Author Topic: Grade School Cancels Graduation Rather Than Remove Prayer From Ceremony  (Read 2538 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Arkansas, I am disappoint.  I'm only here for a few short weeks, STOP GIVIN ME A BAD NAME!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
This is much more typical than it should be, sadly. I feel awful for the non-christian students who won't get a ceremony now. :(

It's sixth graders, I doubt they care that much.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses

.......explaining that the school’s decision to cancel was justified because “we just want to take a stand for God because we felt like out rights were taken away.”

Conceding that not everyone is Christian at the school, Adams added: “I realize they have rights too but you can’t take rights away from one group and give it to another.”

Of course that's not "rights".  It's privilege.

They want to be able to have a graduation ceremony that endorses their specific beliefs and if they can't have it, then EVERYONE  should suffer for it.

Kelly, along with other parents, have arranged to hold an alternative ceremony at a nearby church, where they will be free to pray. ”We are including everyone, everyone is invited, we want everyone to come and be a part of it,” she said of the decision to relocate.

Yes Jews and Muslims and Pagans and Atheists.  You can still come to our CHRISTIAN Church where you can be made ot feel liek a complete outsider to a ceremony supposedly about you.

How could anyone object?!

“We’re not trying to be pushy

I seriously wish I could invent telepathy so these guys could finally know what they sound like.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor