Author Topic: CNN atheist interview was a set up!, says Glen Beck  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: CNN atheist interview was a set up!, says Glen Beck
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 03:10:55 pm »
For what purpose would the incident be engineered?  Blitzer's question demonstrates how most of today's journalists are operating with IQ's that match their shoe sizes.  "So how do you feel now that a steam roller has run over your baby?"
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 08:28:32 pm »
I wish Beck and Jones would kiss and make up, too, live on the air, with lots of tonguing and petting.

I demand some nudity.

Awesome.

You just discovered the one thing that make me no longer gay.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 10:30:10 pm »
I thought the question was very, very strange as well--but then, not really. They are, as Beck pointed out because even a stopped clock is right at least once a day, in the 'heartland' of America and it's not unreasonable to think people would be religious since 82% of the population IS some flavour of Christianity. Most of the people interviewed about this situation DO mention god and thank god (didn't god send you this tornado to begin with...?), whether they're victims or family members or volunteers.

The question was certainly ASKED very strangely. It also didn't seem like Wolf had any idea how to react when he wasn't answered with someone babbling on about religion.

But, of course, atheists don't exist and they are CERTAINLY not happy people, enough to giggle at a silly question in the face of such terrible loss.

Glenn Beck is a dingbat and he also looks like the kind of guy you'd unexpectedly find on the SOR living in your neighbourhood. Just sayin'.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 10:37:42 pm »
I guess it's never occurred to Glenn that all Oklahoman's aren't bible thumping Christian conservatives?

Distind

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 06:26:06 am »
Some fun reactions submitted as  aquote, to much to be worth a quote, but may be relevant to the discussion here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/1evglm/some_wonderful_christian_comments_in_reply_to/