Author Topic: Mystery Science Theater 3000 Thread  (Read 7372 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 09:38:59 pm »
Anyone watch Rifftrax? Basically it's Mike, Kevin and Bill mocking more modern movies. You buy their commentary for a few bucks and sync it with a movie you already have (actually selling DVDs with commentary requires permission and payments and assorted bullshit). Particularly enjoyed 300 and I Am Legend.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 11:24:44 pm »
I've only watched the "Best of" compilations of Rifftrax, every compilation being of "The greatest riffs" of one movie.

My favorites were Battlefield Earth and The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »
Anyone watch Rifftrax? Basically it's Mike, Kevin and Bill mocking more modern movies. You buy their commentary for a few bucks and sync it with a movie you already have (actually selling DVDs with commentary requires permission and payments and assorted bullshit). Particularly enjoyed 300 and I Am Legend.

Watched their Reefer Madness live show on Hulu. That was funny as hell. Also their House on Haunted Hill with Richard Price, Burn Victim.

Oh, the worst MST3K movie I Think I've seen is The Castle of Fu Manchu. That shit was entirely unwatchable. It was just like suffering even with the riffing. The crew seemed to have as bad a time with it even.

My favorite from the Joel Era is Fugitive ALien 2 (They tried to kill him with a forklift!) and favorite from Mike is Invasion of the Neptune Men (They bombed the hitler building!)
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Distind

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »
I was ready to bludgeon myself to death while watching Santa Clause vs the Martians. It really was that bad.

There's a torrent that can eat entire hard drives out there with all of them, all the way back to some really shit rips of the pre-network season.

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »
Oh, the worst MST3K movie I Think I've seen is The Castle of Fu Manchu. That shit was entirely unwatchable. It was just like suffering even with the riffing. The crew seemed to have as bad a time with it even
Oh god I remember that one, yeah the crew was pretty defeated at the end of it. Though Mitchell broke Tom Servo's spirit...

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 06:39:26 pm »
I was ready to bludgeon myself to death while watching Santa Clause vs the Martians. It really was that bad.
With the stuffed polar bear? ;D

Try watching Santa Claus though. Picture Saint Nick plus Nineteen Eighty-Four with a dash of racial insensitivity.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 02:44:19 pm »
With the stuffed polar bear? ;D

Try watching Santa Claus though. Picture Saint Nick plus Nineteen Eighty-Four with a dash of racial insensitivity.

The funny part is that the film was originally Mexican and they were still pretty racist to themselves.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 06:18:03 pm »
Cinematic Titanic Will Stop Touring at the End of 2013
http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=14797

At least they will come back to my hometown for one of the final shows.

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 11:51:00 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Btl6WCHrbs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Btl6WCHrbs</a>

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 12:47:40 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6_i5bt4wGQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6_i5bt4wGQ</a>