Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517609 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2955 on: July 28, 2013, 12:30:57 am »
I will point out I play with survival off.  New Vegas I will say  has a better mmorality system.  We really need to get out of black and white and I'm glad NV had the faction system and the 4 main ones in particular ncr legion house and yourself
Yeah, I liked that system.

I don't having a good/evil-karmameter for the player but generally speaking reputation should be the one that affects others more. I really liked the reputation starting from the Fallout 2 where it specifically said that reputation is only affected by things that there are witnesses to. So you could be a villain with a great reputation if no one ever saw you commit crimes/murders. (I didn't really test how well that system worked in the game but I liked the concept.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2956 on: July 28, 2013, 08:33:05 am »
What I want is the ability to unite the Empire and the Stormcloaks under the same banner and kill every single Thalmor.

I would also love it if what ultimately did the Thalmor in was an Altmer resistance infiltrating them and destroying them from the inside.

I wonder how many Black Sacraments have been performed towards the leader(s) of the Thalmor?

THIS.  First off, you're the god damned Dragonborn, Tamriel's version of Jesus.  You have god-like powers, can summon god damned dragons and set whole platoons on fire just by talking, and by the end, you're likely the single richest sentient being in Skyrim, if not on the entire continent.  I doubt it'd take much for the Dragonborn to rally all the people, and lead a massive fuck-off crusade against the Aldmeri Dominion.

Though, if I had the option, I wouldn't stop until I had every single Altmer mounted on pikes a la Vlad the Impaler.

I hate "High" Elves.

All the other elves are cool; the Dunmer had a problem with slavery, but I think having their homeland obliterated by a volcanic eruption likely put a stop to lots of that pretty damned quickly.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2957 on: July 28, 2013, 09:20:24 am »
What I want is the ability to unite the Empire and the Stormcloaks under the same banner and kill every single Thalmor.

I would also love it if what ultimately did the Thalmor in was an Altmer resistance infiltrating them and destroying them from the inside.

I wonder how many Black Sacraments have been performed towards the leader(s) of the Thalmor?

THIS.  First off, you're the god damned Dragonborn, Tamriel's version of Jesus.  You have god-like powers, can summon god damned dragons and set whole platoons on fire just by talking, and by the end, you're likely the single richest sentient being in Skyrim, if not on the entire continent.  I doubt it'd take much for the Dragonborn to rally all the people, and lead a massive fuck-off crusade against the Aldmeri Dominion.

Though, if I had the option, I wouldn't stop until I had every single Altmer mounted on pikes a la Vlad the Impaler.

I hate "High" Elves.

All the other elves are cool; the Dunmer had a problem with slavery, but I think having their homeland obliterated by a volcanic eruption likely put a stop to lots of that pretty damned quickly.
I'd imagine the High Elves be a lot easier on people if they focused more on being "high" elves.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #2958 on: July 28, 2013, 10:12:20 am »
My friend and I have been playing the hell outta Civ 5, and I've got to say that it is the most fun I've had in a while. The hours have just flown by. It's also really relaxing for me, for some reason.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2959 on: July 28, 2013, 10:25:24 am »
I bought Eador: Genesis, since it's on sale for $3, and I have to say, it's a really good turn based strategy. Right up there with Age of Wonders, Heroes of Might and Magic III and Dominions III. Especially impressive, considering it was made by just one guy in Russia. If you're a fan of turn based strategy, then it gets a rather hearty recommendation from me.

Just stay the hell away from the remake (Masters of the Broken World). It's got fancier graphics, but it's also a buggy, unfinished, barely playable and painfully slow mess that's more expensive than the original.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:26:29 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2960 on: July 28, 2013, 06:23:52 pm »
Oh lord, the bitching about how shadowrun could not possibly have cost 2 million to make has begun. Nevermind a fully featured editor, secondary campaign, and pile of random other crap associated with that money.

Nobody who tries to work on a project actually understands the costs. It's only cheap if you do as many jobs yourself as you can.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2961 on: July 28, 2013, 07:20:24 pm »
I bought Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony, Kingdom Hearts 3D Drop Distance, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, and Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.

I also preordered Beyond: Two Souls.

I really hope The Last of Us is as good as they say.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #2962 on: July 28, 2013, 07:30:17 pm »
Started playing Dead Space 2 again, periodically pausing to wipe the cold sweat from my palms. I now have lightning reflexes and can keep a stoic expression in the face of any and all sudden terror.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2963 on: July 28, 2013, 08:08:09 pm »
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance is fun.  A lot of fun.  You shall enjoy.

