Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513151 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6360 on: February 15, 2016, 04:58:30 pm »
So...EDL the game.

Defend your bangers and mash from the furreners who want you to eat halal kebabs.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6361 on: February 16, 2016, 04:10:36 am »
First world problem: I want to get a PS4 with my tax return.... but I REALLY don't want the Call of Duty bundle and that's my only option. And unfortunately, GameStop is only taking it for $23.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #6362 on: February 16, 2016, 04:31:17 am »
First world problem: I want to get a PS4 with my tax return.... but I REALLY don't want the Call of Duty bundle and that's my only option. And unfortunately, GameStop is only taking it for $23.
They the only distributor in your area, or the only one that's letting it go cheap?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #6363 on: February 16, 2016, 04:24:22 pm »
Its the only one I found trade in values for. I didnt look very hard, but i cant imagine other sources are much different.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #6364 on: February 16, 2016, 04:33:28 pm »
Can you get rid of the COD stuff or is it one of those annoying features they make hard to get rid of?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #6365 on: February 16, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »
It just comes with a copy of Black Ops III. What I'll probably end up doing is buying the bundle, then turn around and sell the game to GameStop and use the credit to buy inFamous.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6366 on: February 16, 2016, 04:45:17 pm »
Fallout 4 DLC info dropped and......my god its full of stars.

Ironbite-oh and Robots.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6367 on: February 16, 2016, 04:45:43 pm »
Yesterday mine was having a PS4 and 2 used games under $40 for 349.99...
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6368 on: February 16, 2016, 04:51:49 pm »
I heard somewhere that if you wait until the time when all the school kids get their report cards, you'll find a hell of a lot of cheap consoles on eBay. Not sure how true it is, but it could be worth a shot if you don't mind the wait.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #6369 on: February 16, 2016, 05:19:08 pm »
Yesterday mine was having a PS4 and 2 used games under $40 for 349.99...

I've heard of that, I'll have to double check if it's still available. I could easily get inFamous and Arkham Knight or Tales of Zesteria with that.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6370 on: February 16, 2016, 05:31:06 pm »
Having seen a playthrough of XCOM 2 I really like it and will probably buy it when possible even though I know the story now.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #6371 on: February 17, 2016, 12:33:27 am »
The new one's got a sort of "V" storyline where the alien invaders have become the establishment hasn't it?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6372 on: February 17, 2016, 02:26:11 pm »
So...EDL the game.

Defend your bangers and mash from the furreners who want you to eat halal kebabs.

I'm gonna withhold judgment until we learn more about the game.  On one hand, calling a game about fighting ISIL "Islamophobic" is like saying a game where you fight Nazis is "Germanophobic."

On the other hand, it was made by people who think being edgy and offensive for its own sake is a poke in the eye to political correctness.  So really, it could go either way.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #6373 on: February 17, 2016, 06:30:54 pm »
So...EDL the game.

I'm gonna withhold judgment until we learn more about the game.  On one hand, calling a game about fighting ISIL "Islamophobic" is like saying a game where you fight Nazis is "Germanophobic."

On the other hand, it was made by people who think being edgy and offensive for its own sake is a poke in the eye to political correctness.  So really, it could go either way.
I think the storyline where the Islamic hordes invading Europe nods, or perhaps "dog whistles", towards another topical happening which isn't the Islamic State but rather the people running away from them.

If Destructive Creations are equating refugees fleeing ISIS with ISIS itself, and I don't know if they are yet, then that would indeed be as Islamophobic as fuck!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6374 on: February 17, 2016, 06:57:21 pm »
So...EDL the game.

I think the storyline where the Islamic hordes invading Europe nods, or perhaps "dog whistles", towards another topical happening which isn't the Islamic State but rather the people running away from them.

If Destructive Creations are equating refugees fleeing ISIS with ISIS itself, and I don't know if they are yet, then that would indeed be as Islamophobic as fuck!

You're absolutely right.