Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071033 times)

QueenofHearts

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6240 on: December 06, 2013, 11:27:34 pm »
Well, it looks like all semblance of calm is about to go up in smoke.

It would have been nice if you could have got a temperature pun in there too.

Insert smarmy smoke pun

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6241 on: December 06, 2013, 11:40:39 pm »
Flame and Burn, peeps.   Take it there, plz if you want to discuss Pro-Smoking vs Anti-smoking, or Dodongo's av.  That way everyone can have such fun.  So much of an awesome time your heads will explode into candy and kittens.

Anyway, yeah that was a hugely dickish move by your boss, Dongy.  I at least hope his little lecture nag happened on company time, because there was one time I had one given to me when I'd just gotten off the bloody clock.  Didn't work there long, thank goodness...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:47:15 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6242 on: December 07, 2013, 12:10:52 am »
It's only supposed to get up to 269 on Monday. I'm thinking of leaving the food in my refrigerator outside to save energy.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6243 on: December 07, 2013, 12:13:02 am »
What is it about Skyrim that brings out the racists, misogynists, libertarians, and paranoid conservative Christians?

And why does it seem like they all unerringly think the Stormcloaks are righteous warriors of independence, and that if you don't support them, you're not patriotic? (I'm not exaggerating, I had someone tell me that because I don't support the Stormcloaks, I probably would've supported Britain in the Revolutionary War)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #6244 on: December 07, 2013, 01:11:10 am »
What is it about Skyrim that brings out the racists, misogynists, libertarians, and paranoid conservative Christians?

And why does it seem like they all unerringly think the Stormcloaks are righteous warriors of independence, and that if you don't support them, you're not patriotic? (I'm not exaggerating, I had someone tell me that because I don't support the Stormcloaks, I probably would've supported Britain in the Revolutionary War)

Because our culture values pride and the idealized revolutionary. I'm actually a Stormcloak supporter myself, but I understand it's not black and white.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6245 on: December 07, 2013, 01:13:55 am »

Because our culture values pride and the idealized revolutionary. I'm actually a Stormcloak supporter myself, but I understand it's not black and white.

I gathered, but I think it might also be because they interpret Talos as a Jesus analogue, and "sympathize" with the Stormcloaks for being religiously oppressed.

Personally, I hate the Stormcloaks (or I should say, I hate Ulfric Stormcloak the most) with a fiery passion, and I think that Skyrim has actually put me off of Talos worship in-universe.  I'm not even sure why I hate the Stormcloaks so much.  I only ally with the Empire because, well, it's hard to hate them for essentially giving up their pride to save their people.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6246 on: December 07, 2013, 01:26:36 am »
Me on games like this, I just try to ally with whomever I can to make sure that things turn out as best they can and try to do the right thing.

Yay, Neutral Good!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6247 on: December 07, 2013, 01:27:28 am »
That is kind of a dick move. However, I don't think it was particularly wise to make your avatar a picture of yourself smoking after the mini flame fest where you asked people to drop it.
As far as I know, my boss isn't on FQA, so I don't see the connection between those two things. Besides, I just wanted a decent, recent placeholder for the Avatar To Come.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6248 on: December 07, 2013, 01:30:54 am »
Well'p, if you ever want a title change to go with it, just letteth me know.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6249 on: December 07, 2013, 01:33:09 am »
My alliance in skyrim was purely based on eenymeenymineymo.

Its a just a game what do i care.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6250 on: December 07, 2013, 01:48:04 am »
Finnish independence day was yesterday and turns out that there was a rather big riot dowtown because of it. It was already rare enough that rather than have the president's independence party in the capital it was at Tampere (where I live) but, though it is not uncommon for there to be some protest against the celebration (mostly complaints about it being for the rich and powerful only etc.) this time the protest turned violent.

Mostly just mindless anarchism, complaints about fascists and the occasional drunken moron. The thing that annoys me the most is that any legimite point against the goverment can be raised rather freely in Finland without this type of violence. Had the protest been peaceful they might have actually raised some discussion about their agenda but now we just have some morons complaining about the police being a bunch of pussies for not opening fire at the rioters while others are complaining that the police are fascists who have attacked innocent protesters and that only the police agitators did anything violent.

No one talks about WHY these people wanted to make a protest.

Bah.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6251 on: December 07, 2013, 02:25:03 am »
Me on games like this, I just try to ally with whomever I can to make sure that things turn out as best they can and try to do the right thing.

Yay, Neutral Good!

Unfortunately, Skyrim doesn't let you do the right thing by wiping out the Thalmor in Skyrim.

The Empire and the Stormcloaks are just great big balls of gray (though the rather blatant racism and Nord Pride that the Stormcloaks display is a big factor in what turns me off - Ulfric Stormcloak's powermongering the biggest factor)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6252 on: December 07, 2013, 03:01:53 am »
I maintain such a limited understanding of Celsius, I just assume that anything about 20 is hot enough to roast flesh and anything below 10 is making your nipples freeze and fall off, and leave it at that.

Anything below +10 is rather chilly, but you're not quite in cold territory until you get towards 0, and nipples-freezing-off weather starts as you approach -10. +20 is pretty much room temperature. Roasting Flesh starts to rear its ugly head at +30, but really kicks in once you hit +35 and hits full swing at +40. +24 is pretty much my ideal summer day.

Edit:

And I have to go shopping this weekend. Lovely.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:13:03 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6253 on: December 07, 2013, 10:17:32 am »
That is kind of a dick move. However, I don't think it was particularly wise to make your avatar a picture of yourself smoking after the mini flame fest where you asked people to drop it.
As far as I know, my boss isn't on FQA, so I don't see the connection between those two things. Besides, I just wanted a decent, recent placeholder for the Avatar To Come.

I'm not implying that your boss is on here. I was saying that it was a crappy thing to do after you told us to drop the matter.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6254 on: December 07, 2013, 11:41:25 am »
His new avatar actually made me laugh. Our little cream puff of snarkiness could do no less!

Anyway, there are so many avatars on here that are edgy or sarcastic or weird or etc, that Dodongo's doesn't stand out over much in the "offensive" or "rude" department, at least to my taste.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.