As for myself, I got a new MOBA to play.  Awesomenaughts.  It's a lot of fun I'll say.

Ironbite-but League is still my first love.

Distind

« Reply #2964 on: July 28, 2013, 09:01:09 pm »
Beat Shadowruns returns. If you disengage the nostalgia filter it's probably the best shadowrun game made. More true to the feel of the game than any of the other adaptations, just unfortunate the cybernetics took a back seat and it was more linear than typical. Though frankly it's about on par with the SNES Game for that, just tells you were the hell you need to go next. Can't wait for them to finish the remake of the SNES version under this engine.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2965 on: July 28, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance is fun.  A lot of fun.  You shall enjoy.

As for myself, I got a new MOBA to play.  Awesomenaughts.  It's a lot of fun I'll say.

Ironbite-but League is still my first love.

I've been told it's pretty good. As well as the DS ones.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2966 on: July 28, 2013, 10:28:49 pm »
After finally reaching the town of Megaton, tetanus capital of the world once again, I meet a....off store owner by the name of Moira who gives me a reinforced vault 101 suit and sends me off to work on a "survival guide" she wants to do.  So off to a food mart a little ways into the wasteland which turns into a bandit trap.  Bandits everywhere, even the robot inside the store I started up didn't do much to help.  Eventually, I find food and bring my crippled ass back to Moira who tells me to get radiated.  Welp, there's a giant bomb in the middle of town let's try there.  (1)

Sitting here in front of a atomic bomb like a dumbass and listening to the guy behind me babble on about the Church of Atom makes me wonder if killing the guy who wanted to blow the place was actually in the wrong.

After getting over 600 in rad, I end up getting Moira's concoction which allows me regenerate my limbs if I'm heavily radiated. Joy! I'm a X-Men now!  Afterwords,  she's tells me it's time to WALK THROUGH A MINEFIELD. (2)  I have the sneaking suspicion this woman is trying to off me.

We finally make it to town(3) after a long walk and watching ants fight a giant scorpion.  So let's look for some mines.  Apparently, crouching at a mine like in Metal Gear Solid doesn't work here as I have one blow up in my face. (4)  Also tripping balls now, as everything on screen is blurring the hell.  Is that gunfir- HOLY SHIT(5).  Welp, I'm almost dead now that THE RANDOM CAR IN FRONT OF ME EXPLODED.

Is....is that a person shooting at that car up there?(6)

(7)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2967 on: July 28, 2013, 10:33:31 pm »
I always had the sneaking suspicion that Moira was completely fucking unhinged...seriously, nobody could be that god damned dense without having more than a few dozen screws loose.

Also, very, VERY annoyed with the Minecraft server I'm on, currently.  I'm trying to make a quantum tank from GregTech, a mod that's notorious for being obscenely difficult and time-consuming to make even basic shit, let alone a device that can store the equivalent of 488+ chunks worth of liquid.  So, for parts of it, I need these things called data orbs.  Not a big deal, we've got a fair UU-matter stockpile, and even if we didn't, we've got over 300 emeralds in our AE system just sitting there doing great fuck all and circuits are a joke to make.  Wanna know how long it takes for the GregTech assembly machine to make a single data orb?  640 SECONDS.  In other words, over ten god damned minutes.  The fucking kicker?  Apparently, there's some bug between GregTech and Applied Energistics, because the orbs I've tried to make NEVER SHOW THE FUCK UP.  I tried making a few this morning, at around 8am.  Its 10:30pm, and last time I checked, which was about 90 or so minutes ago, I STILL DIDN'T HAVE ANY FUCKING DATA ORBS.

This means, for the purposes of testing, I'm going to have to make an assembling machine that's not connected to our AE system, and spend >20 minutes just making a few components for a single fucking tank.  To my credit, however, when its done, my design will be motherfucking BEASTLY.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:39:19 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2968 on: July 28, 2013, 11:14:11 pm »
I like Moira. She's adorable. You don't get rid of her if you nuke the town tho.

&

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2969 on: July 28, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »
Ah yes, I remember Moira and her insane quests. I remember thinking "WTF, LADY!" every time she sent me on something. Though I have to say, once I got the hang of playing, the Minefield was actually pretty fun. Once I learned how to disarm a mine without having it blow up in my face, running around and disarming the things while staying behind cover from the crazy old dude with the sniper rifle was a fun little challenge. Then I rewarded myself with the sniper rifle after, which I pried from his cold, dead hands. Satisfying!  ;D