Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069745 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5940 on: November 06, 2013, 11:18:49 pm »
Be careful and stock up on feel-good type stories, games, movies, and other positive things; because working retail will make you hate humanity. 

I speaketh from experience-eth.   

After a while you'll just be thinking: "Oh to hell with all of you, gimme your money and go away."

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5941 on: November 07, 2013, 01:35:01 am »
I work at Target now as a cashier, and every day I get a few customers using WIC. This doesn't bother me, but apparently it's an invitation for other customers to generally treat someone like dirt. I had that happen today with a teenage girl & her baby (who had significantly darker skin than his mom) and one of the nastiest people I've ever met. This particular oxygen thief was an older lady in an expensive coat who snarled at me, snarled at her, snarled at the baby, spouted all sorts of racist epithets, and threw a fit when she refused to thank her for paying her taxes. The teenager was close to tears when the whole ordeal was over, and the only thing I could do was make a big show of calling her "ma'am" while refusing to address the older lady at all. I suppose that's retail, but what I'd give to be able to punch that lady in the face.

Send that one in to Not Always Right.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5942 on: November 07, 2013, 01:47:32 am »
I work at Target now as a cashier, and every day I get a few customers using WIC. This doesn't bother me, but apparently it's an invitation for other customers to generally treat someone like dirt. I had that happen today with a teenage girl & her baby (who had significantly darker skin than his mom) and one of the nastiest people I've ever met. This particular oxygen thief was an older lady in an expensive coat who snarled at me, snarled at her, snarled at the baby, spouted all sorts of racist epithets, and threw a fit when she refused to thank her for paying her taxes. The teenager was close to tears when the whole ordeal was over, and the only thing I could do was make a big show of calling her "ma'am" while refusing to address the older lady at all. I suppose that's retail, but what I'd give to be able to punch that lady in the face.

Same goes for Vypernight's post.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5943 on: November 07, 2013, 04:16:46 am »
You know what's a bad idea? Taking a "fuck that" sort of approach to the recommended dosage of cough syrup. While it does help with the cough and sore throat somewhat, it makes walking in a straight line and not whacking your shins on every piece of nearby furniture somewhat challenging.

It is certainly a tad trippy, though. I have to give it that. Really breaks up the monotony of being sick.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #5944 on: November 07, 2013, 04:45:07 am »
I don't like Doctor Who. I mean, I used to love it, but now I really can't stand all this "believe in the Doctor" and "the POWER OF LOVE" BS anymore. I'm really bloody sick of technology and actual science being almost constantly demonised, I'm sick of every other companion wanting to get in his pants and I'm sick of new technologies and such turning out to be evil because of...reasons. Anything than could advance humanity in even the most remote way is EVIL. I know Doctor Who isn't meant to be anywhere near hard sci-fi, but rampant semi-luddite anti-intellectualism? Really?
/rant
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5945 on: November 07, 2013, 04:47:36 am »

Same goes for Vypernight's post.

Done.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5946 on: November 07, 2013, 04:58:42 am »
Youtube's new comment layout is ass.

Why does it default to top comments instead of newest comments?  Why the fuck would I want to know which comments are popular first?  It's going to take me at least a month to get used to this...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5947 on: November 07, 2013, 01:27:40 pm »
And then they'll change it to something stupid.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5948 on: November 07, 2013, 06:06:49 pm »
You know what's a bad idea? Taking a "fuck that" sort of approach to the recommended dosage of cough syrup. While it does help with the cough and sore throat somewhat, it makes walking in a straight line and not whacking your shins on every piece of nearby furniture somewhat challenging.

It is certainly a tad trippy, though. I have to give it that. Really breaks up the monotony of being sick.

One of the puppeteers I worked with at HHN would literally drink straight Dayquil from the bottle during work.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5949 on: November 07, 2013, 06:28:09 pm »
Youtube's new comment layout is ass.

Why does it default to top comments instead of newest comments?  Why the fuck would I want to know which comments are popular first?  It's going to take me at least a month to get used to this...
Just when you thought Youtube comments couldn't get much worse, now they're laid out in the most asinine way possible, force you to use Google+ in order to keep that shitty Facebook clone on life support and are now full of fucking hashtags of all things.

Why can't Google just accept that they fail at social networking and be done with it? It would make all our lives so much more pleasant.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5950 on: November 07, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »

Unless it's industrial strength prescription stuff or a shared supply, I usually just take a swig straight from the bottle, mostly because being sick makes me incredibly lazy.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5951 on: November 07, 2013, 06:41:55 pm »

Unless it's industrial strength prescription stuff or a shared supply, I usually just take a swig straight from the bottle, mostly because being sick makes me incredibly lazy.

Yeah, but you don't have to pee standing up. That's where the impeded motor skills really screw you over. Besides, I'm taking more like 1/3 of the bottle at once. Because I was really fucking tired of this cough and that syrup is damn delicious.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5952 on: November 07, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »
Dayquil doesn't have the alcohol in it that Nyquil does.   Regardless, neither so much as fazes me, no matter the dose.   All these people I hear talking about how trippy this or that cough syrup is...
Does it have codeine and guiafinesin (sp?) in it?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5953 on: November 07, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »
Along with alcohol and caffeine, I have a very high tolerance to the mind-altering effects of medications. Much like I've never gotten energy from caffeine or energy drinks, I've never gotten sleepy or loopy from cold medicine.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5954 on: November 07, 2013, 07:52:46 pm »
Okay, I take back half of my animosity towards the new Youtube comments.

Yeah, they're kinda ass to read, and you now need to be logged into Google+ to comment (RRRGH) but... at least you don't have that fucking bullshit 500 character limit anymore.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet