changed again. I think this version is more annoying than the previous, now I have to open up a tiny meny to change the resolution and size etc. Before those were all available without opening the menu. And it's not like keeping them behind an extra button made this layout any cleaner or less crowded or anything.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #5281 on: September 13, 2013, 01:51:11 am »
Spoilered because I don't care enough to actually get into an argument with people over this:
(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5282 on: September 13, 2013, 02:10:33 am »
Spoilered because I don't care enough to actually get into an argument with people over this:
(click to show/hide)

The problem with the whole "It's a ripoff!" argument is that they look at nothing but the most basic part of the premise and base everything off of that. It's equivalent to saying that Star Wars is a ripoff of Star Trek because both involve spaceships and ray guns in a not-very-realistic sci-fi setting, and the handful of protagonists are the most important people in the universe.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5283 on: September 13, 2013, 02:21:07 am »
Found out I lost out on continued steady work because my employer had my number in their system wrong =/
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5284 on: September 13, 2013, 05:18:49 am »
It's been two weeks and no one has answered my last entry in the Fox News Headline Game. I guess that means I win?
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5285 on: September 13, 2013, 08:32:34 am »
Youtube layout changed again. I think this version is more annoying than the previous, now I have to open up a tiny meny to change the resolution and size etc. Before those were all available without opening the menu. And it's not like keeping them behind an extra button made this layout any cleaner or less crowded or anything.
Fucking seriously. Really now, what is the benefit of hiding the same buttons behind another layer of drop-down menus? Really, what idiot manager over at Google decided that "yes, this is how our programmers and web designers should be spending their valuable and rather expensive time. Adding yet more needless bullshit to the already needlessly-bullshit-laden Youtube interface".

I dread to think what they'll come up with next. Replace all mouse and keyboard support with waggle controls, I'd wager. At the very least, it wouldn't surprise me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:45:32 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5286 on: September 13, 2013, 09:09:49 am »
I hate getting headaches that spread down along my cheek to my jaw. In essence, the whole one side of my face aches when I get these kinds of headaches. And I can't pin down a cause. It isn't eye strain, it isn't withdrawal from anything, it isn't sleep deprivation, it isn't a sinus infection.

Also sometimes I hate my paradoxical excitation. Taking Excedrin throws my whole body out of whack cause of the caffeine. I don't get jittery. I get downright sleepy.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5287 on: September 13, 2013, 10:31:51 am »
Fucking seriously. Really now, what is the benefit of hiding the same buttons behind another layer of drop-down menus? Really, what idiot manager over at Google decided that "yes, this is how our programmers and web designers should be spending their valuable and rather expensive time. Adding yet more needless bullshit to the already needlessly-bullshit-laden Youtube interface".

I dread to think what they'll come up with next. Replace all mouse and keyboard support and replace the lot of it with waggle controls, I'd wager. At the very least, it wouldn't surprise me.

Soon, you'll have to make a blood tithe to watch any video longer than 5 minutes.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5288 on: September 13, 2013, 11:36:40 am »
I'm watching some Youtube vids about Syria and the financial crisis, and the links to corroborative information that they are providing in their respective descriptions all lead to missing/deactivated web pages. I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but it's happening too consistently to be coincidental.

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5289 on: September 13, 2013, 12:13:33 pm »
I'm watching some Youtube vids about Syria and the financial crisis, and the links to corroborative information that they are providing in their respective descriptions all lead to missing/deactivated web pages. I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but it's happening too consistently to be coincidental.

A lot of conspiracy websites are pretty poorly maintained. Sometimes the kooks running them just forget to pay the bills.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5290 on: September 13, 2013, 12:14:58 pm »

A lot of conspiracy websites are pretty poorly maintained. Sometimes the kooks running them just forget to pay the bills.
The cited sources were Youtube, Alternet, and HuffPo.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5291 on: September 13, 2013, 01:36:55 pm »

The cited sources were Youtube, Alternet, and HuffPo.
If I wanted to troll conspiratards I would save some links to copyrighted videos on youtube that get removed. Then after they've been removed I'd post my ramblings using the defunct links and screaming at everyone to check my videos before the Benevolent Brotherhood of Postal Workers and Molemen cencors the evidence.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5292 on: September 13, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »
Look for the cached versions, I guess?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5293 on: September 13, 2013, 04:45:52 pm »
I don't think it's paranoid to notice how odd certain potentially embarrassing articles at least temporarily "disappear" from the web. I've seen it happen hundreds of times. If somebody has enough wealth and influence to have a staff of image minders and attorneys, embarrassing stuff can be persuaded down, at least for a short while. One funny example; when I first came across an unflattering picture of Steve Wozniak playing Segway polo, looking like the fat pompous bastard on wheels that he basically is, anyway, when I went to post a copy from photobucket onto a forum post (a gamer's forum), the link was busted within 20 minutes of my post. The Woz's peeps probably caught it, and the photo legally did not have copyright clearance or some such shit, so that was it for a little while...them boom! The pic link worked again after a couple weeks; I had been regularly checking my post, photobucket and the saved link, plus did image searches during that period of time - was like the pic never really made it to the web originally!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #5294 on: September 13, 2013, 04:46:38 pm »
I stayed up really late last night watching creepy videos and I was exhausted today. I have dumb behavior sometimes.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy