Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2077194 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7170 on: April 20, 2014, 02:33:09 pm »
Happy to be of service.
Σא

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7171 on: April 20, 2014, 09:07:30 pm »
And I'm sure all the dispassionate scientific analysis is really helping Fish deal with it.
It is, actually. I've always been curious as to what separates humans from most other placental mammals in that regard, and now I know. Thanks! It's a funny little reminder that Mother Nature is more like the folks who rig ugly-but-functional "jury rigs" than any grand designer with any sort of plan.

That's what always bugs me about the insistence that we must have been designed as we are because of the supposed "perfection" of life. Evolution tends to do some crazy stupid and inefficient shit, mainly because of how it operates: it adapts you for your current environment, and you need to pray that your species evolves to adapt to changing conditions instead of just going extinct. Humans are loaded with superfluous features, some of which we still don't know the exact reasons for their existence.

An excellent example of evolution being imperfect is the panda. Pandas evolved to be the best at surviving in their environment. The problem is that this survival is 100% reliant on a specific climate with large amounts of bamboo, and their digestive system isn't perfectly tuned for a vegetarian diet. It's basically a "good enough" jury-rig and the main reason why pandas started to suffer when their ideal environment started disappearing.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7172 on: April 21, 2014, 09:03:08 am »
My handwriting is not sloppy. At all. I filled out a form and wrote 5 to represent the month of May, and these assholes thought it was a 6. So now I have to redo the whole form and the whole process because they apparently can't read a 5. Mofos, it looks like a fucking 5. If you can't read that, you need to get a different job.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7173 on: April 22, 2014, 10:15:54 am »
The teacher gave us an assignment and showed us an example. He said he wanted twice as much info in half the pages.

Thing is. He packed everything into his example with almost no page breaks, and everything is barebones information.

That just makes no fucking sense
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7174 on: April 22, 2014, 10:24:45 am »
The teacher gave us an assignment and showed us an example. He said he wanted twice as much info in half the pages.

Thing is. He packed everything into his example with almost no page breaks, and everything is barebones information.

Maybe he wants you to use a smaller font?  XD
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7175 on: April 22, 2014, 10:52:41 am »

Or bigger pages.

Come to think of it, I'd pay actual money to see someone hand in a university assignment printed on A1 sized paper.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7176 on: April 23, 2014, 12:37:54 am »
Looks like I can't watch the Daily show episodes on their website anymore. Either it is just that the newest episodes can't be seen yet or worst case scenario I can't watch ANY of those episodes from Finland anymore.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7177 on: April 23, 2014, 12:47:13 am »
I have an itch beneath the callus on my big toe.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7178 on: April 23, 2014, 08:26:43 am »
Looks like I can't watch the Daily show episodes on their website anymore. Either it is just that the newest episodes can't be seen yet or worst case scenario I can't watch ANY of those episodes from Finland anymore.

Can you watch them from behind a proxy based in the US?  It might make things a touch slower to load, but it could help.

Or bigger pages.

Come to think of it, I'd pay actual money to see someone hand in a university assignment printed on A1 sized paper.

Or those huge sheets of construction paper you get at arts and crafts stores.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7179 on: April 23, 2014, 08:31:32 am »
When it rains yet isn't completely overcast. I just looks completely wrong, goddamnit.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7180 on: April 23, 2014, 04:33:09 pm »
People who pronounce the "r" in "foyer".
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7181 on: April 23, 2014, 05:09:16 pm »
^ That's how I've heard most people say it, honestly.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7182 on: April 23, 2014, 05:47:29 pm »
Up here, it's usually pronounced "foy-eh".
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7183 on: April 23, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »
Up here, it's usually pronounced "foy-eh".
That's the most Canadian thing I've ever heard.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7184 on: April 23, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »
When a youtube video is loading and gets interrupted, it'll usually pick right back up when the connection is reestablished.  Not so with blip; if a blip video loses connection while loading, it'll just stop loading entirely.  You either have to refresh the video or skip slightly ahead or back in order to "reboot" the buffering.