Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074299 times)

Offline Indikins

• Pope
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6555 on: January 09, 2014, 12:05:51 am »
So I can handle my mum not flushing the toilet when she pees, I guess. But it's not so fun when she's on her period.

What is she, 5?

If it's brown, flush it down. If it's yellow, let it mellow!
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6556 on: January 09, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »
Power was out in my house for yesterday and most of today (it's back now, thankfully). I'm actually relatively lucky, other parts of the city went down for weeks or even a month.

Fucking summer.
Σא

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6557 on: January 10, 2014, 01:32:03 am »
I wanna get on my comp and game. But its so friggin hot here, 30c plus. And warm weather makes me terrified about overheating
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6558 on: January 10, 2014, 05:51:27 am »
So I can handle my mum not flushing the toilet when she pees, I guess. But it's not so fun when she's on her period.

What is she, 5?

If it's brown, flush it down. If it's yellow, let it mellow!

But that doesn't say anything about red.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6559 on: January 10, 2014, 06:09:29 am »
If it's red you see, make it go downsie?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

wrightway

« Reply #6560 on: January 10, 2014, 06:14:13 am »
That whole sleeping through the night thing was a fluke. And she appears to be developing colic. Which one of my relatives thinks is a made up illness that bad parents use as an excuse for their spoiled infants.

How the hell do you spoil a five week old?!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6561 on: January 10, 2014, 06:55:08 am »
If it's red you see, make it go downsie?

Sure. We'll go with that.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6562 on: January 10, 2014, 08:29:10 am »
All the Dr. Who avatars are beginning to annoy me. It's becoming more obsessive a fad than the bronies.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6563 on: January 10, 2014, 08:59:34 am »
All the Dr. Who avatars are beginning to annoy me. It's becoming more obsessive a fad than the bronies.
Dr Who, Mass Effect and My Little Pony. Possibly the unholy trinity of utterly insufferable fanfucks on the internet. Maybe throw in the Loki fangirls if you really want to up the potency.

Though in all fairness, I don't mind the avatars so much. In fact, Dr Who fans tend to be pretty well behaved around here. Plenty of avatars, yet no ungodly Dr Who related gushing in various threads that other people have to wade through, which is more than can be said for the other two.

All that said, fandoms in general annoy me greatly. Whatever happened to the idea of simply liking something without having to incessantly broadcast it to people who don't give a shit?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6564 on: January 10, 2014, 09:22:09 am »
Dr Who, Mass Effect and My Little Pony. Possibly the unholy trinity of utterly insufferable fanfucks on the internet. Maybe throw in the Loki fangirls if you really want to up the potency.

Though in all fairness, I don't mind the avatars so much. In fact, Dr Who fans tend to be pretty well behaved around here. Plenty of avatars, yet no ungodly Dr Who related gushing in various threads that other people have to wade through, which is more than can be said for the other two.

All that said, fandoms in general annoy me greatly. Whatever happened to the idea of simply liking something without having to incessantly broadcast it to people who don't give a shit?

I have changed my settings so that I don't see avatars or signatures. I did it because I have crap bandwidth here in Bangladesh at the moment but I am loving the serenity and will probably keep it when I am back in Oz, certainly going to keep it in the Solomons.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #6565 on: January 10, 2014, 09:28:28 am »
Put a paper in the bathroom and mark date+time every time you find an unflushed toilet (are more people in the household? might then be difficult to prove culpability). If that alone doesn't suffice, start not flushing after you take a dump, and when she complains, point to the list.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6566 on: January 10, 2014, 09:30:31 am »

Fair enough. I didn't mean that they're insufferable as posters as much as I'm beginning to be unable to differentiate them...

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6567 on: January 10, 2014, 11:04:03 am »
Back on the CWCki, I spent months with a Pinkie Pie version of the Repo! avatar I currently use. It started with a spate of changes to MLP avatars as part of a forum-wide running gag regarding the brony population, and I maintained it afterward purely because it made people irrationally, enormously mad to see it.

When some people at /cwc/ doxxed me, they legit thought I was a brony.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6568 on: January 10, 2014, 01:14:24 pm »

Fair enough. I didn't mean that they're insufferable as posters as much as I'm beginning to be unable to differentiate them...

Hey, at least we use different characters/Doctors. We're that nice, ya know. :p

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6569 on: January 10, 2014, 10:51:20 pm »

Hey, at least we use different characters/Doctors. We're that nice, ya know. :p

What he said.

And I'm sure I'll tire of being Koschei in a couple weeks.

And usually I differentiate based on avatars rather than names. So there's that. Which makes it easier on tumblr when you can change your display every day if you want.

&