Author Topic: Big Dog Question  (Read 6952 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Big Dog Question
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 10:57:51 pm »

Oh, hi, mouse.

+1 for the Dresden Files reference.

Has anyone suggested a Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) or Australian Shepherd? My pup Jethro is (we're pretty sure) a Texas Heeler, which is a cross between the two. I hear that both Heelers and Cattle Dogs are intelligent and if Jethro is typical of Texas Heelers then I cant recommend them enough.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 12:03:15 pm »
We have it narrowed down to a St. Bernard, Newfoundland, and Bernese mountain dog. Unless we can fall bass akwards into a mutt before spring. Thanks everyone!
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2015, 11:02:08 am »
checking in for an update. any news? any fuzzy additions to the family?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2015, 11:19:01 am »
Knowing rookie, that would've popped up in the Cutie Thread or a new topic...unless the pup is such a big handful he's too frazzled to do it?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2015, 01:38:35 pm »
No, don't have the money right now. It'll be one of the 3 I listed earlier come April. But we're still keeping our eyes own for a mutt on Craigslist.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 09:46:08 am »
Newfoundland.  Because unless your would-be assailant knows the breed and realises they're soft-as-shit, the size alone is terrifying.

And they make an excellent alternative to central heating in winter.

RUG MODE: Engaged

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 09:52:00 am »
I don't remember if someone has said this before, but I'd recommend Petfinder if you're unable to find a dog you want in a shelter. There are many breed-specific rescues on there, so it's a good place to check before heading straight to a breeder.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 12:23:02 am »
Newfs rock. They will squash the kids though... but I guess it was our fault for trying to ride on him.

I know it's not in the running but B&T Coonhounds would probably be a decent, albeit high energy choice.  Friendly and fearless with the added bonus of being able to to tell the officers to just follow the sound of baying to locate the would-be mugger.

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 02:14:04 am »
With this promotion I really don't have the time to give a dog. I wouldn't be able to keep him exercised. So for the sake of everyone involved, maybe another time.