Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1653512 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5595 on: July 30, 2016, 06:04:46 am »

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5596 on: July 30, 2016, 09:42:47 am »
My my, that's actually quite cleverly done.  Kudos to whomever made that.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

pyro

« Reply #5597 on: August 01, 2016, 12:05:15 am »
Is that a parody, or have you gone off the deep end?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5598 on: August 01, 2016, 12:18:36 am »

Quote from: Jay-z
Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther could walk
Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run
Barack Obama ran so all the children could fly
So I'mma spread my wings, you can meet me in the sky

Obama's election had a huge effect on the black community, and what it means to be African-American in this country. It meant that despite the racial hardships exclusive to them, if they worked hard and did everything right, then they could be president. True, they'd have to work harder and get luckier to make it all happen, but there was a path to to the highest office in the land, and if Obama could do it, so could any other young and bright young black child. As one person put it, "Obama's election means that I can finally look my son in the eyes, tell him that you can be anything you want to be, and mean it."

Whatever you think of Hillary, representation is important and it conveys an equality of opportunity within our society for her to win. That is why  every democratic female senator (including Warren) signed a letter urging her to run in the 2016 election, despite her initial unease about doing so. That is not to say vote for her because of vagina, but simply that representation matters, and that last Tuesday was a historic moment for women in this country.

I know you don't like her, but that comic is plain wrong as it lampoons the very real effect that Obama's presidency had for African Americans and that a potential Clinton presidency would have women in this country.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5599 on: August 01, 2016, 05:40:27 am »
What sort of repercussions are you talking about?  Besides which weren't you seeking a response from your 'shitpost' anyway?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5600 on: August 01, 2016, 07:04:05 am »
I know you don't like her, but that comic is plain wrong as it lampoons the very real effect that Obama's presidency had for African Americans and that a potential Clinton presidency would have women in this country.

It does lampoon the effect but I don't get the feeling that it demeans it in any way. It's possible to appreciate something and come up with an amusing twist for it for the lulz.

The twist does make it a non-political cartoon, though, unless you take the twist seriously in which case it goes to the other thread. The original one without the last panel is the one that belongs to this thread.

Edit: according to Tineye the image is from the comments in http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sites/lizard-people-of-new-york so the main target of lampooning is the lizard people conspiracy.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:31:07 am by SCarpelan »

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5601 on: August 01, 2016, 09:48:11 am »
The twist does make it a non-political cartoon, though, unless you take the twist seriously in which case it goes to the other thread.

That is my thought process on it. The twist of the last image satired the original message, meaning it shouldn't be in the best of political cartoons. Or, if it was in reference to the lizard-people meme, then it wasn't political, and shouldn't be in a best of political cartoons thread.

So Dakota Bob can shitpost without repercussion in GTPSI but I can't do the same here?

I have no idea what you're talking about, so yes. Yes he can.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5602 on: August 01, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »
So Dakota Bob can shitpost without repercussion in GTPSI but I can't do the same here?

Just because a shitpost is a shitpost doesn't mean it can't be a great post. I'm making shitposting great again.

Also, I'm sure one can like Hillary and still laugh at a lizard cartoon. Besides, if anybody is a lizard, it's Tim Kaine.

Perhaps it would be best to form a shitpost megathread to contain it all to one place

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5603 on: August 02, 2016, 12:42:51 am »
Booo!  I read this thread for cartoons, not arguments!

This one cracks me up for some reason:

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5604 on: August 02, 2016, 09:09:47 am »
...The look on Putin's face. "HI JESUS, I LOVE YOU! I came here on my magical flying syringe to give you a big big hug!"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5605 on: August 02, 2016, 11:27:53 am »
...am I high again? But anyway is that supposed to be about Putin wanting to find a vaccine for the Zika virus?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5606 on: August 02, 2016, 11:35:37 am »
...It's about the Olympics. It was discovered (proven with evidence) that the Russian sports teams had not only been using doping but that it had been organized and sanctioned by the government. Surprisingly this time the Anti-doping organizations did something and several of the Russian athletes were banned from competing AND the country was banned from entering certain sports even if they did find a clean athlete.

On one hand this should have happened ages ago and to several countries (Finland should have been banned from entering international competitions ten years ago when we had our scandal.) but at least it's a move towards cleaning up the Olympics.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5607 on: August 02, 2016, 11:36:36 am »
No, it has to do with the Russian doping scandal and how they might be banned from the Olympics.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5608 on: August 04, 2016, 06:20:48 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5609 on: August 04, 2016, 09:32:35 am »
Wow. Originally not political but with a character switch they carry a political message and Watterson becomes a prophet.

Edit: And there are more of these. Original source is reddit.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:39:36 am by SCarpelan »