Author Topic: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries  (Read 63840 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries
« Reply #345 on: June 04, 2016, 12:57:38 am »
Yes. It is better to defeat your enemy before they can inflict damage, than to wait until the damage has already been done to attack.

George W Bush said before he invaded Iraq.

EDIT: Oops, missed the part where you said you were joking.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:09:32 am by Skybison »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #346 on: June 04, 2016, 01:13:55 am »
I don't support violence. But I understand why it happens. People are getting pissed off. I didn't agree with the riots that took place a couple years ago in Ferguson. But that wasn't my battle or my issue, I can see why they happened. I feel there are better ways to deal with problems, but when talking doesn't work violence happens. What pisses me off is the media especially the conservative media will look at the violence as if it's some sort of unexplained phenomenon that's happening. And instead of looking at the what caused the people to riot in the first place, it's always liberals are so unhinged, liberals are crazy, mexicans are violent, black people are violent thugs. It seems to be a conservative pattern to try to tackle an issue at the soil instead of getting to the root of the problem.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #347 on: June 04, 2016, 02:38:19 am »
This is what these elections are doing to people:

And honestly, it's not an unreasonable interpretation so I completely understand why she had trouble with that phrase.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #348 on: June 07, 2016, 11:20:16 pm »
Early results from California show that Jim Gilmore has 36 votes. Could this be the start of some late breaking Gilmorementum?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »
Healy Baumgardner, Trump's Senior Press Representative, is hilarious. She is funnier than the SNL send up of her could be. Plus I'm pretty sure she's wearing the glasses to appear clever as this is the only video of her I've seen with her wearing them.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HMOitcJtLQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HMOitcJtLQ</a>

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #350 on: June 10, 2016, 02:19:25 am »
Just in case there's anyone reading this of the "vote for Trump to stick it to the dems for not choosing Bernie" type reading this, here are a pair of articles to remind you just how high the stakes are with a Trump Presidency:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/03/opinion/the-id-that-ate-the-planet.html?_r=0

No doubt Donald Trump hates environmental protection in part for the usual reasons. But there’s an extra layer of venom to his pro-pollution stances that is both personal and mind-bogglingly petty.

For example, he has repeatedly denounced restrictions intended to protect the ozone layer — one of the great success stories of global environmental policy — because, he claims, they’re the reason his hair spray doesn’t work as well as it used to. I am not making this up.

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/7/11872834/donald-trump-norms

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #351 on: June 10, 2016, 08:38:10 am »
Early results from California show that Jim Gilmore has 36 votes. Could this be the start of some late breaking Gilmorementum?

#ImWithGill

EDIT: Finally I can post again, several days in a row my posts would constantly time out. Did I get banned or something? whatever I did, I promise to be a good boy this time.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2016, 04:27:21 pm »

#ImWithGill

EDIT: Finally I can post again, several days in a row my posts would constantly time out. Did I get banned or something? whatever I did, I promise to be a good boy this time.

You were banned. Truth is, nobody likes the Winnipeg Jets. Only good thing to come out of Winnipeg is Chris Jericho.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2016, 04:34:54 pm »

#ImWithGill

You were banned. Truth is, nobody likes the Winnipeg Jets. Only good thing to come out of Winnipeg is Chris Jericho.

And their cream cheese.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2016, 04:36:56 pm »
We'll totally win the Stanley Cup next season

*sobbing intensifies*

EDIT: GOP senator prays for Obamas death. perhaps not the smartest move.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:38:27 pm by Dakota Bob »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2016, 05:43:46 pm »
Not just Obama.  His wife and children were also part of that.

Ironbite-cause you know...FUNSIES!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2016, 06:31:57 pm »
"You know I didn't really believe that it would happen when I was praying"

"So you don't believe in Christ..."

;D

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2016, 12:24:17 am »
I think you'll find that was the media's fault. Kind of like Trump attempting to pressure a federal judge is in fact the media's fault. Forget the racism (which is bad but hardly fucking news) he's trying to interfere with a continuing case by bringing the court into disrepute. I'm surprised it's not a contempt of court.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2016, 11:03:52 am »
Trump isn't winning enough white voters

Can the Trump Train finally be derailed? or is this another incorrect Trump prediction from fivethirtyeight, and the strength of his memes and racism too strong to overcome?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2016, 11:22:20 am »
Someone has already claimed that today's mass murder is going to win the elections for Trump. "Everyone at the club was a Shillary voter and the survivors are going to vote for Trump."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!