Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076960 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9525 on: January 03, 2016, 03:10:29 pm »
I've only found one, so far.  They release new editions, which move things enough to make the old ones relatively useless for normal usage, yearly.  I've always envisioned a piracy service for college textbooks, but I'd...rather not open that can of worms, myself.  I do NOT want to be extradited to Texas.

It's a shame that such a service doesn't already exist.

In entirely unrelated news, http://gen.lib.rus.ec

Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9526 on: January 03, 2016, 03:43:50 pm »
I've only found one, so far.  They release new editions, which move things enough to make the old ones relatively useless for normal usage, yearly.  I've always envisioned a piracy service for college textbooks, but I'd...rather not open that can of worms, myself.  I do NOT want to be extradited to Texas.

It's a shame that such a service doesn't already exist.

In entirely unrelated news, http://gen.lib.rus.ec

Oh, oh my.  Bookmarked.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9527 on: January 05, 2016, 12:32:41 pm »
"It's ok to stereotype black people because they commit more crime"

"Don't stereotype men even though they commit most crime because black people commit more crime than white men. I suddenly care about applying context to statistics when it affects me."

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9528 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:21 pm »
I put the last nail in the coffin today. I'm officially an adult. I took all my Xmas money and opened an IRA. My little boat needs a motor, I'd like a new tv, and life would be considerably easier with a brand new rototiller, and I've had my eye on a new duck gun.  Mrs. Rookie along with 3/5 of my daughters would be delighted to see me update my wardrobe. My car has some minor cosmetic damage. But no to all of that. A pack of cigarettes, a cup of coffee, and a retirement savings vehicle.

The first annoying part is that I waited so long. I've been working for almost 26 years and I'm just now starting. 2/3 of my life I could have-should have-been putting something away this whole time. I asked the guy there, if I had started from my first real job in 1994, a reasonable amount every week. I'm proud of myself for not breaking down emotionally or harmed myself with the answer.

The second annoying part is I realized I'm an adult. I've been ignoring the signs for as long as I could. My carefree (ha!) youth is officially behind me. I'm certainly not old, I realize that. But I'm not young anymore. It's been a weird day coming to grips with that.

But there's a good thing to come out of this. See the Anything Good Happen thread for that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:55:07 pm by rookie »
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9529 on: January 07, 2016, 06:15:57 am »
Puking.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9530 on: January 07, 2016, 11:30:23 am »
I'm already sick of the censorship arguments spamming several threads across the board. Can we better contain it? We have a couple threads dedicated to it currently.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9531 on: January 07, 2016, 11:34:11 am »
I'm already sick of the censorship arguments spamming several threads across the board. Can we better contain it? We have a couple threads dedicated to it currently.

Alright.  I'll do my best.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9532 on: January 07, 2016, 11:36:13 am »

I suppose we could... censor it.

*badump tish*
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9533 on: January 07, 2016, 02:09:46 pm »

Thanks for understanding.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9534 on: January 07, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »

Thanks for understanding.

No problem.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9535 on: January 08, 2016, 12:35:42 am »
Bashed my toes against a door frame again. Fucking hell, that's painful. I've been screaming profanities at the top of my lungs for the past couple of minutes (which, admittedly, has made me feel somewhat better).

Even Then

« Reply #9536 on: January 08, 2016, 12:45:37 am »
I had my toe get jammed under the door when I opened it once. Mother of fuck, that was pain.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #9537 on: January 08, 2016, 06:30:33 am »
Bashed my toes against a door frame again. Fucking hell, that's painful. I've been screaming profanities at the top of my lungs for the past couple of minutes (which, admittedly, has made me feel somewhat better).

I read a study somewhere a long, long while back, that shouting profanities after an injury actually does reduce its pain.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9538 on: January 08, 2016, 08:49:05 am »

I read a study somewhere a long, long while back, that shouting profanities after an injury actually does reduce its pain.

shouting in general. it increases blood and air flow and helps get some adrenaline pumping, thus kickstarting the healing process.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9539 on: January 08, 2016, 06:44:40 pm »
Ran my foot into my cat's scratching post once.