Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073994 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9900 on: April 22, 2016, 11:22:11 am »
...There's something that annoys me and it showed up again.

If I say "I'm a men's rights activist and I think men are suffering from discrimination in-" FUCK YOU! MRA'S JUST HATE WOMEN AND ARE NOT INTERESTED IN EQUALITY!

Ok, then. That movement is clearly associated too much by assholes who really do complain about women and fight against feminism rather than trying to bring light to inequalities facing men. Fair enough, let's try it again...

If I say "I'm an Eqalitarian and I think men are suffering from discrimination in-" FUCK YOU! EQALITARIAN'S ARE JUST A REBRANDING OF MRA'S! THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT EQUALITY ARE FEMINISTS!

Well, to be honest some of the people who call themselves egalitarians really are just MRA's trying to pick a less hated name for their agenda. Let's try again...

If I say "I am a feminist and I think men are suffering from discrimination in-" STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT! WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE TROUBLES THAT WOMEN FACE AND YOUR MANSPLAINING AND "WHATABAUTISM" IS NOT HELPING!

...I mean, I am obviously aware that men in general are among the least discriminated groups but talking about our (few) problems really doesn't seem easy. I for one would like to use the egalitarian term but since it's being dragged to mud as well that doesn't seem to be working either.

And saying that "It's all patriarchy's fault" also seems to be a way to shut down the conversation and drag it back to being about how women suffer.
"Toxic masculinity" is like one of the biggest topics in all the feminist spaces I've been to.

Considering how overused the term is, I believe you.

Also, try calling yourself an "egalitarian feminist".

Has it worked for you?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9901 on: April 22, 2016, 12:02:47 pm »
Why would anybody care about a fluff piece on Buzzfeed, the red headed step child of global village idiot con-slobberate, Gawker? It's by idiots, for idiots and just can't manage to die fast enough for decency's sake.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9902 on: April 22, 2016, 12:38:51 pm »
To be fair, I would love to be able to grow a massive beard.  Alas, I'd end up looking more like a crazy hillbilly and less like Guan Yu.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9903 on: April 22, 2016, 02:25:32 pm »
To be fair, I would love to be able to grow a massive beard.  Alas, I'd end up looking more like a crazy hillbilly and less like Guan Yu.

+5 points
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9904 on: April 23, 2016, 01:55:09 pm »
Late 1800s-style giant mutton chops really need to make a comeback.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9905 on: April 23, 2016, 02:24:49 pm »
Late 1800s-style giant mutton chops really need to make a comeback.
Agreed.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #9906 on: April 23, 2016, 09:33:21 pm »
Variety in facial hair in general needs to make a comeback. Also, variety in hats.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9907 on: April 23, 2016, 09:46:23 pm »
Variety in facial hair in general needs to make a comeback. Also, variety in hats.

Don't we already have TF2 for that?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9908 on: April 24, 2016, 04:43:03 am »
There's this another forum where some random troll got banned and he came back with a different username and kept up the same shenanigans. Then he got banned again and added 2 to the end of the name. During several weeks of him spilling racist and/or right-wing spam all over the site her has gone up to [username]17 by now. 5 of them in one day. He never even pretends to be a new person and yesterday he opened up more than 50 topics with the title "ban me now" and the text "where are you you faggot nigger" or something like that inside.

Several people suggested doing an IP ban but he's just laughing at how useless those are since he's behind eleventy firewalls or something.

I'm just tired of his bullshit. If he had truly believed what he was saying or at least shown some creativity in his rants he might have been fun to debate but at this point doing anything to him is just feeding a troll and his crap isn't even funny anymore.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9909 on: April 24, 2016, 09:28:27 am »
Sounds like a rage troll.

I love the hell outta some waxed mustaches. It's such a fun look, and also artistic and creative, and the wax keeps the mustache out of the way when you dine. Nothing more gentlemanly or suave than that.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #9910 on: April 24, 2016, 02:32:34 pm »
To be fair, I would love to be able to grow a massive beard....

Measured from the chin, my beard is about 18 inches long when pulled straight to full length (it sits a bit shorter due to being naturally a bit wavey).  Just sayin' is all :P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:34:59 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #9911 on: April 24, 2016, 02:37:30 pm »
Sounds like a rage troll.

I love the hell outta some waxed mustaches. It's such a fun look, and also artistic and creative, and the wax keeps the mustache out of the way when you dine. Nothing more gentlemanly or suave than that.

The mustache part of my beard grows like a Fu Man Chu, so I'm all too familiar with getting your 'tache in your mouth when eating.  I've even woken up in the middle of the night gagging on my own 'tache, no joke.  I'd consider wax but that would require both money and effort.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9912 on: April 24, 2016, 03:08:17 pm »

Measured from the chin, my beard is about 18 inches long when pulled straight to full length (it sits a bit shorter due to being naturally a bit wavey).  Just sayin' is all :P

Cursessssssssss!  *shakes fist*

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #9913 on: April 24, 2016, 03:19:01 pm »

Do you wear a dirty mack, masturbate at bus stops and/or have a volleyball as your only friend? :)

Seriously though, my beard starts to curve forwards into this sort of weird hook arrangement if it gets past a few inches, so it's best to keep it reasonably trimmed. 

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9914 on: April 24, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »
I'm really anxious about the oral report I have to give in Chem tomorrow.  I need to do well on it to keep my grade up, and I know I'm probably going to be the one in my group that does most, if not all of the speaking, since the other two members of my group are kinda hard to understand (not their fault, neither of them are from the US) and I wrote the majority of the presentation.  I really hate it when classes do this, because it badly screws over awkward, asocial people like myself.  I just want this crap to be over, I'm so tired of having to worry about my grades, but I've likely got at least two more years of this bullshit in my future, unless I hit it big, somehow.  I just want a break, but I don't feel I'll be getting one any time soon and I'm really scared I'll end up burning myself out like I did last semester.