Author Topic: GamerGate  (Read 140891 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: GamerGate
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2014, 08:51:49 pm »
What does it mean to be doxxed?

Having your personal details (such as your home phone number, your address, where you work, and so forth) released to the public so that they are allowed to harass you, threaten you, deliver threatening things to you, and basically ruin your life.

Yes, there are some misogynistic assholes in the movement.  But we're dealing with them.  Try searching "#GamerGate Harassment Patrol" on Twitter.

Anyone else reminded of how police investigate themselves and generally find no fault?

Must I remind you of how we may have tracked down the guy who was threatening to shoot Anita?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »
Wow.  You threw out one bad apple.  Try the rest of the barrel next time.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #572 on: October 25, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »

Having your personal details (such as your home phone number, your address, where you work, and so forth) released to the public so that they are allowed to harass you, threaten you, deliver threatening things to you, and basically ruin your life.

Yes, there are some misogynistic assholes in the movement.  But we're dealing with them.  Try searching "#GamerGate Harassment Patrol" on Twitter.

Anyone else reminded of how police investigate themselves and generally find no fault?

Must I remind you of how we may have tracked down the guy who was threatening to shoot Anita?

Must I remind you how, very shortly before, you were denying that Anita was even threatened, and even claimed that she was faking it for attention?

You have NO credibility with me good sir.  Own up to your own damn actions, and I do mean YOU, not the entirety of Gamergate.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2014, 08:55:28 pm »

Must I remind you how, very shortly before, you were denying that Anita was even threatened, and even claimed that she was faking it for attention?

You have NO credibility with me good sir.  Own up to your own damn actions, and I do mean YOU, not the entirety of Gamergate.
That was an entirely different threat.

Wow.  You threw out one bad apple.  Try the rest of the barrel next time.

Maybe when you denounce Leigh Alexander for the racist bitch she is.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:57:06 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #574 on: October 25, 2014, 08:56:39 pm »
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Ironbite-you just aren't ever gonna admit your movement has some very dangerous individuals.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #575 on: October 25, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »

Ironbite-you just aren't ever gonna admit your movement has some very dangerous individuals.

What about anti-GamerGate Nazi sympathizer Ian Miles Cheong?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #576 on: October 25, 2014, 09:02:12 pm »

An a fine display of journalistic ethics that was on the part of gamergaters, reporting someone to the authorities-good. Declaring them guilty of making terrorist threats by name before they've had their day in court is something that would make even the grubbiest tabloid editor hurl your story wrapped around their favourite steel paperweight at you if you were stupid enough to let it cross their desk!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #577 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:05 pm »
You seem to think that anti-Gamergate people are united and unifed in our thinking.  We're not.  There is no banner for us to rally under.  You, on the other hand, have found a banner to rally under and defend everyone in your movement as without peer even when they do some very bad things.

Ironbite-there is no united front facing you.  Just small bands and individuals trying to make you see sense.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #578 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:18 pm »

That was an entirely different threat.

So Gamergate isn't even going to try to look for the first person who threatened Anita then - just declare it a false flag like they declare 99% of all women being doxxed by Gamergate (with 1% being "They weren't true Gamergaters")

Fantastic.  So what right does Gamergate have to talk about integrity and ethics when they clearly lack both themselves?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #579 on: October 25, 2014, 09:05:56 pm »

What about anti-GamerGate Nazi sympathizer Ian Miles Cheong?

I raise you actual Nazi GamerGate sympathiser Weev.

Also Vox Day is now a fan of gamergate, he should be familiar to anyone who checks out the old FSTDT site for his...interesting views on rape and violence against women. Hint, he's not opposed.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #580 on: October 25, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »
It's gettin' all guilty by association up in this thread.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #581 on: October 25, 2014, 09:09:20 pm »

Hey, if Ultimate Paragon can't take his own medicine, maybe he shouldn't be dishing it out. ;D

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #582 on: October 25, 2014, 09:09:56 pm »

Hey, if Ultimate Paragon can't take his own medicine, maybe he shouldn't be dishing it out. ;D

I was answering a specific charge from Ironbite.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #583 on: October 25, 2014, 09:11:13 pm »
Not all gamergaters are nazis, women haters or whatever. I've said as much all along, also some people opposed to gamergate are terrible people, also uncontroversial.

But if you want to respond to someone saying there are dangerous people in your movement by showing a naughty person who's opposed to gamergate then you are epically missing the point and also leaving yourself open to the accusation that your movement also has terrible supporters and it's trivially easy to show!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #584 on: October 25, 2014, 09:12:40 pm »
Not all gamergaters are nazis, women haters or whatever. I've said as much all along, also some people opposed to gamergate are terrible people, also uncontroversial.

But if you want to respond to someone saying there are dangerous people in your movement by showing a naughty person who's opposed to gamergate then you are epically missing the point and also leaving yourself open to the accusation that your movement also has terrible supporters and it's trivially easy to show!

The difference is, we deal with harassment by our evil teammates.  Has anybody against GamerGate called Leigh Alexander out for her racism?