Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1646290 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5640 on: November 12, 2016, 10:09:37 am »
Cruz is like Pence: dangerous, not because he's a moron, but because he's got principles.  That's the one silver lining with Trump: Trump will do whatever benefits Trump most.  His principles begin and end with himself.  Cruz and Pence are arguably worse, because they see beyond themselves.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5641 on: November 12, 2016, 11:17:03 am »
Cruz and Pence are less likely to cause nuclear wars or the collapse of the democratic process though

(I don't think Trump is likely to, exactly. But if you asked me which candidate had the greater probability, of every one that run in this election...)
Σא

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5642 on: November 12, 2016, 03:22:53 pm »
It's hard to say. Cruz is arguably just as dangerous as Trump. The difference is that the whole world except his supporters know that Trump is a buffoon. Cruz is dangerous and, like Nixon, cunning.

Eh, I see pluses and minuses to both.

Good thing about Trump: He really has no idea what he's doing which limits what he can get done, he's less ideological than Cruz, he's more likely to be caught doing something warranting impeachment (whether the House goes along is anybody's guess).

Good things about Cruz: he's not an overt racist pandering to authoritarian types, he alienated a lot of his congressional allies, I trust him to peacefully hand over the reigns of government after 4 years.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5643 on: November 12, 2016, 05:38:21 pm »
Some of the Trump-fans are claiming that Trump is just doing what he always does in business life. Attach his name into something and then let people who actually know how to run things handle the business while Trump does PR and takes the credit.

Granted that, that is basically what investors do (though they also invest money into the project to make it possible for it to grow. And the ones like Trump use money from other people to do that.)

The problem with this is that although delegating some things is an important quality in a leader the president is supposed to make some decisions by himself. If Trump is really just making himself the figurehead then he is basically abandoning his duty. The next 4 years could be the Pence presidency. Also it's going to make things really unpredictable.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5644 on: November 12, 2016, 06:17:06 pm »
It could be argued that Bush was similar in letting Dick Cheney actually run things most of the time.

Though that isn't exactly an argument that bodes well given what happened then.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5645 on: November 13, 2016, 03:17:08 pm »
The difference is that Bush was willing to take the blame when things went wrong.  Trump is in no way prepared to take the blame for any screw ups from one of his yes men.  The second Pence does something that blows up in Trump's face, he fires him.  Or tries to anyway.

Ironbite-Trump does not suffer failure that gets attached to him, he looks for a way to spread that shit.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5646 on: November 13, 2016, 07:49:23 pm »
The second Pence does something that blows up in Trump's face, he fires him.  Or tries to anyway.

We can but hope.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5647 on: November 13, 2016, 09:54:56 pm »
The second Pence does something that blows up in Trump's face, he fires him.  Or tries to anyway.

We can but hope.

Well, a) he can't (think of the situation in which the election goes to Congress and the House and Senate elect ideologically opposed people), and b) then Trump would get free rein to pick whoever he wanted as VP (Manafort tricked him into picking Pence since he knew Christie, whom Trump wanted, had serious ethics issues).

EDIT:

EDIT:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:08:07 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5648 on: November 30, 2016, 10:55:49 am »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5649 on: December 02, 2016, 12:20:46 am »
Posting this in Best rather than Worst, because of the schadenfreude.  Garrison is desperately trying to convince himself that Trump hasn't sold out.

Unfortunately Trump appointed Mnuchin, an ex-Goldman Sachs executive, as Secretary of Treasury. More ominously, Mnuchin once partnered with Soros. I would rather have seen Ron Paul become Treasury Secretary, but perhaps Trump wants a few insiders in his cabinet in order to better deal with the powers that be. Trump said Mnuchin made some ‘amazing deals.’ Fine—as long as he’s willing to deal We The People in this time.

Maybe Trump wants such insiders because they know where the bodies are buried. That way he can better expose them. Can Mnuchin help bring back Glass Steagall and end the Big Club’s stranglehold on us? It remains to be seen, but if Trump continues to dine with Romney and others from the Big Club—and then does does their bidding, his feet will need to be held to the fire. Right now we can only hope that he is playing them off against one another.

And the accompanying cartoon:

Oh, and he's now a big fan of Farage, too.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5650 on: December 02, 2016, 12:43:01 am »
Posting this in Best rather than Worst, because of the schadenfreude.  Garrison is desperately trying to convince himself that Trump hasn't sold out.

Unfortunately Trump appointed Mnuchin, an ex-Goldman Sachs executive, as Secretary of Treasury. More ominously, Mnuchin once partnered with Soros. I would rather have seen Ron Paul become Treasury Secretary, but perhaps Trump wants a few insiders in his cabinet in order to better deal with the powers that be. Trump said Mnuchin made some ‘amazing deals.’ Fine—as long as he’s willing to deal We The People in this time.

Maybe Trump wants such insiders because they know where the bodies are buried. That way he can better expose them. Can Mnuchin help bring back Glass Steagall and end the Big Club’s stranglehold on us? It remains to be seen, but if Trump continues to dine with Romney and others from the Big Club—and then does does their bidding, his feet will need to be held to the fire. Right now we can only hope that he is playing them off against one another.

And the accompanying cartoon:

Oh, and he's now a big fan of Farage, too.

>Implying Trump had any integrity in the first place

Garrison may not be a white supremacist, but he's still kind of a wingnut.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #5651 on: December 02, 2016, 02:48:07 am »
Donald Trump and Nigel Farage's policies are going to push everyone but themselves off a cliff to their deaths.  A Good Cartoon.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:09:47 am by Skybison »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5652 on: December 02, 2016, 02:57:17 am »
Doesn't Trump want Farage as the UK's ambassador to the US? I hope May sends a Scottish liberal woman instead.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5653 on: December 09, 2016, 03:13:49 pm »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5654 on: December 10, 2016, 09:27:04 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!