Author Topic: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries  (Read 63320 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries
« Reply #375 on: June 24, 2016, 04:28:56 am »
Trump is many things. But I don't think he's a rapist.
If he is though, the media will try and portray Donald as the victim.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:32:34 am by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2016, 06:40:54 pm »
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/news/press-releases/donald-trump-illegally-soliciting-money-foreign-nationals-fund-his-presidential

Trump has been soliciting donations from foreign sources.

Donald J. Trump's presidential campaign committee is violating black-letter federal law by sending campaign fundraising emails to foreign nationals - including foreign politicians - in at least Iceland, Scotland, Australia and England.

Donald Trump should have known better," said Paul S. Ryan, CLC deputy executive director. "It is a no-brainer that it violates the law to send fundraising emails to members of a foreign government on their official foreign government email accounts, and yet, that's exactly what Trump has done repeatedly. The FEC's forum last week highlighted how foreign corporate money could infiltrate U.S. elections, but Trump's fundraising antics show that the FEC must also monitor candidates directly soliciting foreign money.

"If the FEC fails to take action on our complaint, it could send a message that Trump and other candidates have the greenlight to fundraise overseas,” Ryan added.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #377 on: July 02, 2016, 01:07:00 am »
Does this mean that Trump is disqualified and the Democratic nominee wins by default? Or is there any punishment for violating the rules/laws/regulations like this?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #378 on: July 02, 2016, 01:23:01 am »
Does this mean that Trump is disqualified and the Democratic nominee wins by default? Or is there any punishment for violating the rules/laws/regulations like this?

My guess is that it would just be a big fine (and unlike with Clinton, the Republican appointees on the FEC board might decide they hate Trump enough to actually issue a penalty).

But even if Trump were disqualified (at this point), it's likely the Republican Convention rules committee would make his delegates unbound, and then who knows where the nomination goes. Cruz, probably, unless there's a big behind-the-scenes push to give it to Rubio or Bush.

If Trump were declared ineligible after the convention, I don't know how that would affect things. Possibly he would still appear on the ballots and his running mate would be sworn in as President, and then choose a new Vice-President pursuant to the Twenty-Fifth Amendment. Or perhaps his ticket would be taken off entirely in some states, which would probably lead candidates like Gov. Johnson and Dr. Stein to make big pushes for people who would have voted for him there.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.