Author Topic: Fallon Fox, Transgender MMA fighter, Could Lose License  (Read 5112 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Fallon Fox, Transgender MMA fighter, Could Lose License
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 09:55:07 am »
Technically, there could be "hormone issues", in that m-to-f transwomen continue to take female hormones to maintain their physique.....and those hormones do anything But make you stronger than natal women...so, if they wanna be all letter-of-the-law on the contract about hormone therapy, they could yank that outta their butts at her. Would be utterly meaningless in any practical light as to "fairness" to the born female opponents, though.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 04:41:04 pm »
Right now the biggest argument against Fox fighting women is that she might have retained some strength advantage and that some other male features may give her more of an advantage.

I doubt this as her last opponent more muscular than she was and obviously stronger.  Unfortunately for her opponent put her head down and ate a knee.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_areijo56/
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Distind

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 04:48:05 pm »
Technically, there could be "hormone issues", in that m-to-f transwomen continue to take female hormones to maintain their physique.....and those hormones do anything But make you stronger than natal women...so, if they wanna be all letter-of-the-law on the contract about hormone therapy, they could yank that outta their butts at her. Would be utterly meaningless in any practical light as to "fairness" to the born female opponents, though.

I hadn't really thought about that, but hormone therapy is something the regulatory body would want to keep an eye on over doping concerns. Not mentioning that could get you bruned, otherwise any legal cases they have to wage about it later have an exception to work from.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 04:49:19 pm »
I don't really have anything meaningful to contribute to the topic other than "I hope that she keeps her license."

However, I keep reading the title as "Falco Fox," instead of "Fallon Fox."  I spent far too much time as a kid playing Star Fox XD
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 06:02:42 pm »
I want her to keep her license and I also want to point out she's not the first athlete to be "caught" for being trans* in a sport and then an outcry happened. I forget the name but it was some tennis player this thing happened to as well. Except she got expelled. I think.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 06:08:38 pm »
I want her to keep her license and I also want to point out she's not the first athlete to be "caught" for being trans* in a sport and then an outcry happened. I forget the name but it was some tennis player this thing happened to as well. Except she got expelled. I think.

Are you thinking of Renée Richards?

She did get expelled but sued and won her right to play as a women.  Never won a title.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 06:10:02 pm »

Are you thinking of Renée Richards?

She did get expelled but sued and won her right to play as a women.  Never won a title.

That's the one. Thanks. :) Yep. She was actually in one of Sagan's books...

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »
As far as I know the last major sports organization to get rid of rules like that was the LPGA.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.