Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517494 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4170 on: January 29, 2014, 03:19:19 am »
So far, the humor and feel are both spot-on, in my opinion.

Murray's design is... quite frankly a little scary, but I think I can warm up to it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4171 on: January 29, 2014, 11:24:07 am »
Well there is no Uve Bole BUT will this come out

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4172 on: January 30, 2014, 02:56:04 am »
So I've been playing some NES games lately.  One such game is called "Operation Wolf."  The game is a first person side-scrolling shooter, and in it you go through six stages plus a randomly occurring "bonus" stage where you have to defend yourself.  The plot involves finding prisoners of war, rescuing them, and escaping.

So anyway, I was close to winning (or so I thought).  I had made it to the airport and killed all the choppers and soldiers and tanks.  Suddenly the game's all "Nope!  You gotta defeat this Apache chopper!"  I totally lost, but I'm okay with that.  This is a game I played when I was younger, and I was never able to make it that far as a kid.  Maybe I'll beat it some day here in the near future.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4173 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:04 am »
So I've been playing some NES games lately.  One such game is called "Operation Wolf."  The game is a first person side-scrolling shooter, and in it you go through six stages plus a randomly occurring "bonus" stage where you have to defend yourself.  The plot involves finding prisoners of war, rescuing them, and escaping.

So anyway, I was close to winning (or so I thought).  I had made it to the airport and killed all the choppers and soldiers and tanks.  Suddenly the game's all "Nope!  You gotta defeat this Apache chopper!"  I totally lost, but I'm okay with that.  This is a game I played when I was younger, and I was never able to make it that far as a kid.  Maybe I'll beat it some day here in the near future.

Oh man, Operation Wolf... to this day, that game kicks my ass.  And I love it every time.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4174 on: January 30, 2014, 03:14:15 am »
I had Operation Wolf on PC and all the kids in my school were playing it. I think it was one of the first PC games I played. (After Rick Dangerous 2 and Xenon 2.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4175 on: January 30, 2014, 03:44:01 pm »
I FUCKING DID IT!  I finally beat Operation Wolf!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #4176 on: January 30, 2014, 03:48:23 pm »
So you are saying the dragon should be the emperor? I agree with this. The empire is a shame but the stormcloaks I cannot stand them. Fuck why wasn't there an option to make me high king.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4177 on: January 30, 2014, 04:06:28 pm »
Yeah, I wish there was an option for the Dragonborn to become either High King or Emperor, or even both.  Considering that choosing a side is just choosing between the "lesser of two evils", taking over means you can improve at least one of two belligerents.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4178 on: January 30, 2014, 08:30:48 pm »
Best thing in New Vegas.  Man the NCR cant tell head from their ass.  Man Legion is evil (who sides with them) oh my god house is a dick nearly about to throw away the game oh hi yesman

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4179 on: January 30, 2014, 08:33:37 pm »
I have to admit, i laugh at the people struggling to pick a side in skyrim.

Im just like "lol, eeny meeny miny mo its not like you cant replay it and pick the other"
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4180 on: January 30, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »
The thing though neither side gives you what you want.  Which is something to do and feel good about.  And honestly, the Civil War does nothing for the end game.  Its just background noise.

Ironbite-really dull really dim really soft background noise.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4181 on: January 30, 2014, 09:23:37 pm »
I have to admit, i laugh at the people struggling to pick a side in skyrim.

Im just like "lol, eeny meeny miny mo its not like you cant replay it and pick the other"

I can't say I lost any sleep over which side to choose. It took me all of three seconds to decide to side with the Stormcloaks the first time I played. I mostly just think it would be kinda neat if the Dragonborn could start their own faction, perhaps as something you could unlock through other quest lines.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:26:03 pm by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #4182 on: January 30, 2014, 09:43:24 pm »
Well, Nintendo's currently giving away the Legend of Zelda: Four Swords on the 3DS e-shop until the 4th, which is pretty neat. I probably won't even play it that much, but hey, it's freeeeeeee!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4183 on: January 30, 2014, 09:55:48 pm »
single player is awful for 4 swords
as for replay by the time i beat the civil war i put so many hours i was too stressed to replay

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #4184 on: January 30, 2014, 10:15:03 pm »
single player is awful for 4 swords
as for replay by the time i beat the civil war i put so many hours i was too stressed to replay

Even more reason to force my friends to download it!  ;D

On another note, I noticed this video on my dash about a mobile version of the old game Dungeon Master. Saying it's a horrible abomination of a game that should never have been made other than as a testament to the greed of EA is probably putting it lightly.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpdoBwezFVA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpdoBwezFVA</a>