Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075263 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7380 on: May 22, 2014, 12:38:22 am »
Oh god, Starrceline.

I just saw her report a badge (calling one of her Christian buddies an example a typical retarded Christian) for "hate speech."

I wonder if she realizes that 90% of her gallery consists of it?  Oh wait, I forgot, it's not hate speech if it's against non-Christians.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #7381 on: May 22, 2014, 12:50:09 am »
And usually people would get really angry or compare me to the people of r/atheism and r/mensrights when I am to say anything critical of Christianity. Or organized religion in general. This is because I want to say that Christians have become some of the most egocentric and antisocial people on the planet. I swear to god, these people perceive everything like LGBT+ rights and reproductive rights, etc. as attacks against them, even claim that heterosexuals, cisgendered people, the "pro-life", etc. are under attack and create movements dedicated to their chauvinism.

Trust me, I've been chewed out on one forum because I nitpicked biblical literalists as well as those folks who are are like "God made this country beautiful", etc. The most unforgivable was being compared to a person who takes his philosophy off of fucking Family Guy and its author Seth McFarland (Seth, if you reading this, you are a fucking tool). Once again, subreddits like the above mentioned does not help try to clean up the sentiment toward the non-religious.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #7382 on: May 22, 2014, 12:50:41 am »
This one single, solitary mockingbird that has taken up residence in the tree outside of my bedroom. To be clear, I like mockingbirds. I really do. The sounds they make can be wonderful things and a study in mimicry.

But I hate this one.

My reasons? Between 11:00pm and 2:00am, this little fucker starts chirping his lungs out. Is that bad? No. But does he chirp out other bird calls? Nope. Does he chirp out the sounds of crickets? Nope. What does he chirp?

Fucking car alarms.

Every night as I'm trying to go to sleep, I get treated to the bird version of this shit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdsuUlEP57g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdsuUlEP57g</a>
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7383 on: May 22, 2014, 01:04:46 am »
"Yes, we get it, you're very good at mimicking man-made sounds, NOW SHADDDDUPPPPPPP!!!!!"

And usually people would get really angry or compare me to the people of r/atheism and r/mensrights when I am to say anything critical of Christianity. Or organized religion in general.

-snip-

There are some things I'd accuse you of.  Being a member of r/atheism is most certainly not one of them, and you have my sympathetic outrage that anyone would dare accuse you of being part of those dudebros.

And... why would they even compare you to MRAs?  That makes no sense.

By the way, ever had the opportunity to piss off Norse polytheists?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7384 on: May 22, 2014, 01:57:32 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXE6aUGb4zw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXE6aUGb4zw</a>

At least you could have a conversation with this bird.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7385 on: May 22, 2014, 06:54:25 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXE6aUGb4zw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXE6aUGb4zw</a>

At least you could have a conversation with this bird.

That has got to be a fucking editing trick, that is too god damned hilarious to be real.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7386 on: May 22, 2014, 07:54:25 pm »
Yeah, it's doctored, but the original bird is STILL fucking amazing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y</a>
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:56:01 pm by Magus Silveresti »

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7387 on: May 23, 2014, 04:48:25 am »
I hate finding a story that looks interesting and at first glance seems to be written well, and then realize that they don't use contractions, even in the the dialogue.  Nothing rips me out of a story faster than when everybody speaks like they're part of a formal English essay. It's clunky, breaks the flow, and very distracting.  Unless it's a specific speech quirk of a character, please, for the love of god, use contractions when writing dialogue.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7388 on: May 23, 2014, 06:00:39 am »
There are reasons to use contractions?  You are kidding me, surely.  I am seeing no reason for the use of contractions.  It is deplo -- oh god I can't keep this up.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7389 on: May 23, 2014, 09:28:31 am »
...Iosa, what the hell kind of essays were you asked to write where you were discouraged (or outright required not to use, can't really tell) from using contractions?  Was your English teacher some kind of android?  WAS YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER DATA?!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7390 on: May 23, 2014, 03:26:15 pm »
...Iosa, what the hell kind of essays were you asked to write where you were discouraged (or outright required not to use, can't really tell) from using contractions?  Was your English teacher some kind of android?  WAS YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER DATA?!

When I was studying for Cambridge ESOL exams, one teacher told me there was a chance the examiners for the writing section would deduct points for using contractions (at all, not just in formal writing). It goes against the official line that you're supposed to be evaluated on using appropriate levels of formality, but I wouldn't be surprised if the warning was based on a true story.
Σא

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7391 on: May 23, 2014, 06:05:16 pm »
. . . You mean it wasn't standard practice for formal English?  And yeah, what Sigma said was what I was told; points would get taken off if contractions were used because it was considered "unprofessional".  We could maybe use one in an essay if it was the only one.  Maybe.  And I believe I did get points removed once for using one.  Ironically, the only way we could use contractions in formal writing was if we were directly quoting someone, because again, real people use contractions when they speak.  I wonder if the "don't use contractions in formal writing" rule was started by same type of person who started the "can't put prepositions at the end of a sentence" rule.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7392 on: May 25, 2014, 04:23:49 pm »
Another thing I hate about DeviantART cunts is they make these stamps about how they hate any given work of fiction. Nobody fucking cares and it makes you look like a massive cunt.

I just saw so many horrible things on DeviantART within the last few days. Urge to kill rising.

What's the fucking point of these fucking stamps anyway?

Quoting because relevant:

http://christaboveall.deviantart.com/gallery/

I literally cannot tell if this guy is a poe or not.  Especially with a stamp titled "God makes mistakes."

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #7393 on: May 25, 2014, 04:51:40 pm »
Another thing I hate about DeviantART cunts is they make these stamps about how they hate any given work of fiction. Nobody fucking cares and it makes you look like a massive cunt.

I just saw so many horrible things on DeviantART within the last few days. Urge to kill rising.

I literally cannot tell if this guy is a poe or not.  Especially with a stamp titled "God makes mistakes."

For the sake of my mental health, I'm calling Poe.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7394 on: May 26, 2014, 09:06:02 am »

For the sake of my mental health, I'm calling Poe.

Me too. Those really don't fit well with the usual fundie arguments.