Author Topic: Time To Rage...Again...*sigh*  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Time To Rage...Again...*sigh*
« on: June 22, 2013, 12:02:29 pm »
A male-on-male rape-hazing of a 13 year old wrestler by his upperclassman team mates....and the 13 year-old & his family (including his father...the Principal) are shamed, tormented & forced to move. It's Stubenville all-over again.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/13-year-old-sodomized-wrestling-teammates

http://washparkprophet.blogspot.com/2013/06/norwood-colorado-is-pro-rape.html

I tell ya, folks aren't even pro-survivor even if they themselves are male athletes.

What really gets me is that, if it's all about "shame & embarrassment" with these coverups & silencing those wronged, wouldn't it make more sense for one's rep to admit you did wrong and do something about it? When I see this reaction from folks in Norwood, Steubenville, Penn State, The Vatican, I get the impression that either they're clueless about psychology or they approve & support the wrong done.

Norwood is apparently a total backwards, redneck/hillbilly, small-town nowhereville...I wouldn't be surprised if most folks were inbred.

If folks can't accept that LEARNING & INTELLECT are the whole point of schools & colleges and not minor, on-the-side, extracurricular activities like sports...we might as well ban sports until people can grow a brain & heart. Phys Ed is fine but organized sports teams need to be stiffled.

We need to destroy toxic-masculinity.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Re: Time To Rage...Again...*sigh*
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 12:23:00 pm »
What I love is the part where one of the residents complains about how it should have been left alone, as if the local authorities could have handled it.  Well maybe if they did bring the perps to justice instead of bullying the victim, it wouldn't require national attention.

wrightway

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 06:01:11 pm »
I've got to wonder how small towns survive when they act like this...

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 11:51:12 pm »
What I love is the part where one of the residents complains about how it should have been left alone, as if the local authorities could have handled it.
I imagine that's part of why some of the residents were so hostile about it. Bringing in investigators from Denver turned it into a "city vs. small town" thing rather than purely being about pencil bumrape.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 02:23:41 am »
^Yeah, it's the old trope of the small-town Sheriff vs. the State Investigators, or even the FBI.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 06:53:41 am »
Speaking from personal experience, it's very hard to admit your mistakes. I agree that in retrospect, it would have been better if all of these institutions had sought to punish their malcontents rather than protecting them. But the same could be said of my own problems.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 08:27:34 am »
What I love is the part where one of the residents complains about how it should have been left alone, as if the local authorities could have handled it.
I imagine that's part of why some of the residents were so hostile about it. Bringing in investigators from Denver turned it into a "city vs. small town" thing rather than purely being about pencil bumrape.

I doubt it. If the locals did the right thing to begin with the outside legal big guns wouldn't have to have been called.

Folks are really slow on the uptake. You'd think folks would know by now that covering up something to save face only makes you look worse. If you're upfront & punish the wrongdoers, folks will think highly of you. Sometimes & wonder if these folks (Norwood, The Vatican, police departments that screw up...) APPROVE of the wrong-doing?

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 12:29:19 am »
I've got to wonder how small towns survive when they act like this...

Because there's millions of them.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 01:13:31 pm »

Coming from someone who grew up in a small town, I can completely see that happening.  Small town dynamics are... weird.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 06:45:43 pm »
You know, I never understood that whole "small town pride" attitude. So you don't live in a major city and... that somehow makes you a better person? I mean, big cities tend to have higher educated populaces, support more advanced science, and possess a more diverse people. Why is being from some little nowhere place so great?

On a side note, the city I live in, Fort Collins (in the same Thordamned state as this one) is kinda in-between being a big city and a small city. I mean, it's certainly not little, its the fifth biggest city in the state, but it's not yet big enough to be seen as a "big city" in the classical sense. That's actually a point of contention in local politics, between the small town and big city types, on how to run the place.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 04:42:38 am »
You know, I never understood that whole "small town pride" attitude. So you don't live in a major city and... that somehow makes you a better person? I mean, big cities tend to have higher educated populaces, support more advanced science, and possess a more diverse people. Why is being from some little nowhere place so great?

Because dem city folk don't know nuthin' about community.  Small towns, folks are dependent on each other, they know each other, fix each others roofs.  In the city, people barely acknowledge other people exist.

...Or some bullshit like that.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 05:12:33 pm »

Probably some weird ego/inadequacy thing for them. You have these nobodies in Norwhereville with nothing & they fell...well...nobodyish. So, they do everything they can to puff themselves up. They resent & envy the big towns & cities because the latter has "stuff going on" and they feel left out. Add an element of nutty fundieness, anti-intellectualism & all-around ass-backwardness and, well, you have THIS!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 05:36:27 pm »

Because dem city folk don't know nuthin' about community.  Small towns, folks are dependent on each other, they know each other, fix each others roofs.  In the city, people barely acknowledge other people exist.

...Or some bullshit like that.

Wasn't the whole "small town communities are wholesome and have better people" trope one of the major subjects of deconstruction in the movie Dogville?