Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069805 times)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7230 on: April 28, 2014, 07:28:29 pm »
It is time for the NFL Draft to be over.  I'm a huge football fan, and I always look forward to the Draft, but its two weeks later this year, and I'm over it.  This is especially true because my team doesn't even have a first round pick this year--they traded it for a running back who can't advance out of a hotel elevator before the doors close.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7231 on: April 28, 2014, 07:33:27 pm »
It is time for the NFL Draft to be over.  I'm a huge football fan, and I always look forward to the Draft, but its two weeks later this year, and I'm over it.  This is especially true because my team doesn't even have a first round pick this year--they traded it for a running back who can't advance out of a hotel elevator before the doors close.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeAEwrL1Ts" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeAEwrL1Ts</a>

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7232 on: April 28, 2014, 07:57:19 pm »
Veras, you know that's satire right?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7233 on: April 28, 2014, 10:22:46 pm »
The superiority evident in these posts must be somewhat blunted by the fact that Canadians use batshit pronounciations for everything.

I'll stick to "Kwuh Beck", the way God intended. At least "Tor-on-toe" is phonetic; I feel bad for the kid in the spelling bee that has to spell "Chrono".

Anglophones are only superior about gay marriage and health care. Francophones are probably holding a referendum over "Kwuh Beck", though.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #7234 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:10 pm »
Veras, you know that's satire right?

Yes, very good satire.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7235 on: April 28, 2014, 11:34:57 pm »
The superiority evident in these posts must be somewhat blunted by the fact that Canadians use batshit pronounciations for everything.

I'll stick to "Kwuh Beck", the way God intended. At least "Tor-on-toe" is phonetic; I feel bad for the kid in the spelling bee that has to spell "Chrono".

Anglophones are only superior about gay marriage and health care. Francophones are probably holding a referendum over "Kwuh Beck", though.

Quebec was also by far the last province to do things like grant women the right to vote in provincial elections.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7236 on: April 29, 2014, 12:40:04 am »
I was going to shit talk about that, but then I remembered that I live in Alberta, and... well, you know.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7237 on: April 29, 2014, 01:14:27 am »
I was going to shit talk about that, but then I remembered that I live in Alberta, and... well, you know.

Alberta: It's like if the US were always run by the Republicans, except every half a century or so we boot them out and replace them with the Tea Party. The Democratic Party occasionally picks up enough seats to get to say one sentence in the legislature each year.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7238 on: April 29, 2014, 01:39:25 am »
Toned down Republicans, but yeah, that's pretty much it.

Funny thing is, Albertans vote the way they do mostly because of the abject terror they experience when faced with the possibility of change, regardless of which political direction it leans toward. Even the chance of the Wild Rose party gaining power had a higher than normal turnout of conservatives, liberals and centrists alike rushing out to vote PC just to keep things the way they are. The oil dudes, a good chunk of Calgary SW & a few pilgrims from Montana were excited about Wild Rose, but everyone else saw it as the end of the world.

When change actually happens, Alberta whines and stomps its feet for a few months until it becomes obvious that nothing bad is going to happen, and promptly goes back to being apolitical until the next whiff of change comes around to start the whole thing all over again.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:41:39 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7239 on: April 29, 2014, 10:01:57 am »
Toned down Republicans, but yeah, that's pretty much it.

Funny thing is, Albertans vote the way they do mostly because of the abject terror they experience when faced with the possibility of change, regardless of which political direction it leans toward. Even the chance of the Wild Rose party gaining power had a higher than normal turnout of conservatives, liberals and centrists alike rushing out to vote PC just to keep things the way they are. The oil dudes, a good chunk of Calgary SW & a few pilgrims from Montana were excited about Wild Rose, but everyone else saw it as the end of the world.

When change actually happens, Alberta whines and stomps its feet for a few months until it becomes obvious that nothing bad is going to happen, and promptly goes back to being apolitical until the next whiff of change comes around to start the whole thing all over again.

Okay, now I understand even more your very effusive compliment to me for a post I made last year, about conservatives who admire and claim genetic kinship to Neanderthals.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7240 on: April 29, 2014, 02:46:11 pm »
I'm getting sick of all these 90s kids insisting it was the best decade to be alive?  Yeah, remember Waco?  The Oklahoma City Bombing?  The Yugoslav Wars?  The Rwandan Genocide?  Columbine?  Somali refugees?  Jeffery Dahmer?  The LA riots?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7241 on: April 29, 2014, 03:47:40 pm »
Yeah, but we also had the best music.  80's hair metal can go straight to hell.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7242 on: April 29, 2014, 03:53:46 pm »
The decade also had some unbearably shitty music.  You probably just don't remember it.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7243 on: April 29, 2014, 04:50:30 pm »
The decade also had some unbearably shitty music.  You probably just don't remember it.
Here's a reminder, courtesy of Buzzfeed.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7244 on: April 29, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »

90s was great for alternative rock, but popular music in general was pretty awful.

Exhibit A: "New Kids on the Block had a lot of hits, Chinese food makes me sick, and I think it's fly when girls stop by for the summer..."

Also, Liquid Dreams. 'nuff said.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)