Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068970 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1875 on: August 11, 2012, 01:14:14 am »
I remember in my high school sociology class, we were talking about respect and how you earn it. And this girl raised her hand and said she respects women who own five hundred dollar purses. And like half the class agreed with her. Why the hell is that a reason to respect someone?
I'd say because if someone can afford to spend that much on a purse, they're quite obviously better than you.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1876 on: August 11, 2012, 01:45:14 am »
I remember in my high school sociology class, we were talking about respect and how you earn it. And this girl raised her hand and said she respects women who own five hundred dollar purses. And like half the class agreed with her. Why the hell is that a reason to respect someone?

1) They're high schoolers.
2) As we all know, the cool thing for kids nowadays is financial irresponsibility.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1877 on: August 11, 2012, 10:05:10 am »
When my recipe ideas don't turn out quite like I'd hoped they would. Just made a plate of chips with melted cheese and sour cream on top, and I have to say it's way to fatty as it is. Though with a decent helping of bacon to balance out the cheese, I can see it being absolutely delicious.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1878 on: August 11, 2012, 12:35:04 pm »

I'm not going to judge someone either way for having a nice purse, but if you're like this girl from my class who owned and obviously flaunted her purchases for the attention, then I'm going to have little respect for you. She owned Coach shoes, a Coach backpack, a Coach purse, Coach everything, and often pulled them out just for bragging. Of course, she also posted a complaint on facebook about how her house was so massive that it was hard to put up all the Christmas decorations. (I was forced to temporarily friend her on there because of a school project.)

Annoyance: I got up a few minutes ago and discovered only one of the lights is working down here. I heard the landlady and her hired help doing something earlier, but I can find no reason to leave me in almost total darkness. The lights didn't need any work, they've all been functioning perfectly fine since I moved in here. It's silent upstairs too, so did he just fucking leave without turning them back on? I'm just a tenant, and I have no clue where any of the electrical crap is in here.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1879 on: August 11, 2012, 01:35:54 pm »
I swear, there's something loose in my left foot. Aside from it feeling like it's broken, whenever I move my toe in a certain way, I can actually feel the tendon sliding across the bone (or at least, something's going on that feels like that). I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

I do hope this sorts itself out in the near future. It's really weirding me out.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #1880 on: August 11, 2012, 08:01:13 pm »
Nothing I'm drawing today is coming out right. I want to stab myself with my mechanical pencil.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1881 on: August 11, 2012, 08:02:45 pm »
Nothing I'm drawing today is coming out right. I want to stab myself with my mechanical pencil.

You draw with a mechanical pencil, too?  SO IT ISN'T JUST ME!  WOOHOO!

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #1882 on: August 11, 2012, 08:04:16 pm »
I do too!
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1883 on: August 11, 2012, 10:21:15 pm »
So do i!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1884 on: August 11, 2012, 11:03:55 pm »
I don't. Womp womp.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1885 on: August 12, 2012, 12:04:01 am »
I had to do it, it was driving me up the wall, long storyshort, I had to block this one person's status updates on FB, because she was always posting pics of shetler dogs, and it makes me sad looking at the poor dogs in need of a home.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1886 on: August 12, 2012, 02:11:44 am »
Trying to drain a saucepan full of noodles and accidentally dumping it all in the sink, on top of some dirty dishes that have been there since last night. I'm probably going to get food poisoning in a few hours, aren't I?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1887 on: August 12, 2012, 03:03:01 am »

I would have turned around and pimpslapped that bitch hard enough to make her face resemble a handbag.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1888 on: August 12, 2012, 04:40:40 am »
So, I just saw some chick get into an argument with the clerk at the convenience store over him telling her that she couldn't have her dog in there. She seemed to think it being a small dog somehow makes it okay for her to take it wherever she wants.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1889 on: August 12, 2012, 05:07:00 am »
I'll just say this: I can't stand tiny dogs.  (Chihuahuas, terriers, and the like.)