Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1646737 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #3705 on: April 25, 2014, 02:40:47 pm »
Yes, snooze. 8)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3706 on: April 25, 2014, 02:43:18 pm »
Rest helps.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3707 on: April 25, 2014, 02:45:35 pm »
I'm sleep deprived because my loving father kept letting (and shutting) the cat in my room, and my cat kept waking me up throughout the night.

I can't take a nap because, otherwise, I won't sleep tonight, and I need to get to bed at reasonable times so I can wake up as early as noon.

Being born with a sleep dysfunction really sucks.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3708 on: April 25, 2014, 02:52:10 pm »
I'm sleep deprived because my loving father kept letting (and shutting) the cat in my room, and my cat kept waking me up throughout the night.

I can't take a nap because, otherwise, I won't sleep tonight, and I need to get to bed at reasonable times so I can wake up as early as noon.

I completely sympathize.  I used to suffer from insomnia.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3709 on: April 25, 2014, 03:03:08 pm »
It's not insomnia so much as an inability to fall asleep like a regular person.  It takes anywhere from an hour to three hours for me to fall asleep, no matter how sleepy or tired I am.  And when I try to make myself go to sleep sooner, it can take even longer to fall asleep.

There's been more than one night where I've gone to bed and just never fallen asleep.

Counting sheep doesn't work, either.  In fact, I think it ends up making it harder to fall asleep.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3710 on: April 25, 2014, 03:11:02 pm »
It's not insomnia so much as an inability to fall asleep like a regular person.  It takes anywhere from an hour to three hours for me to fall asleep, no matter how sleepy or tired I am.  And when I try to make myself go to sleep sooner, it can take even longer to fall asleep.

There's been more than one night where I've gone to bed and just never fallen asleep.

Counting sheep doesn't work, either.  In fact, I think it ends up making it harder to fall asleep.
Have you tried imagining a relaxing scene?

You know, maybe we should start another thread about this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:14:12 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3711 on: April 25, 2014, 03:16:35 pm »

Have you tried imagining a relaxing scene?

You know, maybe we should start another thread about this.

I've tried every trick in the book, including relaxing scenes.

It's a neurological issue, it's not something that can be cured like insomnia.  It's something I'm going to have for my entire life.

Also, fun fact, I almost said nostalgia instead of insomnia.

Regardless, I appreciate your concern, but it's not something that people on the internet can fix.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3712 on: April 25, 2014, 03:19:39 pm »
Okay.  Sorry man.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3713 on: April 25, 2014, 06:34:05 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3714 on: April 25, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »
I say the government should confiscate Bundy's ranch and cattle.  His actions have gone beyond the pale.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3715 on: April 25, 2014, 09:08:17 pm »
I read that he also is a melon farmer. He can graze his herd on his melons. Seriously, depending on the variety of melon, the leaves and shoots could be good fodder for them. But I wonder....does he also steal groundwater from underneath the federal rangelands, to water his melon crop?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3716 on: April 25, 2014, 09:20:31 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3717 on: April 25, 2014, 11:58:57 pm »

Can you explain to him why the cat thing is a total fail to you?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3718 on: April 26, 2014, 01:20:07 am »
I read that he also is a melon farmer. He can graze his herd on his melons. Seriously, depending on the variety of melon, the leaves and shoots could be good fodder for them. But I wonder....does he also steal groundwater from underneath the federal rangelands, to water his melon crop?

If Clive Bundy were a Muslim, there would have been at least three killed and Fox would have lamented the rise of terrorism among the Islamic youth of America.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3719 on: April 26, 2014, 01:24:27 am »

Can you explain to him why the cat thing is a total fail to you?

I have tried.  Repeatedly.  He keeps going with the "But he's bothering me." defense.

I would argue it, but you don't argue with my father.  You don't criticize him, either, because that's insulting.

Oddly, he enjoys it when I talk back, because he wants me to be this rebellious youth because that's a masculine thing.  So I don't bother talking back.