Author Topic: Skyrim Thread  (Read 44777 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Skyrim Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 07:50:49 pm »
About lockpicking (guild storyline spoilers):
(click to show/hide)
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shano

• Bishop
  • Trust me, I am a doctor.
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »
The wedding in skyrim is a farce not a romance. See what happens is the following:

1. You buy the possibility to marry - 200g (or if you are lucky you find it as random loot, or even steal it).
2. You buy the services of a mercenary -500 g (or you do a simple quest for them, or you brawl them for them to agree that you can pay them to become a follower).
3. And then miraculously they are bewildered at the thought that there could be anyone that wouldn't want to marry you.
4. You live together happily ever after.

I have already (on the older forum) expressed my total disappointment at the writing of skyrim, but it disturbs me so much that so little effort was put into it... How can you make a game with such good graphical design and have mediocre to bad story design? And even worse voice acting...
The unbreakable wall

Napoleon the Clown

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 02:34:44 am »
Somehow it makes sense that Sandman's the one to bring up the idea of murdering everyone at your own wedding.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 07:48:23 am »
About lockpicking (guild storyline spoilers):
(click to show/hide)

Thanks, I'll keep that one in mind.

Yeah I got the necklace because I figured I'd eventually marry Aela or some woman I beat up in a bar (I'm playing a female character and she started the fight).

However, after I finished the golden claw quest, some woman walked up and said she found me attractive.  I returned the thought.  She then said, "Great, let's get married!"

I am SO glad that doesn't happen (often) in real life!

Currently, I'm going through the Companion storyline.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 08:33:36 am »
Somehow it makes sense that Sandman's the one to bring up the idea of murdering everyone at your own wedding.

LOL How so?
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Napoleon the Clown

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:57 pm »

LOL How so?
Well you did admit to attempting to genocide all the High Elves because they were insufferable cocks.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »

LOL How so?
Well you did admit to attempting to genocide all the High Elves because they were insufferable cocks.

Well, that just makes me reasonable.

"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Napoleon the Clown

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 05:14:14 pm »
As does suggesting killing all your wedding guests and fiancee. The Sandman is infinite in his wisdom.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 05:19:45 pm »
Well, it would be the quickest way to "irrevocably evil" status. Not sure how you could be MORE evil. Maybe if you slaughtered all the wedding guests with a live puppy?

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 05:33:24 pm »
You have sex with all the corpses?

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 05:38:30 pm »
....using the now-dead puppy.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 06:52:54 pm »

LOL How so?

Ey!  So did I...  Sandman and I shall exterminate the Altmer blight!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 06:47:47 am »
I just completed the Companions quest.  Now I'm trying to debate on whether I should get rid of the werewolf 'curse' or keep it.  If I keep it, I'm immune to disease and I have an extra power once a day to beat people senseless.  If I lose it, I can get that 25% exp bonus for sleeping with my wife (when I choose one). 

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 06:51:39 am »
If you start the Hircine quest by talking to the prisoner in Falkreath, one of the quest rewards is a ring that allows you unlimited use of Beast Form. You do still have to be a werewolf to take advantage of it.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 07:18:11 am »
[Insert obligatory arrow to the knee joke here]