Author Topic: Skyrim Thread  (Read 38662 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Skyrim Thread
« on: January 04, 2012, 04:09:34 am »
The game still seems popular enough to make a thread on.

So I'm friggin loving my new mage character. I forgot how fun it was to spam magic spells. But its also a bit of a bitch to keep going into the quick..change...inventory menu thing to swap my spells on each hand.

Also, one of my sisters friends is claiming that she found all the stones of Barenziah without a guide. Has anybody else actually done it...without a guide?
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Skyrim Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:27:36 am »
Clearly they had to have or else there wouldn't be a guide. :P /smartass

I put the Barenziah stones on hold to get more shouts. Then I put the game on hold for other games.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:20:03 am »
Just started up on my third character. Rolled up a Breton Mage. Was expecting to concentrate on Destruction but then I discovered the Bound Sword spell. Still keeping the Destruction running on the back-burner becasue swapping out to dual lighting spells and going Maximum Palpatine on people is HILARIOUS fun as always.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 06:52:51 am »
Went to a keep to kill bandits and collect a bounty.  I killed everyone inside and out (had to climb on rocks to get inside the keep).  Afterwards, I realized that I had attacked the wrong keep.  Oops.

Ironically, the bandits in the actual keep were much easier.

BTW, do the spells for opening locks still exist in this game, or do I have to do the minigame every time?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:26:08 am »
Might go back and start a new character when I'm doing goofing off in BF3.  Not sure if I want to do a Khajit or another Nord.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 02:59:45 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24</a>
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 04:22:53 pm »
Went to a keep to kill bandits and collect a bounty.  I killed everyone inside and out (had to climb on rocks to get inside the keep).  Afterwards, I realized that I had attacked the wrong keep.  Oops.

Ironically, the bandits in the actual keep were much easier.

BTW, do the spells for opening locks still exist in this game, or do I have to do the minigame every time?
Minigame every time.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 04:44:11 pm »
Yeah, bummer.  Oh well I'll just level it up some more.

I also accidentally got engadged, though I should be off the hook as long as I no-show, right?

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline SimSim

• The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 04:51:30 pm »
I don't know, never went for the romance in the game. Hell, I don't even know how you do it.

There are useful perks for lock picking when you level up, those might be useful for you if you don't like the minigame.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 04:53:17 pm »
You can stand her up at the altar and if you try hard enough you can convince her to forgive you and stand her up at the altar again. If you want you can also simply slaughter all the wedding guests.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 05:08:13 pm »
The romantic in me shudders.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 05:13:27 pm »
Are you sure you're not confusing that with a Dark Brotherhood assignment?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 05:42:13 pm »
I don't know, never went for the romance in the game. Hell, I don't even know how you do it.

You need to go to the Temple of Mara in Riften and buy an Amulet of Mara.  The priest who you buy it from gives instructions on how to get married from there.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline SimSim

• The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 05:51:41 pm »
Ah, thanks. Will have to try it for the shits and giggles.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 07:01:58 pm »
Are you sure you're not confusing that with a Dark Brotherhood assignment?

Nope. You can kill your own bride and all the wedding guests at your own wedding, too, if you really want to. Only recommended for people who really enjoy having a bounty on their heads, though.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson